12/8/19 Hawks vs Lambs and Jared Goof game thread

ThePro

Re: 12/8/19 Hawks vs Lambs and Jared Goof game thread

Post by ThePro » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:55 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:25 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm
They still control their own destiny for the division, but need help for the #1 seed. I haven’t completely lost faith, but I sure am sick to death of us making the Lambs look like world beaters every year.
That's five games in a row where their offense has had their way with our defense, and it really seemed like the Hawk coaching staff didn't see it coming. That early drive where they ran three times into the line and then punted just wasn't very smart. With the defense we have this year you have to fight fire with fire against those guys. Granted, their pass rush is a lot better but downfield Russell Wilson > downfield Jared Goof.

And almost no blitzing either. Yeah, you risk big plays downfield but you've got to get in Goof's face. The one time they laid a hit on him we got seven points.
I usually don't go here but they got outplayed and outcoached. The D kept getting caught off guard with the no huddle and they bit out of their minds on the play action.

Wilson played like dogshit too. That's three games where they put a spy on him . We should be past this . How ridiculous would a Defense look if they put a spy on Brees? Or Brady? Wilson is close to that level. He needs to hit his checkdowns and they will stop.

And another thing ..Inexplicably sometimes he picks the most mediocre receiver on the team and tries to force the ball to them. It was Kearse and now its Malik Turner and Moore.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Someone posted in here that he was on the sidelines in a parka, and the rumor is he may have had the flu. Who knows?

I agree with the target share...the top targets should be Lockett, Metcalf and Gordon...and it shouldn’t even be a debate.

I find it hilarious that some think Gordon needs to be worked into the offense, yet the TE they added from the practice squad was ready immediately. Very strange. I remember hearing this crap about Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin, but I guess not mediocre guys?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Someone posted in here that he was on the sidelines in a parka, and the rumor is he may have had the flu. Who knows?

I agree with the target share...the top targets should be Lockett, Metcalf and Gordon...and it shouldn’t even be a debate.

I find it hilarious that some think Gordon needs to be worked into the offense, yet the TE they added from the practice squad was ready immediately. Very strange. I remember hearing this crap about Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin, but I guess not mediocre guys?
Who was in a parka?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:04 am

Michael K. wrote:

but that is the point of the practice squad isn't it?...
Last edited by Donn Beach on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:06 am

ThePro wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Who was in a parka?
RW
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:07 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:04 am
Michael K. wrote:

but that is the point of the practice squad isn't it?...They get to practice along with the team
But you would assume that a guy that couldn't even make the roster would be a little slower to integrate than a former pro bowler.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:12 am

why?...he is there practicing...the point of the practice squad is to have players ready that are familiar with the system, maybe Gordon is slow but it doesn't surprise me the TE isn't

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:12 am
why?...he is there practicing...the point of the practice squad is to have players ready that are familiar with the system
Well I could practice every single second of every single practice with the team as a WR but I might have some trouble getting open.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 am

Gordon has six catches in his four games with the Seahawks, including two for 34 yards on Sunday, but while his numbers don’t reflect it yet, it appears he is getting more comfortable in the offense and the Seahawks are getting more comfortable using him, so yes, there is a good chance he plays a larger role going forward. For example, while Gordon had just two catches last weekend, he saw his playing time increase substantially from the first three games in which he played roughly a third of the snaps. In L.A., Gordon played 55 percent of the offensive snaps, third among receivers behind Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. Over time, more playing time will lead to more targets, and as Carroll noted Monday on 710 ESPN Seattle, there were a few opportunities to get Gordon the ball that didn’t work out.

“We missed him a couple of opportunities too when he ran great routes and things we were looking for, and we just didn’t get the ball out to him,” Carroll said. “He’s a good football player, and he’s going to be a good help down the road over the long haul.”

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:49 am

That was Jimmy's problem then? The practice squad guys were getting all the reps with the first unit!?