Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83468
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:02 am

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:30 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:45 pm
Yeah I get it it's no big deal for your soft on crime tribe. I guess it's Seattle so the majority of fans won't have any issue with it whatsoever.
It's more not condemning by association. I have no idea what Prices childhood friends are up to or do I care. A lot of people came out in defense of Arnolds character. If he was to be found innocent then I don't see a reason not to have him on the team
Childhood friends??? He obviously knew those guys or they wouldn't have known he was robbed. My understanding is they were staying with him at the VRBO?? That guy literally agreed to testify against Arnold in his plea deal. Arnold is the big fish. They aren't going to charge him and then drop the chargers after securing a key witness. He's fucked imo.
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83468
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:04 am

trharder wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:59 am
Michael K. wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:23 pm
Now, how many part time jobs pay $200 to $350 K!? But still. Make them full time and require them to do more stuff off season to prepare to be, well....less shitty!
I would fire most of them and start over with younger, hungrier, more humble types.
I would start with that crew we saw Sunday.
fyi there is a NFL officials union. They don't take to kindly to most of their members being fired...
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:35 am

D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:02 am
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:30 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:45 pm
Yeah I get it it's no big deal for your soft on crime tribe. I guess it's Seattle so the majority of fans won't have any issue with it whatsoever.
It's more not condemning by association. I have no idea what Prices childhood friends are up to or do I care. A lot of people came out in defense of Arnolds character. If he was to be found innocent then I don't see a reason not to have him on the team
Childhood friends??? He obviously knew those guys or they wouldn't have known he was robbed. My understanding is they were staying with him at the VRBO?? That guy literally agreed to testify against Arnold in his plea deal. Arnold is the big fish. They aren't going to charge him and then drop the chargers after securing a key witness. He's fucked imo.
That's how the guy is being characterized. If arnold went to trial and was found innocent, that is, those friends acted on their own I wouldn't have a particular concern about giving him a job playing football.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:36 am

D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:04 am
trharder wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:59 am
Michael K. wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:23 pm
Now, how many part time jobs pay $200 to $350 K!? But still. Make them full time and require them to do more stuff off season to prepare to be, well....less shitty!
I would fire most of them and start over with younger, hungrier, more humble types.
I would start with that crew we saw Sunday.
fyi there is a NFL officials union. They don't take to kindly to most of their members being fired...
And what's this age bias crap to begin with? lol

trharder
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:42 am

I noticed there wasn't a lot of talk about the Seahawk other than the officiating.
I have thoughts.
I never thought the officiating was fixed, or one sided. It was a balanced debauchery of a sporting event.
I don't hold the Seahawks offense and defense to the same standard. This is a defense minded team mirroring
their defense bent coach and D play caller. If the offense can score 30, that should do it. Currently this team
does not have a #1 running back and the O-line doesn't seem up to snuff. I agree with Mike Salk that Sam looked
tentative and a little off. Brock was more in the camp that no one was open. But 30 should do it with a defense like this.
My bitch is with the defense. They are big timing it - high on their regal fame and big contracts. My pet peeve player
currently is Spoon. Over an over he is flirting with a taunting penalty on every decent play he makes. I personally
would abolish the taunting penalty, but as long as it's 15 yards and an automatic 1st down, he better start taking
it seriously. I hear people point to E-man as the next Woolen, but for me it's Spoon. On top of the selfish personal
fouls, I've seen mental lapses where they fuck up basic shit like allowing big runs on 3rd down to the sidelines by
not sealing the edge. Brock and those who know stuff know, but they won't say it because they are greased by
homerism. I myself am a homer and firmly believe MM will get the D back to the mission over bull shit, MOB. MM
has his little sayings and he believes its a big deal. I think he will bring them back around. And a win is a win, but
I saw a post on X that I think is saying what I'm thinking better than I can. I leave you with that.
Attachments
mich.png
mich.png (117.48 KiB) Viewed 62 times

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83468
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:36 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:04 am
trharder wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:59 am

I would fire most of them and start over with younger, hungrier, more humble types.
I would start with that crew we saw Sunday.
fyi there is a NFL officials union. They don't take to kindly to most of their members being fired...
And what's this age bias crap to begin with? lol
Not to mention younger and hungrier to me means they would be wanting to take more control of the game not less. Hungry and humble?? Make it make sense....
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83468
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:35 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:02 am
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:30 am


It's more not condemning by association. I have no idea what Prices childhood friends are up to or do I care. A lot of people came out in defense of Arnolds character. If he was to be found innocent then I don't see a reason not to have him on the team
Childhood friends??? He obviously knew those guys or they wouldn't have known he was robbed. My understanding is they were staying with him at the VRBO?? That guy literally agreed to testify against Arnold in his plea deal. Arnold is the big fish. They aren't going to charge him and then drop the chargers after securing a key witness. He's fucked imo.
That's how the guy is being characterized. If arnold went to trial and was found innocent, that is, those friends acted on their own I wouldn't have a particular concern about giving him a job playing football.
Yeah they acted completely on their own, just randomly targeted some people to kidnap and pistol whip and Arnold was COMPLETELY surprised when he heard what happened. Had no idea whatsoever. But the prosecutor just decided to charge him with 8 felonies because they were childhood friends of his. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screenshot 2026-10-06 051041.png
Screenshot 2026-10-06 051041.png (144.3 KiB) Viewed 34 times
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83468
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:18 pm

trharder wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:42 am
I noticed there wasn't a lot of talk about the Seahawk other than the officiating.
I have thoughts.
I never thought the officiating was fixed, or one sided. It was a balanced debauchery of a sporting event.
I don't hold the Seahawks offense and defense to the same standard. This is a defense minded team mirroring
their defense bent coach and D play caller. If the offense can score 30, that should do it. Currently this team
does not have a #1 running back and the O-line doesn't seem up to snuff. I agree with Mike Salk that Sam looked
tentative and a little off. Brock was more in the camp that no one was open. But 30 should do it with a defense like this.
My bitch is with the defense. They are big timing it - high on their regal fame and big contracts. My pet peeve player
currently is Spoon. Over an over he is flirting with a taunting penalty on every decent play he makes. I personally
would abolish the taunting penalty, but as long as it's 15 yards and an automatic 1st down, he better start taking
it seriously. I hear people point to E-man as the next Woolen, but for me it's Spoon. On top of the selfish personal
fouls, I've seen mental lapses where they fuck up basic shit like allowing big runs on 3rd down to the sidelines by
not sealing the edge. Brock and those who know stuff know, but they won't say it because they are greased by
homerism. I myself am a homer and firmly believe MM will get the D back to the mission over bull shit, MOB. MM
has his little sayings and he believes its a big deal. I think he will bring them back around. And a win is a win, but
I saw a post on X that I think is saying what I'm thinking better than I can. I leave you with that.
Good stuff. Yes, a little concerning. I just don't get why guys are so compelled to taunt. I know smack talk goes way back and MJ was the king but how about just celebrate with your teammates to enjoy and enhance the moment?? Especially when taunting is a PF that costs you 15 yards and a 1st down for the opponent. Hopefully MM reigns them in and we go from 7 to 0 PFs.


And yes that guy is a solid contributor.. I have interacted with him and is a good non arrogant prick too.
dt

auroraave
Posts: 2588
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by auroraave » Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:33 pm

douche wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:17 pm
Is it possible that the officiating is terrible simply because the officials are terrible? Because the NHL isn't much different. Shit calls, phantom calls, blatant infractions where no penalty is called...

Yet NHL commissioner Bettman will tell you all day long that NHL officials are the best in the world. Which is completely laughable. If it wasn't so pathetic.
I don't believe the officials are inherently terrible. They are human and we have to give some leeway, but where it gets murky is when we factor in personal biases, if any, and, more importantly, the NFL with issuing their marching orders on emphasizing certain things - that's when we start crossing lines into intentional manipulation. We know they do it - 100% - they admit it. Now, take it a step further. I remember a certain SB that had officiating so biased that no STeeler fan at the party I was at could look me in the eye after, and a ref even acknowledged they botched it. It all went one way - blatantly. How about the greatest non call in playoff history that robbed the saints - not just blatant PI - but helmet to helmet at the same time the league was 'all about player safety'. It conveniently saved the larger market teams season. Weird! Coincidences? Possibly. But the seeds of doubt are there.

Sports is rife with corruption. The NFL literally is in bed with gambling entities - to even pretend those two won't intersect seems to me to be shoving your head so far into the sand you can literally find oil. Nothing that can be corrupted - isn't. Everything is leveraged. We've already sees so many instances of gamesd thrown and outcomes manipulated - how can you not be suspicious? Michael Franzese has laid out how the mob gets you into these situations - it ain't hard. DO I think all games are rigged. No. But the officiating and manipulation with too many rules all seem to conveniently allow outcomes to be altered. The games can be controlled. That is not debatable.

Remember covid? Rememebr the messaging by all the 'media" "Get vaxxed!" All the entities telling you to get vaxxed weree PAID by big pharma to pass that messaging along. It wasn't organic - they paid for the adverting - it is literally what keeps the lights on at all the news outlets. It was all a sham. Now, the NFL is in bed with all the gambling sites, and we're supposed to believe it is all above board, despite every bit of historical evidence pointing the other way? Riiiiight. That math ain't mathin'

Kinda like Michigan getting that extra second. Totally legit, right? :lol:

auroraave
Posts: 2588
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by auroraave » Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:36 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:06 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:32 pm
Games like yesterday's abomination are stark reminders the players do not control games, the refs do, or at last they have shown a willingness to do so. My mind immediately defaults to 'who gains from pre-determined outcomes?" and when combined with "oh, wow, Fanduel and the NFL are currently dating hard" it's pretty easy to be skeptical about the integrity of NFL game anymore. Sports is littered with factual evidence of games thrown, careers sacrificed, mob interference, all for the almighty gambling dollar. We 100% know it is going on, but yesterday's unwatchable shitfest is a grim reminder of the intersection of money and opportunity and the decline of integrity in the game.
The NFL is a business with $23 Billion in revenues. That's 23,000 MILLION dollars but you are convinced they are going to risk all of that in a massive conspiracy involving HUNDREDS of league employees and on field Officials to intentionally impact the outcomes of games with bad calls to make a few million??? And all of these people involved from Goodell down to a random line judge are all going to be complicit and decide not be a whistle blower. Pardon the pun.

btw Do you believe a random Girl scout troupe was responsible for 911 vs. terrorists as well. lol
Whether they are doing it on purpose or not shouldn't matter. This is one of the few times I agree with AA. The games this weekend were unwatchable. I used to watch from well before Kickoff of the morning games until after the evening games. Flipping back and forth between RedZone and the seahawks. Yesterday I took the wife to a local Taphouse at Halftime. Yes, the game was on or we wouldn't have gone. But no sound, watching sporadically, etc. I haven't watched a Thursday night game all year, since we played on Wednesday, not have I watched Sunday or Monday Night. What used to consume me is now not even that watchable.

AA is right, they have a problem on their hands, and the arrogance of knowing that because of things like gambling and fantasy football they can do whatever really pisses me off. Google NFL officiating, and the fiasco that was Seattle is barely mentioned. That was an NFL record for penalties I believe, and there are other things about the Officials making the news instead!?
One of the few times you agree with me? I'm hurt!

Post Reply