Forum members introduce yourselves

DavidGee24

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for responding, everyone. I actually was worried that nobody would, like people might think they're walking into an identity theft trap or something LOL. I'll have to write a little key of handles/names and set it off to the side.

It looks like so far we've got a couple guys in their 40s and the lot of old-timers. Makes for a lot of baseball knowledge to be shared. I'm surprised that some of you old-timers used to cheer for other teams and then switched to the Mariners. You guys must have been really craving a challenge.

Still looking for a few more of the Times posters, like Terry, Captain, Broadcasting Husky, RG, and others I can't think of at the moment. I wonder if Somebody's Son will sign up to entertain us with his version of fantasy baseball. Maybe Livesmatter will try to sneak himself in here, but hopefully he'll be content to converse with himself in the Times Forum. Saw his last game thread and it was quite creepy.

Good job on putting this together, Darren!

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Fri May 03, 2019 5:22 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm
I actually was worried that nobody would, like people might think they're walking into an identity theft trap or something.
Perhaps I should go back and remove my Social Security number from my bio...
DMM

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Awesome! WoodinvilleCoug in the house, newest member. Mr. Fireball himself. Welcome!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Fri May 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Ha ha - thanks Rocky. Good to see you man --- WoodinvilleCoug here. 44 years old, grew up in Mountlake Terrace - graduated from Wazzu in '98. Been living in Woodinville for 10 years now. 2 kids (boys 7 and 5) -- Played ball through sophomore year in college - coached select ball for 10 years or so after graduating - now I coach my kids. My 7 year old can flat out rake. My 5 year old throws right, hits left. Yes!

I've met a lot of you guys on here either at DT's or Mariner matinee bar spots. Favorite M of all time - Harold Reynolds. Carried a baseball card of him in my back pocket during practice/games through HS. Was #4 forever as well.

Work a ton of hours, both kids are in all youth sports -- not a lot of time to be on a forum, but I appreciate that there are still some diehards that still say 'Go M's' even though we are the Detroit Lions of MLB. Ugh - I drink a lot.

Go Cougs - Go M's

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Good to see ya Woody!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:02 pm
Ha ha - thanks Rocky. Good to see you man --- WoodinvilleCoug here. 44 years old, grew up in Mountlake Terrace - graduated from Wazzu in '98. Been living in Woodinville for 10 years now. 2 kids (boys 7 and 5) -- Played ball through sophomore year in college - coached select ball for 10 years or so after graduating - now I coach my kids. My 7 year old can flat out rake. My 5 year old throws right, hits left. Yes!

I've met a lot of you guys on here either at DT's or Mariner matinee bar spots. Favorite M of all time - Harold Reynolds. Carried a baseball card of him in my back pocket during practice/games through HS. Was #4 forever as well.

Work a ton of hours, both kids are in all youth sports -- not a lot of time to be on a forum, but I appreciate that there are still some diehards that still say 'Go M's' even though we are the Detroit Lions of MLB. Ugh - I drink a lot.

Go Cougs - Go M's
Glad you found us brother.
dt

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sat May 04, 2019 2:13 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm
FOT9ADA.jpg
Nothing as sweet as a sleepin pooch!

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sat May 04, 2019 2:25 am

I’m Hy, lived in Seattle since 1991, native Washingtonian, DC!

Actually born in DC, Pop took me to see the old Yankees in Griffith Stadium, watched the Senators’ Murderers’ Row of Jim Lemon, Roy Sievers, Harmon Killebrew, and Bob Allison, the 1959 Rookie of the Year!

Mourned their move to Minnesota, then got the expansion team in 1961, which moved to Texas in 70. Ted Williams was the last mgr.

Retired as a State Parole Officer here in 2015, after 24 years, worked at the MD Penitentiary in the mean streets of Baltimore, 79-85.

My wife and I ran a nice I-Talian restaurant and tavern in NH, then moved to FL, I worked at the Zephyrhills Correctional Institution, then we sojourned here.

I look forward to Darren’s next baseball shindig!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 pm

Ben Davis here, aka "sexymarinersfan". I've had that same email since I was 18 years old, and I never stopped using it. My ex-gf recommended it when I was first learning how to use "THE INTERNET." I always thought it was funny, so I kept it. I grew up for 19 years in Aberdeen WA and started out a Kirby Puckett fan when I was 7 because my family is from the Midwest. That all changed when I turned 10 years old and "The Kid" came to Seattle.

Fast forward 21 years. I now live in Ft. Worth Texas. Been here 15 years. I just turned 40 years old and graduated with my Medical License in Radiology. I have a beautiful wife of 6 years and a 2 year old daughter. We go to most Rangers games when the M's are in town. Its rough, but fuck'em!! I've been to Spring Training the last 3 years in a row up until this one. My Mother-in law was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and we changed plans at the last minute. I'm a Christian, Republican, American, God-Fearing Husband, and Father. I love God and could care less about politics! And I LOVE the Mariners!!

Thank you to the people who built this site. Hopefully we can get some more pitching!

Go M's!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 05, 2019 12:17 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 pm
Ben Davis here, aka "sexymarinersfan". I've had that same email since I was 18 years old, and I never stopped using it. My ex-gf recommended it when I was first learning how to use "THE INTERNET." I always thought it was funny, so I kept it. I grew up for 19 years in Aberdeen WA and started out a Kirby Puckett fan when I was 7 because my family is from the Midwest. That all changed when I turned 10 years old and "The Kid" came to Seattle.

Fast forward 21 years. I now live in Ft. Worth Texas. Been here 15 years. I just turned 40 years old and graduated with my Medical License in Radiology. I have a beautiful wife of 6 years and a 2 year old daughter. We go to most Rangers games when the M's are in town. Its rough, but fuck'em!! I've been to Spring Training the last 3 years in a row up until this one. My Mother-in law was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and we changed plans at the last minute. I'm a Christian, Republican, American, God-Fearing Husband, and Father. I love God and could care less about politics! And I LOVE the Mariners!!

Thank you to the people who built this site. Hopefully we can get some more pitching!

Go M's!
Welcome we are in Elma right now.
dt