Donn Beach

Re: 610 GT @ 640PM - Jerry's Reinsdwarfs Invade Magenta Park

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:49 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:13 am
Millikin wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 am
Escape!

Looks like Robert wants to be a Mariner!
That was weird...

Seemed like he wanted no part of that AB.
Seems he will chase, he isn't perfect. I tend to have concerns with guys that don't walk. He didn't have much of a obp last season, his ops was mostly slugging. Reminds me of the teo Hernandez profile. Are there sound fundamental hitters that walk at a 5% rate?
You can hear the ball explode off of Robert’s bat from the next county. He absolutely tees up baseballs, ranking in the 93rd percentile of the league in Barrel% (per Baseball Savant).

He also has fantastic speed. Robert swiped 20 bags this season, qualifying himself as one of just six players to hit 30+ home runs and steal 20+ bases for the year. His Sprint Speed ranks in the 83rd percentile of baseball.

And those wheels play a part in his elite level defense. Robert recorded 13 OAA for the year in center field. That ranked second among all outfielders in baseball and in the 98th percentile of all players.

Now, he is not perfect. Robert strikes out more than his fair share. At a 29% clip to be exact. And for a team that’s Strikeout% stood at second in baseball in 2023, he would not lessen that issue.

Robert also does not walk. Since 2021, he has never drawn free passes at anything higher than a 5% rate, which is well below league average. He does have the tendency to chase a lot of pitches rather than working counts.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:09 am

I like Robert, but he's probably not what the Mariners need.

Mariners are middle of the pack (15th) at avg with runners in scoring position, yet 25th in RBIs with RISP. Because... They're 26th in plate appearances with runners in scoring position.

We need hitters that get on base more than we need sluggers. Or, both would be nice, but I don't know who that is.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/tool ... at%7CAB%7C
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:43 am

Mariners win! We're HEROES!!!

Complete dogahit for 7 innings and then that. Sux were idiots to take Fedde out. By getting himself tossed, Servais actually outmanaged someone tonight.

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:57 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:35 am
Sahil at the game with the UK contingent. You know these Blokes MostonMike? :)
Ha, good use of “blokes” as well. Seems the bloke on the right is a Leeds United fan and them and Mancs don’t mix. :lol: Your question reminds me of when strangers meet from different parts of the world and say, “Hey, you from UK / Ireland / Seattle / insert random place name here ……….. I’ve always wanted to go.” Like the world isn’t accessible enough to go and visit a place you’ve always wanted to go.

Bloody missed this one live, but just got through the game on catch up. Skipped through about 5 innings. 4 consecutive 2:40ams seemed a bit much. Looks like I sacrificed the wrong game. :oops:

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:17 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:49 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:13 am
Millikin wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 am
Escape!

Looks like Robert wants to be a Mariner!
That was weird...

Seemed like he wanted no part of that AB.
Seems he will chase, he isn't perfect. I tend to have concerns with guys that don't walk. He didn't have much of a obp last season, his ops was mostly slugging. Reminds me of the teo Hernandez profile. Are there sound fundamental hitters that walk at a 5% rate?
You can hear the ball explode off of Robert’s bat from the next county. He absolutely tees up baseballs, ranking in the 93rd percentile of the league in Barrel% (per Baseball Savant).

He also has fantastic speed. Robert swiped 20 bags this season, qualifying himself as one of just six players to hit 30+ home runs and steal 20+ bases for the year. His Sprint Speed ranks in the 83rd percentile of baseball.

And those wheels play a part in his elite level defense. Robert recorded 13 OAA for the year in center field. That ranked second among all outfielders in baseball and in the 98th percentile of all players.

Now, he is not perfect. Robert strikes out more than his fair share. At a 29% clip to be exact. And for a team that’s Strikeout% stood at second in baseball in 2023, he would not lessen that issue.

Robert also does not walk. Since 2021, he has never drawn free passes at anything higher than a 5% rate, which is well below league average. He does have the tendency to chase a lot of pitches rather than working counts.
Rooker has a 10.5% walk rate. With very few exceptions, hackers are not good hitters...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:21 am

mostonmike wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:57 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:35 am
Sahil at the game with the UK contingent. You know these Blokes MostonMike? :)
Ha, good use of “blokes” as well. Seems the bloke on the right is a Leeds United fan and them and Mancs don’t mix. :lol: Your question reminds me of when strangers meet from different parts of the world and say, “Hey, you from UK / Ireland / Seattle / insert random place name here ……….. I’ve always wanted to go.” Like the world isn’t accessible enough to go and visit a place you’ve always wanted to go.

Bloody missed this one live, but just got through the game on catch up. Skipped through about 5 innings. 4 consecutive 2:40ams seemed a bit much. Looks like I sacrificed the wrong game. :oops:
Ha, yeah reminds me of whenever I told someone that I went to the U. of Washington they would ask, oh do you know Fred Whipplestein? There were about 36k students at the time...lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:23 am

When I looked at the score this morning it seemed good and reasonable but then looked at the line score and couldn't believe it. lol Reminds me of the morning after Cal clinched the playoffs. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:50 am

What complete joke. So wrapped up in his bombastic buffoonery he had no idea the bases were loaded..
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:23 am
When I looked at the score this morning it seemed good and reasonable but then looked at the line score and couldn't believe it. lol Reminds me of the morning after Cal clinched the playoffs. lol
Best comeback win of the season? And after that collapse

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:36 pm

Rangers role into Chavez Ravine for 3 vs. the Dodgers and we continue with three more with the White Sox. Could have a 7.5 or even 8.5 lead before the weekend.
dt