Back to our pitching

AZOldDawg

Back to our pitching

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Something simply isn't right. Everybody's getting beat up, Sheffield appears to be horrible at Tacoma. Dunn and Gilbert appear to have promise but that's about it. It simply can't be bad luck. The only thing that makes sense to me is our evaluation process has to be seriously flawed. I mean SERIOUSLY FLAWED!!! I recognize we are not going to spend any money on players at this time but we need to consider hiring significantly better people to do our player evaluation.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Back to our pitching

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:07 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Something simply isn't right. Everybody's getting beat up, Sheffield appears to be horrible at Tacoma. Dunn and Gilbert appear to have promise but that's about it. It simply can't be bad luck. The only thing that makes sense to me is our evaluation process has to be seriously flawed. I mean SERIOUSLY FLAWED!!! I recognize we are not going to spend any money on players at this time but we need to consider hiring significantly better people to do our player evaluation.
Got to know how to use and develop pitching.

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 pm

This organization is flawed from top to bottom.

Why do you think Gar stepped down? He isn't a fool.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:28 am

It can't just perpetually be "the organization".

Things appear on the right track at this point in my opinion.

In any rebuild there is going to be a bottom and we hit that probably last year, well, record-wise probably this year. But, the minor league system is far more stocked from the sound of it.

The climb out isn't going to be exactly straight up.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:07 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 pm
It’s amazing, look at the low budget, low attendance, Rotten venue Rays, just an Outstanding Organization, even after losing Shapiro to the Dodgers!
Last edited by Hy Feiber on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 am

bpj wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:28 am
It can't just perpetually be "the organization".

Things appear on the right track at this point in my opinion.

In any rebuild there is going to be a bottom and we hit that probably last year, well, record-wise probably this year. But, the minor league system is far more stocked from the sound of it.

The climb out isn't going to be exactly straight up.
You can stock it, but if you can’t Develop for shytte, you have Nothing.

Anyone can be an optimist, but with these clowns’ runnin things?

What the hell’s the point of making 100 trades to get to This?

That’s Nuts!

What other GM on Planet Earth goes around in circles and winds up Nowhere?

If Dip had done Nothing, could it possibly be Worse?

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:41 am

I dont view it as bleakly as I did last year because this is a long game.

We aren't saddled with Canos contract any longer. Felix is coming off the books.

Gordon and Seager can't be too far behind if they can perform enough that Dipoto can get back somebody with a pulse and salary relief of any kind.

It's easy to say let's see how he spends the money. I hope he doesn't. I hope he pulls in more draws at the Hanigers, Vogelbachs, Gonzales's, Narvaez's, etc.

He got most of those guys for nothing. I'm willing to wait on the Bruce trade and the others because it doesnt look nearly as barren as it did a year ago. In my opinion.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:46 am

Great time to trade for whoever is the new Chris Archer available, with 3 or 4 years left on their contract.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 am

Between the Mariners and Rainiers there are 33 pitchers with ERAs over 5.00 and 14 pitchers with ERAs over 10.00 Not f-ing joking. :roll: :| :shock:
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 am
Between the Mariners and Rainiers there are 33 pitchers with ERAs over 5.00 and 14 pitchers with ERAs over 10.00 Not f-ing joking. :roll: :| :shock:
I heard it's that way across AAA this year because they're using the MLB ball, you hear anything about that?