Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

Donn Beach

Re: Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pm

ohhhh. to get more draft picks?...that is a function of who they believe other teams ahead of them are going take. Trading at the bottom of the first round with a team looking for a QB is a pretty standard more really. I do not see it as related to who they wanted to pick. With the trade falling through, they still had the choice of anybody they wanted. If it didn't seem like a great pick to them, why did they pick him?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:24 pm
not talking about what i believe, talking about what JS believes, you don't think he believes it was a good pick?...why would he pick him then?
Once again, I DO think he believes in himself, and his strategy. BUT, I also believe that the ridiculous lack of success in the first round should lead him to believe that his strategy is fucking wrong. When is the last time their first round pick was a stud? I'll give you a hint, it was Earl Thomas.

There were guys with first round grades available, and they were players at a much greater need than LB. They took a six foot two hundred forty pound LB....why? Because he runs a 4.5. So does the guy you got on the third day out of Washington last year!

Take a difference maker in the first round. We want KJ's replacement...fine. KJ was a fourth round pick. Why? Because like this guy he didn't rush the passer and didn't do the kind of things that make him a day one draft pick. Good player, not a first rounder. If KJ was in this draft....he wouldn't be a first rounder. Just like this guy.

Stop getting cute...take impact players, not just guys you want. TV cameras were sent home to 58 players....not this guy. There is a reason. Let him fall to the spot he should, or let someone else reach. For the love of GOD....let someone else reach! We keep hearing how "they heard someone else was going to take him." FINE, let someone else fuck up!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:51 pm
when it comes to "best player available", i think there is an "intangibles" aspect to it. They like the guy, team leader or whatever you want to call it. He might not be filling an actual need for a starter currently, but they want him on the team
Nick Harris is a good locker room guy. I guess we are taking him today with our first pick?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:49 pm
Zurlein has us taking Cleveland and Davis today. If they do that..all is forgiven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ning-backs
Did you see the simulator I just posted? I am heading to Schneider's house here in a minute to hog tie him in the closet for the next couple days.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:20 pm

i gonna add...I believe they are higher on Collier than you guys. They have not written that off as a wasted pick. So going into this draft taking lets say Yetur Gross Matos at number one would give them another edge guy that is said to need experience. So they would have Collier coming back in his second season and YGM in his first, as well as YGM not being able to have any practice, so a good chance of not being that effective this season anyway. So that could be fairly redundant in terms of next season's team. That is an aspect to this draft, because of the lack of practice, there could be limited expectations in terms of filling immediate needs

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:20 pm
i gonna add...I believe they are higher on Collier than you guys. They have not written that off as a wasted pick. So going into this draft taking lets say Yetur Gross Matos at number one would give them another edge guy that is said to need experience. So they would have Collier coming back in his second season and YGM in his first, as well as YGM not being able to have any practice, so a good chance of not being that effective this season anyway. So that could be fairly redundant in terms of next season's team. That is an aspect to this draft, because of the lack of practice, there could be limited expectations in terms of filling immediate needs
That is the problem. They keep drafting guys in the first round that won't play the first year, two, and sometimes more! How is that value? By the time the guy contributes he is about ready to renegotiate his contract!

We just paid first round $ to a guy that will either be a back up, or taking over at WLB...even though he played ILB in college. Might as well draft a fucking Power Forward and make him play LT. At least we didn't do that shit in the first round.

You keep telling us what you think they thing. The problem is, the way the think DOESN'T WORK IN THE FIRST ROUND. But, instead of changing it, they double down...and get away with it because one time they drafted Bobby Wagner and Russ Wilson late. Fine, start adding in studs in the first round to the gems we find in the late round and maybe we won't be a WC team!

Stop telling us what they think Donn, tell us when what they think has worked! In the first round you will have to go back a long way. I don't give a fuck if they are high on Collier....they sure as shit shouldn't be!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pm
ohhhh. to get more draft picks?...
Yeah and he failed.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:44 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pm
ohhhh. to get more draft picks?...
Yeah and he failed.
Nope, we added this kid to our kick off coverage team along with the two LBs we drafted last year. I guess today we will look to backup the QB and Punter.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm not sure why everyone here keeps posting that Jordyn Brooks is a total head scratcher of a pick in the 1st round. And DT... this weird stuff about drafting a guy with a "girly" name is pretty out of left field. If you're joking, cool... but 3 straight posts about a guy having a girl name who is a fkn dude on the football field, a real leader, one of the better hitters in the draft is just so off-the-wall...

1. As I posted a few times now, he was on Green Bay's radar with their first selection at 30 if Jordon Love wasn't available.

2. Cincinnati reporter said rumors had the Bengals possibly taking him at 33 and said he'd go ahead of Patrick Queen because Queen is undersized and unpolished in a lot of areas.

3. Verified account dude on Twitter spoke to 15 higher ups in NFL evaluation and he said that every one had Brooks listed as their 1-3 ILB.

4. Mel Kiper had Brooks listed as his number one linebacker for a while, but changed it due to his shoulder injury and inability to work out. He had a first round grade on him but moved him to second round as a result.

5. CBS, as Donn has pointed out, had him as a late 1st round pick in one of their recent drafts.

6. Peter Schraeger (who I typically don't like care for) had him going late in the 1st round of his mock draft.

7. Pete says he's a versatile, complete linebacker who can also play outside... my hunch is that's what they're going to do with him.

8. His 20 tackles for loss at the linebacker position are exactly what Seattle has been missing... he's a stellar athlete who has a nack for creating negative plays in the backfield. I think the Hawks are less than sold on KJ Wright's future. I had the Hawks taking a linebacker in Justin Strnad in the 5th round of my first few mock drafts and then Malik Harrison in the 3rd round of my recent mock drafts for that very reason.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Once again with the “other people might have taken him.”

Let them....let someone else pay first round money for a MLB when we have the best in the game there. Let someone else draft a MLB in the first and ask him to change positions. Stop telling me someone else might have stolen him, then drafting him, and having him make little to no impact!

This is C Mike and Penny all over again. Maybe this guy is worth the 27th pick, but he shouldn’t be on this team. You pay first round money to rush the passer or defend he WR. This was dumb, and even dumber when the best player in football plays his spot.