Forum members introduce yourselves

rockycola

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by rockycola » Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:02 am
desbcoach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 am
people call me blind Dave, I am legally blind by field and clarity but still get to do many fun things. My wife loves looking at peoples faces when we go to a ball game and they see me with my blind stick
btw whenever I see your handle I think Deb's Coach instead of Desbcoach. What is Desb?

Also whenever I see 95lives I think of what 10.5 cats would have instead of lives that the rhymes with gives. lol

dt
It took me a long time to deduce that 95lives is meant to say "1995 lives on forever and that's as good as it's ever going to get so keep on suffering bytches"
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

TLO Idaho

Post by TLO Idaho » Thu May 02, 2019 5:10 am

Terry , 64, Born and raised in Lewiston Idaho. Worked about 40 years in construction retiring in Lewiston in July of 2016. Worked about 10 years in the Seattle area where I got to meet some of forum members(A.T.,Leadoff JimFreeman ,Kevin Halfmoon O and afew others) I don't post alot but browse almost every day. Will have to make it back to Seattle and attend D.T's forum parties.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 am

There used to be a forum dude on the ST forum by the name of rockycola but I snatched that name up before he could claim it over here.
You all know that Rocky Colavito is my hero and I strongly believe he belongs in the HoF.

In real life my name is Phil. I've been a picture framer/designer for many years, left to be in the moving industry (in sales) for quite a while and came back to picture framing for the last 8 years.
Not retired yet but I am 66 and still going reasonably strong. I can no longer dunk a basketball as I could do in my younger days in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Not bad for someone 5'11 and 63/64".

In 1638 my ancestors left England on a ship called the Bevis, just 18 years after the Mayflower. The Bevis did many voyages across the Atlantic but after it dropped my clan off it was never seen from again.

I have 3 older brothers. My Mother died when I was 11. My Dad remarried 3 months later. I left home as soon as I turned 16.

I've got 3 boys that I know of :mrgreen: ...........coached the latter two in Little League baseball for 14-15 years. Wife is a school teacher.

Used to be a Detroit Tiger fan.....Rocky, Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Dick McAuliffe, Jim Bunning, Frank Larry, Paul Foytack, Jake Wood, Bill Freehan, Charlie "Paw Paw" Maxwell, Hank Aguirre, Gates Brown, Jim Northrup, Mickey Stanly, Mickey Lolich, Denny McLain. So many more as the years passed by.

Now that I am here I'm a Mariner fan through thick and thin. Junior, Randy, Edgar are my top 3 favorites.

The forum(s) have been great for me, especially after I stopped lurking which I did for many years. Good people, good buddies. Glad you are all here.
Last edited by rockycola on Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 am

Petert wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 am
My name is Pete, and I’m a Marinerholic.

I studied music and engineering at university and am currently in my 50th year as a performer, though I don’t play classical anymore. I write rock music in a 70s prog style, the dubious results of which can be heard here: http://www.qrnmusic.com .

I’m 4 years retired, turn 65 this month, and spend my time in music, this grand sport, sea kayaking, weekend experiments in developing the perfect Manhattan, and trying to convince my wife we should move to the San Juans or the Gulf Islands.

It is indeed a pleasure to be a member of this forum after almost 10 years of lurking, and I look forward to meeting you all.
I went to your site and listened! Great stuff!

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 am

Hi I am Dr Naysay and I am an alcoholic, or functioning alcoholic as my wife calls me, I live in a country that makes terrible beer with horrible attempts at West Coast IPA's and zero Belgian Lambics. On a serious note I thought I was propping up the M's support in Cape Town till I met a Safa that had moved back from Seattle and was wearing a M's cap the other day, I was delighted.

95Lives!

Post by 95Lives! » Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am

Hi my name is Tony...and I'm a Mariners fan.

I didn't watch much sports as a kid, but one year I watched a team they called The Big Red Machine and I was hooked. I think Pete Rose was the true Zen master of playing baseball, but Bench was my favorite player.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I played one year of little league and one year of high school baseball. As an adult I played slowpitch off and on for a couple decades.

Seattle is my home town but I have lived in 9 different states, Spain and Guam. I served in the miltary, but that isn't why I moved around a lot. While I was single I simply saw no reason to settle in one place.

16 years ago I married the love of my life and found the son I never had. I introduced him to baseball and he introduced me to coaching it. I am now coaching my 15th year as a coach to my daughters' (Yes twins) little league softball team. There is just something that warms my heart to see a player succeed after trying so hard to learn this difficult game.

I graduated from Oregon State University and avidly follow all of their men and women's sports as well as the academic and social achievements of my fellow Beavers. I am dam proud of my school.

I currently live quite happily in MD within a long commute of our nation's capital and literally drive by the Nats Stadium every day I go to work.

I love the collegial baseball conversations I've had since 2008 on the ST Forum and quite frankly despised its descent into the political rant and spam pit it had become in the past couple years.

I've watched the M's since the inaugural season but wasn't a true fanatic until Junior, Edgar, Randy, and Lou joined the club.

It's been ten days since I last watched a Mariners game.

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu May 02, 2019 1:59 pm

rockycola wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 am

Used to be a Detroit Tiger fan.....Rocky, Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Dick McAuliffe, Jim Bunning, Frank Larry, Paul Foytack, Jake Wood, Bill Freehan, Charlie "Paw Paw" Maxwell, Hank Aguirre, Gates Brown, Jim Northrup, Mickey Stanly, Mickey Lolich, Denny McLain. So many more as the years passed by.
My wife is from Detroit, and was a Tiger fan in the late 60s, replete with a Denny McLain poster (pre-arraignment) in her room. And Charlie Maxwell, still going strong at 92 ! He could probably still come out and go 4 for 6 on a Sunday.

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 pm

My name is Mike. I have been sober since Wednesday morning and a fan of the Mariners since Day 1, 1977.

Joeshabotnik

Post by Joeshabotnik » Thu May 02, 2019 2:53 pm

I’m Joe, been to DT’s annual event a couple of times. I coached baseball and basketball for many years and was a football referee. I’m now retired and enjoy reading the forums. I taught social studies for 35 years, :o

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Joeshabotnik wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:53 pm
I’m Joe, been to DT’s annual event a couple of times. I coached baseball and basketball for many years and was a football referee. I’m now retired and enjoy reading the forums. I taught social studies for 35 years, :o
Welcome Joe! Wow, you would think after teaching social studies for 35 years you would have better social skills. Just kidding! ;)
dt