6%?

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: 6%?

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Hospitals cashed in by listing cause of death as COVID-19.
Its always always always about the money.
Now big Pharma is going to cash in on a vaccine which may or may not work like the flu shot.
What a sadistic plan implemented to stop the Trump train.
Still won't work!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:45 pm

More bad news for the Chicken Littles and the Pac 12.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... 56/photo/1
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:45 pm

I'm not sure why this is bad news. Being careful about spending time with other people works, and a "bubble" works really well. Am I missing something?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:18 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 pm
D-train wrote:

I'm not sure why this is bad news. Being careful about spending time with other people works, and a "bubble" works really well. Am I missing something?
I am referring to hundreds of tweets I saw from people "warning" that if the MLB, NFL or College football tried to play everyone was going to die. Screaming at the top of their lungs to "Cancel the Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :roll:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:18 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

I am referring to hundreds of tweets I saw from people "warning" that if the MLB, NFL or College football tried to play everyone was going to die. Screaming at the top of their lungs to "Cancel the Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :roll:
Gotcha, dt. They were wrong. Maybe the athletes have been more careful that the tweeters gave them credit for.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Can't get more closely packed that the Tour de France. Two days ago they ran tests on ALL of the competitors. Not one had covid-19. One of the race organizers did, but they are asking him to quarantine for seven days.

So you have over 160+ guys breathing on each other with their mouths open. Plus, have you seen the people lining the mountain climbs with barely enough room for single file competitors? Most of those fans are not wearing masks nor social distancing. You would think one or two of them would have covid-19. I'm wondering if they began taking hydroxy a month or two ago?

gil

Post by gil » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 pm
Can't get more closely packed that the Tour de France. Two days ago they ran tests on ALL of the competitors. Not one had covid-19. One of the race organizers did, but they are asking him to quarantine for seven days.

So you have over 160+ guys breathing on each other with their mouths open. Plus, have you seen the people lining the mountain climbs with barely enough room for single file competitors? Most of those fans are not wearing masks nor social distancing. You would think one or two of them would have covid-19. I'm wondering if they began taking hydroxy a month or two ago?
I saw friends the other day who are avid cyclists and avid Tour de France followers. They brought up the same thing (not the hydroxy part, but the rest). The best I can figure out:

1. The riders are in a bubble. (I forget what team it was, but somebody couldn't do the Tour this year because he went to a grocery store in early July. That's harsh!) I think there are now 4 positives among staffers. But the point is, the other riders keep being tested and anyone would be out with a positive.

2. Yes, the fans are packed, and I don't think we don't know how many cases there are among them. But for the riders, the chances are very low of catching the virus from a single contagious fan who you pass by. It's all about viral load. Passing a contagious person outdoors is not like sitting in a bar with someone for an hour.

3. Literally, the virus isn't just floating around in the air for very long. It spreads from person to person. France's per capita case rate is about 25% that of the U.S. All things equal, right now you are simply less likely to get the virus in France than in most parts of the U.S.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:02 pm
Speaking of the Stock market, since I sold my house and put the proceeds in the market on June 1st I am up $111k in 3 months! God I love this country! LOL

I'm thinking of selling here. Our house has appreciated so much that I can take the proceeds, purchase a home in Idaho for the summer months AND easily have enough money for a home in Florida for the winter months. We still have a couple of years left on the mortgage here, but the other two homes would have a lower mortgage combined than what we are paying now. It's a thought.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:02 pm
Speaking of the Stock market, since I sold my house and put the proceeds in the market on June 1st I am up $111k in 3 months! God I love this country! LOL

I'm thinking of selling here. Our house has appreciated so much that I can take the proceeds, purchase a home in Idaho for the summer months AND easily have enough money for a home in Florida for the winter months. We still have a couple of years left on the mortgage here, but the other two homes would have a lower mortgage combined than what we are paying now. It's a thought.
Brilliant. I hope to retire in a few years, buy and build on property in Eastern WA or Idaho for the Mountain home and keep this place 100 yards from the Ocean and VRBO out the one that we aren't in. We were told by our friend that we could get $700 a night in the summer for this place. That's 63k a summer. :shock:
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:08 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:18 pm
gil wrote:

Gotcha, dt. They were wrong. Maybe the athletes have been more careful that the tweeters gave them credit for.
Or maybe they haven't needed to be, just like everyone else.