A new mock draft w. our 3 picks, signings and a couple trades

IStillLoveTheMs

A new mock draft w. our 3 picks, signings and a couple trades

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:03 am

Seahawks trade Jarran Reed to the Buffalo Bills for picks 145 5th round and 189 6th round. The Bills are in need of defensive interior talent and can afford to spend for one more year before they extend Allen. The Hawks save $3.1 million against the cap in the trade.

Seahawks cut Quandre Diggs and Tre Flowers which gives them $7 million more against the cap.

Seahawks restructure Wagner and Jackson's deal to clear additional cap space.

Seahawks sign either Dunlap or Clowney and add Antonio Brown at wideout to be right at the cap number when all is said and done.

That leaves these needs: Defensive Tackle, Safety, Corner

The Draft:

**TRADE** Seahawks trade Round 2 (56) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for picks Round 3 (65) and Round 4 (106).

Round 3 (65) Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa

Reed is gone and the Hawks need to find a quality interior rusher in the draft. Nixon had 5.5 sacks for Iowa in only 8 games in 2020. Super athletic for his size, he fills a hole that need a quality, cheap solution that the Hawks had been putting off for too long.

Round 4 (106) Andre Cisco S Syracuse

Cisco is a ballhawk safety and a whale of an athlete. In 24 career games Cisco had 14 picks. His tape really reminds me of Earl's... he's quick to diagnose the play and lays the boom taking precise angles to the ball carrier.

Round 4 (129) Tyson Campbell CB Georgia

Prototypical size the Hawks look for in the CB position at 6'2. He's also a press/zone corner which is exactly what we run. He replaces Flowers as a depth piece while Reed and Witherspoon get the bulk of the snaps so he can develop into a starter by year 2.

Round 5 (145) Brady Christiansen OT BYU

Played a solid left tackle at BYU protecting Zach Wilson's blind side. Is a solid athlete for his size and from what I can tell, he moves quite well. Hawks need to draft a tackle somewhere as both Duane Brown and Brandon Shell are free agents following the 2021 season. He projects better at right tackle int he NFL which is just fine.

Round 6 (189) Cornell Powell WR Clemson

Powell did virtually nothing his first 3 years at Clemson and then went off for 800+ yards receiving and 7 TD's his senior season. His final 6 games of his career he had 120+ receiving yards. He's got a big, muscular frame at 6'0 205 and looks the part with great route running, solid hands and YAC ability. Hawks look for their traditional diamond in the rough wideout and get one late.

Round 7 (250) Robert Jones OG Middle Tennessee St.

A tackle in college who will have to move to guard due to some limited athleticism... Jones is a mauler who had a great senior bowl showing. Very powerful in the run game who consistently moved his block well into the 2nd level from what I saw.

SeattleAddict

Re: A new mock draft w. our 3 picks, signings and a couple trades

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:51 pm

Good mock... my <useless> thoughts:

I think the Reed trade is very plausible. I actually expect this to happen.
Don't think they'll cut Diggs, though. The cap savings just isn't worth it, and he also should have pretty good trade value. Flowers can kick rocks though.
We should also be getting a 4th round compensatory pick for Griffin.

The only issue with the draft itself is all the big schools. You know the Seahawks will pick at least one obscure Div III guy.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:51 pm

Don't think they'll cut Diggs, though. The cap savings just isn't worth it, and he also should have pretty good trade value. Flowers can kick rocks though.

The only issue with the draft itself is all the big schools. You know the Seahawks will pick at least one obscure Div III guy.
from the projections i've seen Daviyon doesnt make it down the board that far to the 3rd round but nice if you can get it. i also agree on JReed getting traded, and like Addict, i think they retain Diggs one more year rather than relying on Blair this year, even at the expense of losing KJ. Antonio better come cheap if we sign him. Now a year removed from his many egregious off-field incidents perhaps his signing is more tolerable locally. then again in this city, hard to see a very warm welcome for him. recall all the ire over Frank Clark and that was one incident that was lacking actual evidence.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:05 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:

My guess is we get a 3rd for Griffin, but that wont be until 2022.

Diggs is the only logical cut they can make which saves them a significant amount of money w. no dead cap. I don't dislike Diggs, it's just there's a lot of quality players that get cut w. money in mind.

And my 7th round pick is from Middle Tenn lol.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:10 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:

from the projections i've seen Daviyon doesnt make it down the board that far to the 3rd round but nice if you can get it. i also agree on JReed getting traded, and like Addict, i think they retain Diggs one more year rather than relying on Blair this year, even at the expense of losing KJ. Antonio better come cheap if we sign him. Now a year removed from his many egregious off-field incidents perhaps his signing is more tolerable locally. then again in this city, hard to see a very warm welcome for him. recall all the ire over Frank Clark and that was one incident that was lacking actual evidence.
Yeah Idk, it's always tough to mock exact spots where these guys go. I generally give myself a 10-spot gap between where I've been seeing guys go and pick them somewhere in there.

I'm looking forward to Brooks taking over for KJ... at least I hope that happens... the D needs a little infusion of youth.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 am

Why trade Reed when you don't need to? You can get $30mill+ just by restructuring Wilson and Wagner so there really is no need to trade Reed.

Earl was a 1st rounder and probable HOF player so when you are using him as a comp for a 4th Rd pick like you did, you are either way over valuing the guy or way undervaluing Earl.