Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

bpj

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 am

Because people like you forget.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 am
Because people like you forget.
Attachments
tenor (4).gif
tenor (4).gif (93.4 KiB) Viewed 247 times

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 am

All I'm saying is when a player is ready, he doesn't have to suck his rookie season.

And when it comes down to it, the sophomore slump is a possibility should we scratch 2022 at this point so they can go through the growing pains, or will it actually be ok to try and win in the midst of what they can just call another another development year.

Meanwhile, we've wasted the final year of Seagers control/career, along with wasting service time of the Marco's and Hanigers who just want to win.

They should be going for the wild card. Make young players earn/force their way up by being the better option. Not the only option like Ackley and Smoak who get handed the position.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am
Mather’s video conference was extremely harmful to the Mariners organization. Not only did it hurt certain people within the organization, it sheds a bad light on the growing Mariners team.
Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?
I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.
Why so defensive? I was just wondering what "certain people" you think were hurt. The only ones i can think of are Dipoto and Stanton.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:35 am
All I'm saying is when a player is ready, he doesn't have to suck his rookie season.

And when it comes down to it, the sophomore slump is a possibility should we scratch 2022 at this point so they can go through the growing pains, or will it actually be ok to try and win in the midst of what they can just call another another development year.

Meanwhile, we've wasted the final year of Seagers control/career, along with wasting service time of the Marco's and Hanigers who just want to win.

They should be going for the wild card. Make young players earn/force their way up by being the better option. Not the only option.
I want to see how Kelenic does at Spring Training and the first part of the year. You might be right. I think Marco and Haniger are here for the next few years, which will be the beginning of our window. I believe Marco just signed a contract.

Covid set everybody back a year. There's no going back and changing that. We just have to deal with the loss of a year and move on.

I get your point on the young players having to force there way up. Word on the street is, Gilbert and Kelenic are pretty much ready.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 am

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am

Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?
I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.
Why so defensive? I was just wondering what "certain people" you think were hurt. The only ones i can think of are Dipoto and Stanton.
Not defensive at all. Just worn out. Its been a lonnnnnng day and I'm still at work in the ER.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 am
bpj wrote:

They should be going for the wild card. Make young players earn/force their way up by being the better option. Not the only option.
I want to see how Kelenic does at Spring Training and the first part of the year. You might be right. I think Marco and Haniger are here for the next few years, which will be the beginning of our window. I believe Marco just signed a contract.

Covid set everybody back a year. There's no going back and changing that. We just have to deal with the loss of a year and move on.

I get your point on the young players having to force there way up. Word on the street is, Gilbert and Kelenic are pretty much ready.
My problem is if they do ok they are 1 player short of making the playoffs imo.

The difference between making it may come down to not doing one or two stupid things- like signing Aoki coming off a concussion after he fell apart and Wade F****** Miley who was a meatballer.

Or, letting some bums and a prospect have control. In a playoff run, Kelenic should be forcing his way past a viable MLB option exactly like Eddie F. Rosario who could have been traded or DH'd if Seager got traded.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:50 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 am
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Not defensive at all. Just worn out. Its been a lonnnnnng day and I'm still at work in the ER.
Okay - sorry.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 am
bpj wrote:

My problem is if they do ok they are 1 player short of making the playoffs imo.

The difference between making it may come down to not doing one or two stupid things- like signing Aoki coming off a concussion after he fell apart and Wade F****** Miley who was a meatballer.

Or, letting some bums and a prospect have control. In a playoff run, Kelenic should be forcing his way past a viable MLB option exactly like Eddie F. Rosario who could have been traded or DH'd if Seager got traded.
Lmfaooooo "Eddie F. Rosario" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really wish we could've landed LaStella or Wong. Imagine the defense up the middle we would've had with Crawford and Wong.

I hear the M's are still looking for a 2B though.

I like Rosario. I think he'd be a great addition. I just don't see how he gets AB's when Kelenic arrives. Lets say its late April, mid May and he gets the call...what then do you just trade Eddie mid season his first year?

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 am

I know it's not a year to push it, but it's a fine year where if you're close, you can supplement the roster short term.

At the end if the year they better not be a few games short and struggle in LF all year while Kelenic has a 35% K rate in AA.

People were excited about Tyler O'Neill in AA also. I know Kelenic is supposedly can't miss, but he hasn't overwhelmed with the stats has he?

I wouldn't bet my season on it.

Signing Wong would have made me physically ill.
Last edited by bpj on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.