Re: The POTUS election betting markets

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2024 5:30 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:51 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:51 am
Get the impression betting markets are kinda volatile
Volatile or reactive?

I'm not sure what they are. Probably just more Trump voters that are gamblers.

I'd trust the betting markets over polls personally, at least it's people putting their money where their mouths are. Guess we'll see which ends up being more accurate when we're looking back.

$2 billion has been bet on this on polymarket. Would take quite the war chest to try and swing the market.

It's almost worth a bet on Kamala at this point..
Wow, I wonder if the recent spike/dip is due to the Fox News interview.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:02 pm

bpj wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Volatile or reactive?

I'd trust the betting markets over polls personally, at least it's people putting their money where their mouths are. Guess we'll see which ends up being more accurate when we're looking back.

$2 billion has been bet on this on polymarket. Would take quite the war chest to try and swing the market.

If I bet on her it would virtually guarantee that Trump wins so maybe I should....
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 5:30 pm
bpj wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Volatile or reactive?

Four people placed bets that totaled $25 million on Trump in the last few days. It heavily skewed the betting odds because it's a relatively small pool of people who place bets in these circles.

It has very little to do with a Fox News interview that conservatives are hyping up as some disaster piece that it's not.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:27 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:15 pm
D-train wrote:
bpj wrote:

Volatile or reactive?

Four people placed bets that totaled $25 million on Trump in the last few days. It heavily skewed the betting odds because it's a relatively small pool of people who place bets in these circles.

It has very little to do with a Fox News interview that conservatives are hyping up as some disaster piece that it's not.
Brett Baier to Harris: "So how many illegal immigrants passed over the border while you were Vice President"? (Crickets)....yeah, was a great interview. Lol......

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:44 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:27 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
D-train wrote:

Brett Baier to Harris: "So how many illegal immigrants passed over the border while you were Vice President"? (Crickets)....yeah, was a great interview. Lol......
And I could pull up a billion clips of Trump being a total moron.

Go watch his recent interview with Bloomberg. The interviewer had to get him back on topic over and over and Trump asked him if he'd "heard of the weave?"

But please, gaslight more clown.

"Trump and Bloomberg News’ John Micklethwait clashed on numerous issues during a testy interview at the Economic Club of Chicago on Tuesday. Trump repeatedly insisted that he was doing the “weave” while being called out for his rambling answers by Micklethwait."

At one point, Trump starts talking about a potential “World War III” while answering a question on tariffs. While he kept switching between topics, Trump explained that he was doing the “weave.”

“I inherited that war. There were no wars. And, by the way, by the way, and I think it’s very important to go, you know, I call it the weave. You can call it kind of, you have the weave, as long as you end up in the right location at the end. But while we’re talking about it, we have never been so close to World War III as we are right now with what’s going on in Ukraine and Russia in the Middle East," Trump said at one point.

“With great respect, I was asking about tariffs. You’ve gone off of that," Micklethwait said.

Trump also pivoted from answering a question about currency to discussing French President Emmanuel Macron. He acknowledged that he switched subjects, again describing it as the “weave.”

“If I can finish, I’ll go longer if you want ... You got to be able to finish a thought, because it’s very important. You know, this is big stuff we’re talking about. You can’t go that quickly," Trump said.

“You’ve gone from the dollar to Macron," Micklethwait noted.

“No, I’m just telling you basic.... it’s called the weave. It’s all these different things happening," Trump said.

Yeah... genius.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:43 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
D-train wrote:

I don't think she answered a single question.

My favorite one was when she was [basically] asked if she lied about how bad Biden had gotten, and all she had to say was that she was running, not Joe. Then she went on a tirade about how President Trump is unstable.

There are soooooo many sound bites President Trump can use now.

Just the fact that she did the interview goes to show how desperate she is!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:14 pm

This is hilarious. Brett smoked her.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:44 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Go watch his recent interview with Bloomberg. The interviewer had to get him back on topic over and over and Trump asked him if he'd "heard of the weave?"

"Trump and Bloomberg News’ John Micklethwait clashed on numerous issues during a testy interview at the Economic Club of Chicago on Tuesday. Trump repeatedly insisted that he was doing the “weave” while being called out for his rambling answers by Micklethwait."

At one point, Trump starts talking about a potential “World War III” while answering a question on tariffs. While he kept switching between topics, Trump explained that he was doing the “weave.”

“I inherited that war. There were no wars. And, by the way, by the way, and I think it’s very important to go, you know, I call it the weave. You can call it kind of, you have the weave, as long as you end up in the right location at the end. But while we’re talking about it, we have never been so close to World War III as we are right now with what’s going on in Ukraine and Russia in the Middle East," Trump said at one point.

“With great respect, I was asking about tariffs. You’ve gone off of that," Micklethwait said.

Trump also pivoted from answering a question about currency to discussing French President Emmanuel Macron. He acknowledged that he switched subjects, again describing it as the “weave.”

“If I can finish, I’ll go longer if you want ... You got to be able to finish a thought, because it’s very important. You know, this is big stuff we’re talking about. You can’t go that quickly," Trump said.

“No, I’m just telling you basic.... it’s called the weave. It’s all these different things happening," Trump said.

Yeah... genius.
This whole post reads like Kamala's answer, "And Donald Trump has been running for office............"

Sounds like Trump had to describe to some lib simpletons how things can be interconnected.

Like, for example, if the government paid off every losers student loans, it puts more debt on the back of each taxpayer.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:21 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:32 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:44 pm
XpertDBA wrote:

Yeah... genius.
This whole post reads like Kamala's answer, "And Donald Trump has been running for office............"

Sounds like Trump had to describe to some lib simpletons how things can be interconnected.

Like, for example, if the government paid off every losers student loans, it puts more debt on the back of each taxpayer.
He didn't explain shit.

He went off on tangents about absolutely nothing related to the question like he always does.

Any other 78 year old you'd be calling it dementia.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:30 am

Trump killed the f****** l Smith dinner I couldn't believe it I was absolutely stunned.
dt