Clinched playoffs, the Yankee way. Doomsday M's GT 9.19.24

TraderGary

Re: Clinched playoffs, the Yankee way. Doomsday M's GT 9.19.24

Post by TraderGary » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:06 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:47 pm
TraderGary wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:38 pm

Spot on Rocky. Except for your comment that he will grow out of it. I'm not as confident about that as you are. He is who he is. Some guys just never grow up. We'll see. I hope you're right.
Always give a little more credit to people or just hope that they can learn from their errors. Well, maybe except Kelenic :lol:

If he played for the Yankees they would make him learn. He is the "superstar" of this team so we don't make him. Isn't that on the manager and coaches rather than Julio himself? They should not tolerate the times he fucks up - they let him off the hook hoping he polices himself.
It's on the manager and coaches yes, but the player has to want it too. It starts with him. I just don't know that he has it in him. I agree that they let him off the hook way too much and don't hold him accountable. (That's been an ongoing issue with this team for a long time). I posted in last night's game thread that they coddle him way too much because they want him to be the anointed one. No accountability whatsoever.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:11 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:51 pm
rockycola wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:48 pm
seth8734 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:40 pm
TT and Snider do thier job now time for Munoz! TT is doing a fantastic job in this chase.

My bad that was Thornton. Must be saving Snider for extras if needed.
TT replaced TT.
So Take That! And Get Ready For It:
~
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click
Aw, our national treasures. :lol: :lol:
Wondering if you'd "Shine" to my post :D
Today's victory "Let In The Sun", so tomorrow it's a "New Day"!
Mariners can still be "Giants". Keep winning for the "Greatest Day" of our lives.
~
In some circles, it's said that Take That has exceeded The Beatles in popularity and success.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 pm

rockycola wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:11 pm
mostonmike wrote:
rockycola wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:48 pm

TT replaced TT.
So Take That! And Get Ready For It:
~
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click
Mariners can still be "Giants". Keep winning for the "Greatest Day" of our lives.
~
In some circles, it's said that Take That has exceeded The Beatles in popularity and success.
That's blasphemy. I'm an old geezer and I grew up with the Beatles. No one will ever have the impact those 4 lads from Liverpool did, not just musically, but culturally as well. And their musical impact is felt even today, 60 years later.

Unless you're old like me and experienced their impact at the time, it's very difficult to put into words.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:38 pm

Ohtani 6 for 6 with 3 HRs and 10 RBI today. But at least we have Julioooooooooooooooooooooo.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:41 pm

TraderGary wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 pm
rockycola wrote:
mostonmike wrote:

~
That's blasphemy. I'm an old geezer and I grew up with the Beatles. No one will ever have the impact those 4 lads from Liverpool did, not just musically, but culturally as well. And their musical impact is felt even today, 60 years later.

Unless you're old like me and experienced their impact at the time, it's very difficult to put into words.
TG, I'm six dozen. Totally agree wholeheartedly and experienced the Beatles impact and all of the amazing '60's and '70's offered.
Yet...........I can no longer go to the turntable and put the stylus down on my Beatles or Led Zeppelin and hundreds of other albums. I try and my ears say that 55 years of the same wonderful, imaginative, creative and innovative songs and music bores the shit out of me.
But, I constantly go down the You tube rabbit hole and find new music in the rock, progressive and even metal genres that renew my soul and give me eargasms. Call it blasphemy if you will. The '60's & 70's blessed our ears and minds in ways never forgotten nor regretted.

My ears are young and seek new musical horizons.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:46 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:38 pm
Ohtani 6 for 6 with 3 HRs and 10 RBI today. But at least we have Julioooooooooooooooooooooo.
Holy Ohtani! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!
Dodgers 20-4 over the Marlins.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 am

rockycola wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:41 pm
TraderGary wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 pm
rockycola wrote:

~

TG, I'm six dozen. Totally agree wholeheartedly and experienced the Beatles impact and all of the amazing '60's and '70's offered.
Yet...........I can no longer go to the turntable and put the stylus down on my Beatles or Led Zeppelin and hundreds of other albums. I try and my ears say that 55 years of the same wonderful, imaginative, creative and innovative songs and music bores the shit out of me.
But, I constantly go down the You tube rabbit hole and find new music in the rock, progressive and even metal genres that renew my soul and give me eargasms. Call it blasphemy if you will. The '60's & 70's blessed our ears and minds in ways never forgotten nor regretted.

My ears are young and seek new musical horizons.
Six dozen. I like it lol. I'll be "six dozen" next year so I'm not far behind you.

I understand and appreciate how people's musical tastes change. But for me personally, today's music just doesn't compare. I have a Beatles radio app on my phone, and invariably when I'm out for a walk or doing chores around the house, I usually have my Airpods in with Beatles music blasting through them.

Of course I have many other musical tastes as well, but their music gives me the energy and pick me up I'm looking for at the time.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:42 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:38 pm
Wow! He's just at a different level than virtually anyone else. Is he human?