Election quirey (D)

Mel Bradford

Election quirey (D)

Post by Mel Bradford » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:07 pm

Will the Swamp elite :

1) let Biden remain as candidate for re-election ?

2) replace Biden with another candidate before the election ?

a) first probable replacement choice ?

b) second choice ?

c) third ?

gil

Re: Election quirey (D)

Post by gil » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:37 pm

I don't accept your premise that there is an "elite" that can decide who the Democratic candidate is. If there is, I doubt we would be at this point (i.e., Biden the presumptive nominee). If "the elite" didn't want him and actually had the power you assume they do, it would have been much better to get rid of him a year (or more) ago. He is a historically weak candidate in my opinion.

If Biden were to be replaced for any reason other than a health issue (or perhaps wanting to support Hunter B.'s legal problems full time), there would be an uproar among many of the D rank and file. Plus, not one other than mine had a campaign organization in place. A Newsom, a Whitman, a Beshear would be starting from virtually zero with 5 and a half months (and counting down) to the election.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:28 pm

The sitting President hasn't always gotten their parties nomination.

On June 6, 1856, the fifth and final day of the Democratic Party’s national convention in Cincinnati, Ohio, President Franklin Pierce becomes the first elected president of the United States not to be nominated by his party for a second term. Instead, the party chooses James Buchanan, who will go on to win the presidency in November.

Pierce faced serious opposition going into the convention. Challengers included not only Buchanan, a former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania and onetime secretary of state, but also Stephen A. Douglas, a senator from Illinois later to gain fame in the Lincoln-Douglas debates, and Lewis Cass, a senator from Michigan.

As the eventual outcome became increasingly clear, Pierce withdrew his name from consideration before the 15th ballot, throwing his support to Douglas. That proved of little help to Douglas, however, and Buchanan was chosen by a unanimous vote on the 17th ballot.

Pierce had become a divisive figure within his party in large part because of his support for the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854, which repealed the Missouri Compromise of 1820, a law that had effectively halted the spread of slavery in the expanding nation. Douglas, the author of the law, had similarly damaged his political prospects, creating an opening for Buchanan. The Kansas-Nebraska Act is often cited as a major catalyst for the American Civil War, as well as for the rise of Abraham Lincoln and the Republican Party.

Pierce remains the only president who actively sought renomination but was not nominated for another term. Presidents John Tyler, Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson and Chester A. Arthur also failed to win renomination, but they had all been vice presidents who succeeded to the office on the death of the prior president rather than winning it on their own.

OTHERS INCLUDE:

Five incumbent presidents did not get their part’s nomination for the next election:

John Tyler in 1844—He was abandoned by his party over disagreements about the annexation of Texas, and how that would upset the delicate balance between free and slave states.

Millard Fillmore in 1852—He lost support of northern Whigs over his support of the Fugitive Slave Act.

Andrew Johnson in 1868—Well, he was impeached, and northern Democrats hated him, so he didn’t stand a chance.

Chester A Arthur—He made a half-hearted attempt at the nomination, but it became clear he stood no chance, and he was in poor health.

As for accepting that there is an "elite" class or cabal that is leading the charge and calling the shots for our political system..... how can you not at least accept that there is the possibility that there is? There is some pretty weird shit going on at the top.

Take for example Talsi Gabbard, a liberal shit for brains for 8 years. Screaming the party line every time. Now all of a sudden she is against the Democrat party....Pretty weird shit if you ask me. Why the sudden change? When asked, she said that she was required to say what her "handlers" were telling her to say.
-shrug-

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:04 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:07 pm
Will the Swamp elite :

1) let Biden remain as candidate for re-election ?

2) replace Biden with another candidate before the election ?

a) first probable replacement choice ?

b) second choice ?

c) third ?
1- I think they will keep the old fart as a candidate. That isn't saying they won't replace the Vice-President.
2- If they do replace the old fart, I can see Hillary getting a shot. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hillary or Michael Obama was named as the VP.

One thing I know, Biden will not survive the entire term if re-elected. He will either die, or congress and the VP will have him removed under the 25th Amendment.

Weird stuff happening......and all to stay in power.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:21 am

IMHO Gil, entry level Swamp Elite would be Clinton, Obama, Schumer and Pelosi. From there we could go to 'Intelligence' and 'Banking', but no need. But, you are right about pissing off a lot of folk if they pulled the plug on Joe. The replacement would have to be a well known.

Interesting angle WW. Slip in different VP (Clinton or Obama or Whitmer) and let nature takes it course on Old Joe.

Of course, if Biden remains as Candidate, there's another unthinkable way to stop Trump.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:10 pm

They need Biden. No other politician is going to let them blatantly cheat to win like they're going to have to, again.

Skeletor knows he has no legacy left. And that might be the only thing he actually knows anymore.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:37 pm
I don't accept your premise that there is an "elite" that can decide who the Democratic candidate is. If there is, I doubt we would be at this point (i.e., Biden the presumptive nominee). If "the elite" didn't want him and actually had the power you assume they do, it would have been much better to get rid of him a year (or more) ago. He is a historically weak candidate in my opinion.

If Biden were to be replaced for any reason other than a health issue (or perhaps wanting to support Hunter B.'s legal problems full time), there would be an uproar among many of the D rank and file. Plus, not one other than mine had a campaign organization in place. A Newsom, a Whitman, a Beshear would be starting from virtually zero with 5 and a half months (and counting down) to the election.
Check this video out....Your question is answered at 7:40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeNXGMSraYU

And this is an interview with Tulsi Gabbard.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:53 pm

I just saw this on LinkedIn.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-06-21 105250.jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-21 105250.jpg (160.97 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:28 am

I have no idea how Biden will do in the debates...

But it's funny how the narrative from the Trump team is flipping from "he can't string a sentence together!!!" to "drug test the 82 year old!!!" to "well, he destroyed Paul Ryan in the VP debate years ago and will probably do well, we can't underestimate him..."

:lol: :lol:

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:29 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:28 am
I have no idea how Biden will do in the debates...

But it's funny how the narrative from the Trump team is flipping from "he can't string a sentence together!!!" to "drug test the 82 year old!!!" to "well, he destroyed Paul Ryan in the VP debate years ago and will probably do well, we can't underestimate him..."

:lol: :lol:
Kind of like a Nick Saban press conference before Alabama plays McNeese St. for their "power" non league schedule.