Kick Geno to the curb???

Donn Beach

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 28, 2024 2:22 am

Ohhhhhh... because it's the middle of the off season with nothing happening but she's still required to pump out content?

Kinda interesting
. “Here’s a stat about Geno Smith that’s gonna blow your mind. On first down in the NFL, you know where he ranked in QBR? First. It wasn’t Mahomes, it wasn’t Jackson, it wasn’t Brock Purdy. It was Geno Smith,” Kimes said. While that standing decreased over the course of the down and distances, Kimes said that had to do with offensive line instability.
Wondering actually the value of that, has to be pretty small sample size

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 10:49 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 2:22 am
Ohhhhhh... because it's the middle of the off season with nothing happening but she's still required to pump out content?

Kinda interesting
. “Here’s a stat about Geno Smith that’s gonna blow your mind. On first down in the NFL, you know where he ranked in QBR? First. It wasn’t Mahomes, it wasn’t Jackson, it wasn’t Brock Purdy. It was Geno Smith,” Kimes said. While that standing decreased over the course of the down and distances, Kimes said that had to do with offensive line instability.
Wondering actually the value of that, has to be pretty small sample size
What do you mean. There are far more 1st downs than 2nd and especially 3rd downs. But why is the O line better on 1st down than the rest of the league but not 2nd and 3rd down?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 29, 2024 7:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:49 am
But why is the O line better on 1st down than the rest of the league but not 2nd and 3rd down?
Some of it I would imagine is down and distance. Some of it is the surprise of it all (fewer nickel and dime defenses on first and ten than on second and long or third and medium) and some more is the play calling. I have hated our third down play calling.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed May 29, 2024 9:21 pm

I decided i didn't know what it meant. Yeah, they were terrible on 3rd down, but great on first down. But isn't the point to avoid 3rd down? Shouldn't being great on first down lesd to less 3rd downs? They were also great between to 20 yard lines

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2024 11:50 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 7:46 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:49 am
But why is the O line better on 1st down than the rest of the league but not 2nd and 3rd down?
Some of it I would imagine is down and distance. Some of it is the surprise of it all (fewer nickel and dime defenses on first and ten than on second and long or third and medium) and some more is the play calling. I have hated our third down play calling.
3rd and short, throw it long. 3rd and long, throw it short. Hopefully that Monkey brained clown car Tomfoolery is dead forever!
dt