Thread Thief Strikes Again! 9/18 GT

Hy Feiber

Re: Thread Thief Strikes Again! 9/18 GT

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:02 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:50 am
That could be the worst play I've ever seen in a baseball game.

And I was at the game last night watching Robles try to steal home on a 3-0 count with the bases loaded.
He’s had such a great record stealing bases that he got too cocky.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:04 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:56 am
And that right there folks is the problem with all the giggling...

Julio dodges the bat and wants to have a big ole' laugh with Manny Acta... then that happens.

He needs to get serious. Stop with the little kid shit.
100%!! Get your fucking head in the damn game! Make it look like you actually care about winning!

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain he does give a shit, based on his antics.

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:07 am

XpertDBA wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:51 am
That was MARINER-ESQUE, it's not even funny. You couldn't dream this shit up.
I knew for a fact Julio would make a stupid out like that just wrong on how it was done. It's his motto this year stupid mistakes with game on the line. I understand he was getting out of the way but still just stay right there and move a Lil. No need to walk away entirely.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:18 am

Hy Feiber wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:02 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

And I was at the game last night watching Robles try to steal home on a 3-0 count with the bases loaded.
But here's the difference and it's significant.

Yes it wasn't a smart decision given the scenario, but he saw the pitcher with his back turned and not paying attention to him. He thought he saw an opportunity and took it.

It obviously didn't work out, but he was doing everything within his power to help his team win. He's been the igniter for the entire team for some time now, and he shows more heart and desire than the rest of the team combined.

Julio just wants to look good, and put up personal stats, although he's failing at that. If he had half the desire Robles does, he'd be one of the biggest stars in the game.

I think this organization coddles Julio too much. They wanted him to be the next Griffey, but he couldn't hold Griffey's jock strap. He needs to be held to the fire just like anyone else would.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:37 am

You know, you think you've seen everything there is to see in this game, and then the last two nights we've seen things that have likely never before happened in the history of Major League Baseball.

Unless maybe in 1874, some guy named Candy threw the bat and hit his teammate named Peanuts and knocked him out cold, that's really about the only other possibility.

I mean, SERIOUSLY. Arozarena not only strikes out in a situation where he absolutely can't do that, but he throws the bat and Julio does about the stupidest thing we've ever seen on a ballfield.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:12 am

I'm not sure if Baseball IQ can be taught at the MLB level.

But I sure wish they'd try.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:55 am

TraderGary wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:18 am
Hy Feiber wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:02 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

But here's the difference and it's significant.

Yes it wasn't a smart decision given the scenario, but he saw the pitcher with his back turned and not paying attention to him. He thought he saw an opportunity and took it.

It obviously didn't work out, but he was doing everything within his power to help his team win. He's been the igniter for the entire team for some time now, and he shows more heart and desire than the rest of the team combined.

Julio just wants to look good, and put up personal stats, although he's failing at that. If he had half the desire Robles does, he'd be one of the biggest stars in the game.

I think this organization coddles Julio too much. They wanted him to be the next Griffey, but he couldn't hold Griffey's jock strap. He needs to be held to the fire just like anyone else would.
I agree with most of this. Robles saw the situation and may have been influenced by his injury and thought this is my chance to contribute. the pitcher made a great throw with no momentum toward the plate and gave a nearly perfect throw.
Robles Dove directly at the plate but if he slides 4 feet further back and just slides his had at the bag he makes it.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:13 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:

Julio dodges the bat and wants to have a big ole' laugh with Manny Acta... then that happens.

Shoot, were I a mere 23 years old and had $100 million coming my way for just playing baseball, I’d be giggling too.

Giddy!!!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:20 pm

Even Manny couldn't believe it.....
Screenshot 2024-09-19 8.20.52 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-19 8.20.52 AM.png (368.77 KiB) Viewed 42 times
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:47 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:13 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Shoot, were I a mere 23 years old and had $100 million coming my way for just playing baseball, I’d be giggling too.

Giddy!!!!
Multiple things pissed me off watching the M's this week:

1. Jonah Heim gets in Randy's grill after he celebrates his 20/20 homer and they then drill Randy in his next AB. Randy sits there trying to play peace maker and tells everyone to stop... first off, why? Fuck the Rangers. Second, no retribution?

2. Victor Robles gets nailed on the hand in the first AB of this series. The M's can't afford that in the slightest. He fucking runs out and gives Gil a god damn hug? In a series that will define your season? And the M's don't retaliate at all? Imagine the M's had taken Judge out for an extended time... just imagine... there'd be multiple M's getting thrown at and 0 fucking hugs exchanged.

3. Victor and Julio's base running blunders coupled with Randy throwing the fucking bat down the 3B line to basically end our season. The 3 stooges in action.