Brilliant new Tax policy proposed by Trump

Donn Beach

Re: Brilliant new Tax policy proposed by Trump

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:28 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:23 pm
330 million people in the country and those are our two choices. lol Can't make it up.

If they made a movie 20 years ago about this race it would have completely bombed because it would have been completely unbelievable.
Went from Washington, Hamilton, Adams ect from a population of 2.5 million

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:44 pm

IMHO there should not be a tip tax. And for what its worth the auto-tipping for CC's should be boycotted. That is the 15, 20 and 30% buttons one can select when paying at the counter. That stupid.
Tipping is a gratuity for service rendered. Like everything else its become an entitlement for business. Covid was an economic disaster. Folks stepped up to help service personnel. Thats over now.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:51 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:44 pm
IMHO there should not be a tip tax. And for what its worth the auto-tipping for CC's should be boycotted. That is the 15, 20 and 30% buttons one can select when paying at the counter. That stupid.
Tipping is a gratuity for service rendered. Like everything else its become an entitlement for business. Covid was an economic disaster. Folks stepped up to help service personnel. Thats over now.
True. I am so tired of being asked to tip. Holy shit, here in Washington minimum wage is over $16.28 per hour. I didn't get that kind of money until I'd been in my field for over 8 years. Now fucking 16 year olds with ZERO work experience are getting it......
Then the business is asking for tips too.

No, I also don't tip waiters very much either. They are also getting the Washington Minimum wage, and in most cases more. The way I see it, if they are getting:
$17 per hour
6 tables an hour with a $5.00 tip each.

That would be $47 per hour.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:01 pm

It took my out of state son to set me straight. Out for breakfast and I pushed the tip button at the register. He pulled me aside explained the situation. "They didn't do anything to earn that tip" "Don't let them guilt trip you pops".

A fool and his money.....

I like your mathematical approach WW

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:22 pm

I also have heartburn over the whole 15% of the total bill.....

Am I getting service if my wife and I get the lobster rather than the bowls of mack and cheese?
One is $130 (including drinks) and the other is $20 (including drinks).
That would be $20 verses $3.

It's all a scam.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:10 pm

The 'tips' thing is hysterical and out of control, in my opinion. There are tip jars everywhere.

This might sound harsh but if your job requires tip money to make it feasible, then find a new job. One that doesn't require tips.