tehmc's Offseason Plan

tehmc

Re: tehmc's Offseason Plan

Post by tehmc » Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:50 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:05 pm
Santander is going to demand somewhere in the $20 million range.

Dipoto said the payroll would go up but I doubt they're going to add $20 million in one player unless they swap out bad money elsewhere.

I'm also just not sure about signing 30 year olds who struggle with contact. It was his best year power wise for sure, but his worst year with .235/.308 avg/OBP splits. To me he just screams 2021 Mitch Haniger. Once the power diminished, he had nothing.

If Polanco wants to come back on a prove-it deal... sure. But he won't do that in Seattle. I bet he hated his time here. No way the M's pick up that expensive of an option.

I also don't really get trading Miller for Westburg. Is Westburg good? Yes. Elite ceiling like Miller has? No.

Appreciate the thought out and organized post though. Took some effort and that's always a great thing on this message board.
Good points on Santander. Rooker is better and 5% of the salary. Far more likely they go that route.
I would also prefer Rooker, he's put up the numbers he has on a bad team so he would feel right at home but I feel like they would want more than what the Baseball Trade Values trade simulator has him valued at.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:01 pm
The fact that an injury prone player just had surgery increases the appetite to bring him back is beyond ironic....

Thanks for the plan. Just need to find a healthy productive 2B or just go with Bliss....
I’d like to think that Bliss under Gar’s tutelage really could blossom.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:46 am

tehmc wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:50 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:05 pm
Santander is going to demand somewhere in the $20 million range.

Dipoto said the payroll would go up but I doubt they're going to add $20 million in one player unless they swap out bad money elsewhere.

I'm also just not sure about signing 30 year olds who struggle with contact. It was his best year power wise for sure, but his worst year with .235/.308 avg/OBP splits. To me he just screams 2021 Mitch Haniger. Once the power diminished, he had nothing.

If Polanco wants to come back on a prove-it deal... sure. But he won't do that in Seattle. I bet he hated his time here. No way the M's pick up that expensive of an option.

I also don't really get trading Miller for Westburg. Is Westburg good? Yes. Elite ceiling like Miller has? No.

Appreciate the thought out and organized post though. Took some effort and that's always a great thing on this message board.
Good points on Santander. Rooker is better and 5% of the salary. Far more likely they go that route.
I would also prefer Rooker, he's put up the numbers he has on a bad team so he would feel right at home but I feel like they would want more than what the Baseball Trade Values trade simulator has him valued at.
Yes agree and we should still do it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:47 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:01 pm
The fact that an injury prone player just had surgery increases the appetite to bring him back is beyond ironic....

Thanks for the plan. Just need to find a healthy productive 2B or just go with Bliss....
I’d like to think that Bliss under Gar’s tutelage really could blossom.
Yes he has the things you can't teach. Speed, Quickness defensively and Power. Edgar can teach him contact skills and approach.
dt