Huskies vs Hoooccchhheyes game thread

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83634
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Huskies vs Hoooccchhheyes game thread

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 11, 2026 5:54 pm

gil wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:44 pm
I saw the game with a bunch of Iowa fans, so naturally their take was about how well the Hawkeyes played, not necessarily how bad the Huskies were. A few things I saw that were not pretty:

1. On both O and D, the line play looked like boys against men. Andy Y. in the Seattle Times notes that in Jedd Fisch's first Big Ten game two years ago, in Iowa CIty, it was the same thing. (Andy Y. brings up that it was a wake up call to the Huskies 2 years ago -- hey, welcome to the Big Ten! -- but he worries that Fisch's Huskies have not developed in two years.) This doesn't seem like in-game coaching or schemes to me, but physical talent.

2. As others have noted, Desmond Williams holds the ball too long. Hard to say if the coverage by Iowa was or was not that good, but Williams and Brown both did better with quick developing pass plays. Also, it seems that Williams's passes come in hot. I think there were some legitimate drops, but I didn't think it looks like he throws an easy to catch ball.

3. How many TD passes did Iowa have to a wide open guy? Three? (Ok, at least 2.) On one play there was a second receiver trailing the primary guy by about 5 yards who was STILL wide open and, if the ball had gone to him, would have scored untouched. The Hawkeye faithful chalked this up to great play design. I saw blown defensive schemes. Really bad.

Ugly game for the Huskies.
1. I read that as well. Zero progress in two years. Dead smelly Fisch walking. He has to be fired. Especially after he said in the postgame that he need time to adjust to the B10. WTF?

2. Demond should never play another snap for our team. Bench him and let him transfer.

3. Absolutely embarrassing. I have never seen anything like it. Fire Fisch.
dt

Post Reply