More sackings

User avatar
mostonmike
Posts: 3800
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Location: Manchester, England

More sackings

Post by mostonmike » Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:54 pm

Bench coach Manny Acta,
infield coach Perry Hill,
hitting coach Kevin Seitzer and
first base coach Eric Young Jr. will all be replaced in the offseason, according to the Mariners.
HTUlzE4aoAAbq_E.jpg

User avatar
Walla Walla Dawg II
Posts: 3798
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am
Location: Southeastern Washington

Re: More sackings

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:57 pm

Are they retaining Edgar, or has he resigned to.... to support Dan?

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: More sackings

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm

I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.

User avatar
mostonmike
Posts: 3800
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: More sackings

Post by mostonmike » Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:51 pm

GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm
I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.
Maybe they tell them tomorrow, fingers crossed?

4 conversations in one day is a lot to be fair. Most I ever sacked in one day has been 2 and thats a tough thing to do. They are still human beings, I guess.

But hopefully he has asked another 4 to come to the office tomorrow. :lol:

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: More sackings

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:05 pm

mostonmike wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:51 pm
GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:21 pm
I guess they're keeping the pitching coaches since those guys did such a bang up job.
Maybe they tell them tomorrow, fingers crossed?

4 conversations in one day is a lot to be fair. Most I ever sacked in one day has been 2 and thats a tough thing to do. They are still human beings, I guess.

But hopefully he has asked another 4 to come to the office tomorrow. :lol:
Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. The pitching coaches have a longer track record of success.

AlvinDavisFan21
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:42 pm

Re: More sackings

Post by AlvinDavisFan21 » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:06 pm

Kevin Seitzer was one of the worst, if not the worst hitting coach the Mariners ever had.

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16639
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: More sackings

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:09 pm

I thought Perry Hill was supposed go be some kind of miracle worker.

Gametime
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Re: More sackings

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:26 pm

Jerry is never held accountable. Thanks owners.

Listening to him now. Sounds exactly the same as usual. Deflects most blame.

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: More sackings

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:55 pm

AlvinDavisFan21 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:06 pm
Kevin Seitzer was one of the worst, if not the worst hitting coach the Mariners ever had.
I doubt this is the case.

User avatar
AZOldDawg
Posts: 1773
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 am
Location: Surprise, Arizona

Re: More sackings

Post by AZOldDawg » Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:27 pm

As long as Jerry remains it will continue to be “spin city”

Post Reply