On to the next
- Sibelius Hindemith
- Posts: 16678
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
- Location: Seattle
Re: On to the next
Did the NFL ever do anything to punish Bill Leavy for his blatant crooked and one-sided officiating in Super Bowl XL? They didn't even lightly reprimand him. He later acknowledged making two "critical mistakes" in the 4th quarter of that game when visiting Seahawks training camp in 2010 and expressed "regret" over it. When he retired the NFL honred him with the Art McNally award. Unfortunately the POS passed in 2023 without issuing a confession.
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14771
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: On to the next
They didn't do anything after the city of New Orleans sued them for the PI call in the NFCCG against the Rams either. They won't do anything besides tone down the point of emphasis for awhile. Look, once again? They don't have to do anything. They will make money no matter what.
Re: On to the next
Yeah I see that SB as far worse than Sunday....Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:30 pmDid the NFL ever do anything to punish Bill Leavy for his blatant crooked and one-sided officiating in Super Bowl XL? They didn't even lightly reprimand him. He later acknowledged making two "critical mistakes" in the 4th quarter of that game when visiting Seahawks training camp in 2010 and expressed "regret" over it. When he retired the NFL honred him with the Art McNally award. Unfortunately the POS passed in 2023 without issuing a confession.
dt
Re: On to the next
Yep just like the Mariners...Michael K. wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:36 pmThey didn't do anything after the city of New Orleans sued them for the PI call in the NFCCG against the Rams either. They won't do anything besides tone down the point of emphasis for awhile. Look, once again? They don't have to do anything. They will make money no matter what.
dt
Re: On to the next
The problem is the refs were very likely following the leagues marching orders on how to call the game. If you are the refs, what do you do when Park Ave is telling you to emphasize specific calls? I am not sure what the refs WANT to be calling games this way. Park Ave also needs to be held accountable for demanding These emphasis calls.Michael K. wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:13 pmIf I suck at my job, my motivation for sucking matters not one bit. The crew that did the Hawks game on Sunday have sucked all year. Shit can their asses. Make an example of these Jackwads that seem to think a flag every third snap is what is needed. I PROMISE you, if the ruckus caused by the two flag football games out of four that this crew had officiated had been warranted? The NFL would have come out by know and backed them. They have not, which means my guess is when they self scouted these games? They found that it didn't need to be officiated so heavy handedly.D-train wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:34 pmThe two guys that got suspended definitely self identified but I don't think the Ref that did our game falls into that group. You just can't prove his motivation..trharder wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:28 pm
I would start with the ones who are self-identifying. Do we need to go over that list with you again?
The NFL likely has a fleet of lawyers. There is likely many ways to fire a ref, or force the union to do it.
I realize this would likely require a new contract with the union and likely lead to a strike or lock out.
Which I'm 100% in favor of.
-
DavidGee24
- Posts: 11589
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: Phillips Ranch, CA
Re: On to the next
Oh I know you are, believe me I'm the same guy who watches the Mariners fall behind 1-0 in the first inning and immediately thinks "Game over".Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:04 pmIt's not about doubting the team. The stars aligned last year otherwise they don't get to the SB. I'm just trying to be realistic. KC and SF have pretty decent coaches too.DavidGee24 wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:57 amDamn right. Even after two stinkers I'm not going to doubt this team and their coach. We were in a similar spot last season and things turned out okay.
Re: On to the next
This is my contention as well....auroraave wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:52 pmThe problem is the refs were very likely following the leagues marching orders on how to call the game. If you are the refs, what do you do when Park Ave is telling you to emphasize specific calls? I am not sure what the refs WANT to be calling games this way. Park Ave also needs to be held accountable for demanding These emphasis calls.Michael K. wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:13 pmIf I suck at my job, my motivation for sucking matters not one bit. The crew that did the Hawks game on Sunday have sucked all year. Shit can their asses. Make an example of these Jackwads that seem to think a flag every third snap is what is needed. I PROMISE you, if the ruckus caused by the two flag football games out of four that this crew had officiated had been warranted? The NFL would have come out by know and backed them. They have not, which means my guess is when they self scouted these games? They found that it didn't need to be officiated so heavy handedly.
dt
Re: On to the next
For sure, the NFL is the cause of the fucked up rules. We also know they put their finger in the officiating pie.auroraave wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:52 pmThe problem is the refs were very likely following the leagues marching orders on how to call the game. If you are the refs, what do you do when Park Ave is telling you to emphasize specific calls? I am not sure what the refs WANT to be calling games this way. Park Ave also needs to be held accountable for demanding These emphasis calls.
That doesn't excuse calling games with no regard to the effect it has on the end product like we saw this past week. The numbers
speak for themselves. The refs need to view themselves more as a compliment to the game, to ensure it doesn't turn into uncontrolled chaos.
Is it a hard job? Hell yes it is. Also, it's the destination dream job of many, unlike coal miners, for example. They should view themselves
as customer service quality control.
Re: On to the next
Of the 7 PF penalties I think 4-5 were legit. Have we ever had 4-5 PF calls in one game?
Kind of have to blame our players a bit too like MM rightfully did.
Kind of have to blame our players a bit too like MM rightfully did.
dt
Re: On to the next
I've mentioned several times the defense is being selfish and has lost the plot on the MOB philosophy. The recent personal fouls are a symptom.
I maintain a person can think that and still have a separate bitch against the refs for not understanding their best role. The two things are
not mutually exclusive.