60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Do you support the Press intentionally misrepresenting the facts of the news?

No - it's never right - we deserve the truth.
33%
Yes - I enjoy being lied to in general.
67%
Yes - but only when it benefits my side.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Seattle or Bust

Re: 60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:34 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:48 pm
Seattle or Bust says:

"4. My life economically wasn't any better under Trump than it has been with Harris/Biden. I'm not 50+ years old and sitting on a nest egg of investments and real estate that I want to protect from being taxed. I suspect that is a major benefit for the lot of you to vote for Trump... given the age you are the wealth you've likely acquired. The only ticket thus far that has ever aimed to help me in my lifetime was Harris/Biden and that came with them working to get part of my student loans covered. That would be real financial impact for my life. Not saving $3,000 on my tax returns for a few years, then having those tax cuts expire, while tax cuts for corporations continue. I didn't see a big salary boost under Trump. My rent was more or less the same under Trump. I really don't care about spending $40-80 more in gas/groceries and wouldn't trade that for the issues I raised above. Trump has offered exactly ZERO to my generation both while being President and campaigning for another candidacy. Instead, he's vilified my generation... calling us lazy and entitled... offering no help other than "a beautiful economy." Hollow words while boomers take 3-month long retirement vacations to Hawaii every year and own 5 homes."

This is the single most telling paragraph from a liberal you can ever imagine.

He first says "The only ticket thus far that has ever aimed to help me in my lifetime was Harris/Biden and that came with them working to get part of my student loans covered." Then goes on to say "Instead, he's vilified my generation... calling us lazy and entitled... offering no help" Hey dude, YOU AND YOU alone took out your loan for an education. If YOU took out the loan, YOU should be an adult, take responsibility and PAY IT. Not doing so and expecting everyone else to pay for your decisions is called BEING LAZY and ENTITLED. Do you see how fucking hypocritical that way of thinking is????? My god.
The bulk of economic policies over the past 40 years have been tailored to make boomers rich, punting debt and weakened buying power to future generations.

Boomers are the most entitled generation of all time. The bulk of boomers are poorly educated people who lucked into jobs created by major advancements in tech that they still don't understand.

College was more or less free for boomers. Even so, you didn't need a college degree to be successful. A family of 2x non-college educated people making entry level salaries could afford a 3,000 square foot home in a nice area easily in the early 90's. Those homes appreciated in the millions over 30 years. They created a housing crisis in the late 00's and were bailed out, purchased all the foreclosed homes, and sold them to tech immigrants for millions or now hold them hostage as rental nest eggs to pay for their lavish retirements. This practice has skyrocketed the cost of rent and severely weakened the buying power for younger Americans in one of the few avenues that actually allows people to build wealth.

So please, save me the virtue signaling.

I'm also not the one struggling here. It's white, non-college educated males who aren't competitive in the job market b/c again... boomers jacked up the price of college education and made it a requirement that you have a degree to get a livable job. These young men can't afford homes, can't afford to support a family, and feel like they can't measure up to the pressures society has put on them to provide.

I stand by what I said. Republican economic policy offers me nothing. Not a thing. I'm not going to vote for a party that spits at me... why tf would I?

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:47 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:44 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Seattle or Bust says:

"4. My life economically wasn't any better under Trump than it has been with Harris/Biden. I'm not 50+ years old and sitting on a nest egg of investments and real estate that I want to protect from being taxed. I suspect that is a major benefit for the lot of you to vote for Trump... given the age you are the wealth you've likely acquired. The only ticket thus far that has ever aimed to help me in my lifetime was Harris/Biden and that came with them working to get part of my student loans covered. That would be real financial impact for my life. Not saving $3,000 on my tax returns for a few years, then having those tax cuts expire, while tax cuts for corporations continue. I didn't see a big salary boost under Trump. My rent was more or less the same under Trump. I really don't care about spending $40-80 more in gas/groceries and wouldn't trade that for the issues I raised above. Trump has offered exactly ZERO to my generation both while being President and campaigning for another candidacy. Instead, he's vilified my generation... calling us lazy and entitled... offering no help other than "a beautiful economy." Hollow words while boomers take 3-month long retirement vacations to Hawaii every year and own 5 homes."

He first says "The only ticket thus far that has ever aimed to help me in my lifetime was Harris/Biden and that came with them working to get part of my student loans covered." Then goes on to say "Instead, he's vilified my generation... calling us lazy and entitled... offering no help" Hey dude, YOU AND YOU alone took out your loan for an education. If YOU took out the loan, YOU should be an adult, take responsibility and PAY IT. Not doing so and expecting everyone else to pay for your decisions is called BEING LAZY and ENTITLED. Do you see how fucking hypocritical that way of thinking is????? My god.
I don't read his posts any longer because.....well everyone knows. But I do find it interesting that he is voting because of what he "MAY GET" from them. What a fucking selfish look at life. Why can't he earn it like the rest of us.

He claims to have a "sitting on a nest egg of investments and real estate that I want to protect from being taxed", but doesn't want to pay off his student loans that HE USED. He believes that it's someone else's problem. What a fucking selfish look at life. Why can't he do what's right and pay them off like the rest of us did?

I do apologize if SOB identifies as something other than a "he". But for this post, the identity of "he" works.

What a fucking selfish piece of shit.
Like I care. You have the IQ of a tea spoon.

It shines through in your 1-sentence attempts at sport takes that provide nothing. Just another old moron who hates things Republicans tell him to be scared of but have 0 impact on his life: Muslims, Mexicans, Gays, Trans people... funny how your opinions never waver from the status quo.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:15 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:47 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Seattle or Bust says:

I don't read his posts any longer because.....well everyone knows. But I do find it interesting that he is voting because of what he "MAY GET" from them. What a fucking selfish look at life. Why can't he earn it like the rest of us.

He claims to have a "sitting on a nest egg of investments and real estate that I want to protect from being taxed", but doesn't want to pay off his student loans that HE USED. He believes that it's someone else's problem. What a fucking selfish look at life. Why can't he do what's right and pay them off like the rest of us did?

I do apologize if SOB identifies as something other than a "he". But for this post, the identity of "he" works.

It shines through in your 1-sentence attempts at sport takes that provide nothing. Just another old moron who hates things Republicans tell him to be scared of but have 0 impact on his life: Muslims, Mexicans, Gays, Trans people... funny how your opinions never waver from the status quo.

I don't think anyone is afraid of Trans people. Just scared of what they're trying to teach children that don't know any better. The only Muslims or Mexicans I'm afraid of are the millions of illegal ones, some of which are terrorizing my neighborhood in Aurora Colorado. I don't think there's a single person afraid of a gay person.

I guess the main point of the original post is ---- Quit your whining about what other people have done, or the amount of money they've made. PAY OFF YOUR OWN FUCKING STUDENT LOAN, like the millions of RESPONSIBLE adults before you

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:21 pm

Seattle or Bust says "The bulk of boomers are poorly educated people who lucked into jobs created by major advancements in tech that they still don't understand."

Wow, would love for you to come up with a single shred of evidence that the majority of boomers in tech don't understand their jobs. I've worked in the database administration field for 40 years. Care to quiz me? Sounds to me like someone is jealous that educated boomers actually earned a good living in fields that actually contributed to the advancement of society. Your responses continue to smack of desperation as you roundly and routinely get thumped.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:32 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:21 pm
Seattle or Bust says "The bulk of boomers are poorly educated people who lucked into jobs created by major advancements in tech that they still don't understand."

Wow, would love for you to come up with a single shred of evidence that the majority of boomers in tech don't understand their jobs. I've worked in the database administration field for 40 years. Care to quiz me? Sounds to me like someone is jealous that educated boomers actually earned a good living in fields that actually contributed to the advancement of society. Your responses continue to smack of desperation as you roundly and routinely get thumped.
I bet you would get absolutely cooked by any 22 year old with a tech degree coming out of college within the first 5 years of that person's employment.

I have family members that need to call their kids to ask how to "Google" something and they own online businesses.

You benefited from easy access to jobs that you more or less lucked into. Do you have a degree? If so, how much did your degree cost? How much was your first home? What % of your income went into paying for your first home?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:50 pm

Great podcast on "Flagarant"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry1IjOft95c

It's a long listen, but this is the Trump that everyone likes.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:52 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:15 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:47 pm

I don't think anyone is afraid of Trans people. Just scared of what they're trying to teach children that don't know any better. The only Muslims or Mexicans I'm afraid of are the millions of illegal ones, some of which are terrorizing my neighborhood in Aurora Colorado. I don't think there's a single person afraid of a gay person.

I guess the main point of the original post is ---- Quit your whining about what other people have done, or the amount of money they've made. PAY OFF YOUR OWN FUCKING STUDENT LOAN, like the millions of RESPONSIBLE adults before you
Thank you for saying that.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:32 pm
XpertDBA wrote:

I bet you would get absolutely cooked by any 22 year old with a tech degree coming out of college within the first 5 years of that person's employment.

I have family members that need to call their kids to ask how to "Google" something and they own online businesses.

You benefited from easy access to jobs that you more or less lucked into. Do you have a degree? If so, how much did your degree cost? How much was your first home? What % of your income went into paying for your first home?
How much money would you like to put up? I've interviewed hundreds (if not thousands) of college grads over my career. Can I can tell you one thing. College graduates over the last 10 years are a complete joke. You do realize that most every computer application ever written interfaces with a database? Do you know how many CIS or computer degrees require more than 1 class on database administration? It's rare if a college grad has ever taken more than 1 college class that deals with database administration, so you'd lose your bet without me even having to prove anything further.

The family members you refer to must be complete morons, but hey, the apples don't fall too far from the trees, huh?

And no, I didn't access my first job easily. I went 2 years to the University of Washington, realized that their affirmative action program was unfair, where 90% of the students that were chosen to get into the 'school' of Computer Science were of an Asian ethnic background. I transferred to a specialized technical college in Arizona. The school was so effective, that major companies were breaking down the door to employ our graduates, because we actually learned real world skills that companies needed for us to know right out of the gate, and they recruited off campus. I don't think it was lucky I excelled at college, but I guess I will leave that up to you. My degree is a Bachelor's Degree in C.I.S. and I paid $20,000 for it back in 1986, which was a pretty large sum of money back then. I paid every penny of my loan over 20 years. My first home was $125,000 in 1995, and I'd say 60% of my income (at first) went into my mortgage, but obviously that went down over the years. Not sure what any of this proves, other than my life wasn't luck. I earned everything I have now and am proud of my career.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:08 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:55 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
XpertDBA wrote:

How much money would you like to put up? I've interviewed hundreds (if not thousands) of college grads over my career. Can I can tell you one thing. College graduates over the last 10 years are a complete joke. You do realize that most every computer application ever written interfaces with a database? Do you know how many CIS or computer degrees require more than 1 class on database administration? It's rare if a college grad has ever taken more than 1 college class that deals with database administration, so you'd lose your bet without me even having to prove anything further.

The family members you refer to must be complete morons, but hey, the apples don't fall too far from the trees, huh?

And no, I didn't access my first job easily. I went 2 years to the University of Washington, realized that their affirmative action program was unfair, where 90% of the students that were chosen to get into the 'school' of Computer Science were of an Asian ethnic background. I transferred to a specialized technical college in Arizona. The school was so effective, that major companies were breaking down the door to employ our graduates, because we actually learned real world skills that companies needed for us to know right out of the gate, and they recruited off campus. I don't think it was lucky I excelled at college, but I guess I will leave that up to you. My degree is a Bachelor's Degree in C.I.S. and I paid $20,000 for it back in 1986, which was a pretty large sum of money back then. I paid every penny of my loan over 20 years. My first home was $125,000 in 1995, and I'd say 60% of my income (at first) went into my mortgage, but obviously that went down over the years. Not sure what any of this proves, other than my life wasn't luck. I earned everything I have now and am proud of my career.
You should be proud of your career.

It sounds so much like my path of travel.....earning it all.
AND I DON'T LIKE TO SHARE WITH LITTLE SHITHEADS LIKE SOB OR ANY OTHER COLLEGE HACK THAT BELIEVES THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN ANYTHING IN LIFE THAT THE RESPONSIBLE HAVE EARNED.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:13 pm

Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:08 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:55 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

You should be proud of your career.

It sounds so much like my path of travel.....earning it all.
AND I DON'T LIKE TO SHARE WITH LITTLE SHITHEADS LIKE SOB OR ANY OTHER COLLEGE HACK THAT BELIEVES THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN ANYTHING IN LIFE THAT THE RESPONSIBLE HAVE EARNED.
Yeah, thanks Walla.

I grew up on my stepfather's farm in Ferndale, Washington. Worked from the time I was 10 years old, driving tractor, moving hay bales, delivering hay up to the Arabian horse farmers around Surrey and Vancouver B.C. Earned $5 an hour from my stepfather and earned enough to be a German exchange student when I was 15, and also bought my own first car with my own money. Paid for every nickel of my college degree as well. So to say my life has been easy and lucky is complete bullshit, because my father lost money on the farm almost every year, and we didn't really have jack squat. Luckily we had a few 'good' years mixed in, but it was pretty rough.

What I'd really like to know, who hurt SOB so bad that he has to shit on everyone that's made a good respectable living? He sounds like a very small, incredibly narrow minded individual who has a lot of hate to spew. Hopefully he gets some help. He might be great at analyzing sports data and statistics, but he sure blows at real life.