France placed on waivers finally

Bil522

Re: France placed on waivers finally

Post by Bil522 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:18 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:01 am
As much as we bash Ty freakin France....he is out of a job tonight.
He was a Mariner and will wish him the best.
This is a "what have you done for me lately" driven league and Ty was sucking it badly.
Too bad driveline didn't have the magic solution.

Bottomline we are better by subtraction. I say good riddance to Polanco and Mitch Haniger. Why stop there?!?!
Hoping this is a prelimanary move in lieu of a new but experienced MLB bat via trade that can really help the club.
If not, oh well then, play the kids.
He’d be a great pickup by a team that’s out of it. Get him out of the shit show mariners offense, and see what he can do. I think they will try to trade Polonco and Haniger to try to save the money they are owed…
Hanigar is untradeble. He is owed $15.5mill next year( player option). So not only does the team have to pick up $6-7mill this year but the 2025 year as well

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:24 am

He's not untradable if they add something else of value to go with him, it's how they traded Whites contract

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:28 am

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:18 am

Hanigar is untradeble. He is owed $15.5mill next year( player option). So not only does the team have to pick up $6-7mill this year but the 2025 year as well
Meanwhile, Robbie Ray is rehabbing and the Giants expect to slot him into the rotation next week.

I like Haniger, but I would much rather have Ray in our rotation right now than 1.5 years of Mitch.

Looks like Dipshit might have lost that trade.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:46 am

Bil522 wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:01 am
As much as we bash Ty freakin France....he is out of a job tonight.
He was a Mariner and will wish him the best.
This is a "what have you done for me lately" driven league and Ty was sucking it badly.
Too bad driveline didn't have the magic solution.

Bottomline we are better by subtraction. I say good riddance to Polanco and Mitch Haniger. Why stop there?!?!
Hoping this is a prelimanary move in lieu of a new but experienced MLB bat via trade that can really help the club.
If not, oh well then, play the kids.
He’d be a great pickup by a team that’s out of it. Get him out of the shit show mariners offense, and see what he can do. I think they will try to trade Polonco and Haniger to try to save the money they are owed…
I could see them packaging him in a trade for someone, and throwing 75 % of the salary along with him
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:50 am

Big_Maple wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:28 am
Bil522 wrote:

Meanwhile, Robbie Ray is rehabbing and the Giants expect to slot him into the rotation next week.

I like Haniger, but I would much rather have Ray in our rotation right now than 1.5 years of Mitch.

Looks like Dipshit might have lost that trade.
The trade was fully about saving the final year of Rays contract. Sure, Ray is the better player, but they aren’t hurting for starting pitching, and Ray was due what, 30-40 million more? Ideally mariners would use that 30-40 million toward a hitter, I guess we got Garver and Polonco…
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:09 am

Ty was looking like another Edgar back in '21 then some asshole on the Angels purposely ran into him when he was reaching for an errant throw at 1st base and jacked up his arm or shoulder and he was never the same after that.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:29 am

I was a huge, huge fan of Ty... but he seemed to sort of lose some fire over the years. Dude's job is on the line and he's 0-4 giggling and laughing with just about anyone he can at 1B.

I get wanting fun guys to be around, but I also want guys who wanna kick the other team's teeth in.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 am

This doesn't make any sense to me. France certainly isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination but he is far from the worst on the team. He is 4th in batting average, 3rd in OBP and 6th in OPS. Locklear didn't do any better when he was up here so why do you want to cut bait and go all in on an unproven rookie who really has never even been a very highly rated prospect?

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:16 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:13 am
This doesn't make any sense to me. France certainly isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination but he is far from the worst on the team. He is 4th in batting average, 3rd in OBP and 6th in OPS. Locklear didn't do any better when he was up here so why do you want to cut bait and go all in on an unproven rookie who really has never even been a very highly rated prospect?
Maybe they're making a deal for a first baseman?
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:33 am

Now i remember; it was Sheldon Neuse of the Athletics who fucked up Ty's arm.