D-train

Re: D-Trains Annual NFL Pick em pool

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:04 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:37 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:15 am
The Eagles fly on Friday!!!!!
I put way too many on Philly, and actually thought I took Green Bay, so I don't know WHAT I was doing. LOL
You need to drink more before making your picks!!!
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:33 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:15 am
The Eagles fly on Friday!!!!!
Only one of our folks didn't pick the Eagles.

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:47 pm

Guilty- Thought GB had gained some momentum following last years whopping of the Cowboys in the playoff's and needed to get at least one dog on the books- Oh well - lol- That was a good game but sorry Peacock broadcast, field and crowd not really into the event.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:24 pm

Nwadventure wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:47 pm
Guilty- Thought GB had gained some momentum following last years whopping of the Cowboys in the playoff's and needed to get at least one dog on the books- Oh well - lol- That was a good game but sorry Peacock broadcast, field and crowd not really into the event.
Peacock is shit. I hate streaming services for NFL games. I like to record them and zip through the commercials to catch up live by the end of the game. I can't do that with a stream.

It's just bullshit.

That's all I got.

Cheers :x

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:59 pm

maoling wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:24 pm
Nwadventure wrote:
Peacock is shit. I hate streaming services for NFL games. I like to record them and zip through the commercials to catch up live by the end of the game. I can't do that with a stream.

It's just bullshit.

That's all I got.

You/Tube/TV - Awesome interface - We blast thru all commercials and even quad box @ times. Highly recommend -

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:55 am
We still have 3 contestants that are unaware of confidence points.

Chad
Phil
Hannah Banana.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 5.51.25 PM.png
Need confidence points for dummies - Thx

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:53 pm

The mechanics of the website are retarded. It looks just like the app now, but instead of being able to drag one of the games by holding your finger on the small button that shows the confidence points, you have to select it (the same way by holding your finger on the button) then remove your finger in order to scroll the page up or down and the selected game will remain in the center of the screen so you try to position it over the game that currently has the points that you want to assign to it. Then you tap somewhere on the screen (not over one of the other games or you might accidentally change your pick to win that game) and it will drop the selected game in that spot and move the others up or down one spot. The problem is, at least half the time when you finish scrolling the page in order to position your pick the game you selected returns to its initial position and you have to start the process over. In fact, i had no success moving the selected game more than 3 spots at a time because there seems to be a timer that gives you about 5 seconds to position it where you want it and tap somewhere on the screen or it resets. Also, i usually have to make two or three attempts of holding my finger on the button before it recognizes the selection and, when it does, there is no indication of it such as the text or border on the button being highlighted. Unless my phone is totally fucked up it seems to me that they could have done a better job with that. The app is a lot better now though.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:57 pm

Nwadventure wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:59 pm
maoling wrote:
Nwadventure wrote:

It's just bullshit.

That's all I got.

You/Tube/TV - Awesome interface - We blast thru all commercials and even quad box @ times. Highly recommend -
Which games can you watch on youtube? Can you choose?

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:35 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:57 pm
Nwadventure wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:59 pm
maoling wrote:

It's just bullshit.

That's all I got.

Which games can you watch on youtube? Can you choose?
Without the Sunday Ticket add on- You get what the NFL chooses for the market you are in- You can travel with YTTV which is great- They do identify location though. 506 puts out a legit coverage map -

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=1

Quad Box is legit-
Quad.jpg

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:52 pm

Why did such large majorities of Pick'em players think the Bears, Bengals and Dolphins were hot commodities? They all look like sheet so far.