Kyle Tucker trade

Seattle or Bust

Re: Kyle Tucker trade

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:11 pm
Why wouldn't the Astros have to pay more for our prospects or SP. Why does the Tax only apply to us and not them? If a team is out of it and wants to rebuild then they should not care if it is within a division. The team sending prospects is FAR less likely to want to be destroyed by their former prospect for YEARS than the team selling a player with limited control, even a very good one.
I think your stance has merit... but I would imagine the tax is larger for the team that is making the move that will make them better instantly vs the team that will see results 3-4 years out.

It often costs buyers more than the sellers at the deadline.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:41 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:11 pm
Why wouldn't the Astros have to pay more for our prospects or SP. Why does the Tax only apply to us and not them? If a team is out of it and wants to rebuild then they should not care if it is within a division. The team sending prospects is FAR less likely to want to be destroyed by their former prospect for YEARS than the team selling a player with limited control, even a very good one.
I think your stance has merit... but I would imagine the tax is larger for the team that is making the move that will make them better instantly vs the team that will see results 3-4 years out.

It often costs buyers more than the sellers at the deadline.
True, especially with the new playoff format. Simple Supply and demand.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:04 pm

The Ms aren't trading anything out of there MLB rotation. It's not even worth discussing. There isn't anyone else in baseball that's going to trade an established MLB arm with the quality and years of team control that Woo and Miller have. That being the case there is zero reason why the Ms would have to. They have enough prospects to get any deal done without subtracting from the current roster.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:22 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:04 pm
The Ms aren't trading anything out of there MLB rotation. It's not even worth discussing. There isn't anyone else in baseball that's going to trade an established MLB arm with the quality and years of team control that Woo and Miller have. That being the case there is zero reason why the Ms would have to. They have enough prospects to get any deal done without subtracting from the current roster.
I disagree. I think it's worth discussing. Nobody else in baseball has the depth in starting pitching that the Mariners have. That said, there aren't that many players out there that I'm all that interested in trading a Miller or Woo for. I'm sure the Blue Jays would like to convince us that Vlad Jr. is the answer, but that's a positionally limited bad body right there.

Which brings us back to the rentals like Pete Alonso or Christian Walker, maybe a few other guys.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:43 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:22 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
I disagree. I think it's worth discussing. Nobody else in baseball has the depth in starting pitching that the Mariners have. That said, there aren't that many players out there that I'm all that interested in trading a Miller or Woo for. I'm sure the Blue Jays would like to convince us that Vlad Jr. is the answer, but that's a positionally limited bad body right there.

Which brings us back to the rentals like Pete Alonso or Christian Walker, maybe a few other guys.
A PLBB! lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:44 pm

Pederson would be a perfect LH bat to ying the all the RH yang. France, Locklear, Garver, Haniger.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:52 pm

OT
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:15 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Not to get Tucker.

The Astros are pitching light and probably think they're still in their contention window.

I imagine they'd want a starter to put in the rotation now + players closer to ready.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:42 pm

I like the idea of trading from the Woo/Miller/Hancock group because the 5th starter doesn't even get used in the playoffs.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:18 am

We have more than that. Why would they wanna add a SP to replace an OF they just lost. Wouldn't you think you'd wanna add as many position players as possible, hopefully an OF or 2. We don't know what Houston wants for Tucker, doesn't hurt to ask. I know we'd all like the plethora of 1B available but being that Ty is hitting well now why would you wanna replace him with somebody else, where would you move him to, DH, bench. If Tucker is the best bat you go get him. You don't retool, you just reload. Letting go of 1 SP is not gonna make a difference. Again their not all gonna pan out. See what Houston wants & go from there.