France to IL. Walton returning?

desbcoach

Re: France to IL. Walton returning?

Post by desbcoach » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:45 am

This guy isn’t coming for a while

Jarred Kelenic slapped an RBI double in Triple-A Tacoma's 15-6 loss to Las Vegas Monday, going 1-for-5 with a run scored on the night. The average since being sent down to Triple-A on June 7 isn't pretty -- he's hitting just .217 -- but the peripherals look solid as he has has five extra base hits and 10 RBIs in that span

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 am

Kyle Lewis
Ty France
James Paxton
Justin Dunn
Casey Sadler
Evan White
Nick Margevicius

Imagine where this roster would be if these guys were healthy. And yet here we are, 2 games over .500...

Can we just get a break already from the baseball gods for once in our damn lives!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

Teams have injuries, White Sox, Mets have had significant injuries. I brought it up before the season started, every year it seems to be, if only we stayed healthy. The way you deal with injuries is with depth

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 pm

... and that also exposes the absolute failure this organization has been at developing players through their minor league system that can come up and at least be better than replacement level when they fill in for injured vets. The successful teams seem to have guys at AAA who perform when they get called up.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:06 pm

seth8734 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:33 am
Damn it's confirmed. Mariners minors writer confirmed Walton removed to be called up. Damn losing one of our hottest hitters. On a roll now the wrist again. Damn May I feel for the guy needing Tommy John but ruining one of our weapons. Seager really really needs to step up now.
"Tommy John" Surgery is for replacement of the UCL in the elbow. I haven't heard of it being described as replacing a ligament in a wrist since the UCL isn't in the wrist. This injury is likely for something else and may have been brought on by his being HBP on his wrist on the 19th. I guess we'll find out.

I'm guessing it is something similar to carpal tunnel which is serious and may require surgery. If we are lucky, an extended period of rest might help it. We will know if he's back after the AS Break. I wish the M's were more forthcoming with information.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:06 pm
seth8734 wrote:
Damn it's confirmed. Mariners minors writer confirmed Walton removed to be called up. Damn losing one of our hottest hitters. On a roll now the wrist again. Damn May I feel for the guy needing Tommy John but ruining one of our weapons. Seager really really needs to step up now.
"Tommy John" Surgery is for replacement of the UCL in the elbow. I haven't heard of it being described as replacing a ligament in a wrist since the UCL isn't in the wrist. This injury is likely for something else and may have been brought on by his being HBP on his wrist on the 19th. I guess we'll find out.

I'm guessing it is something similar to carpal tunnel which is serious and may require surgery. If we are lucky, an extended period of rest might help it. We will know if he's back after the AS Break. I wish the M's were more forthcoming with information.
The wrist has a UCL where the Ulna meets with the carpal bones. UCL means Ulnar collateral ligament, meaning that its on the ulnar side of the arm. The UCL of the wrist connects the ulna to the triquetium I believe and is technically called the ulna (not ulnar) collateral ligament. Both are UCL though.

Heres the UCL in the Elbow

The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:43 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:17 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:14 am
The good news is Evan White didn't get the call.
I guess White had a stepback and he may go to the 60-day.
Great, can't drag down the offense from the 60 day!
🤣

Too bad he can still drag down the payroll budget from the 60-day
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 pm
ddraig wrote:
seth8734 wrote:

The wrist has a UCL where the Ulna meets with the carpal bones. UCL means Ulnar collateral ligament, meaning that its on the ulnar side of the arm. The UCL of the wrist connects the ulna to the triquetium I believe and is technically called the ulna (not ulnar) collateral ligament. Both are UCL though.
Damn, now that's some good technical information. Not great news, though. We have two guys essentially supplying decent firepower to the offense, Crawford and France... the rest of the club borders from under average to pathetic. Now we lose one of those two.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:31 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
ddraig wrote:
seth8734 wrote:

Cool! Thanks. but can they still call it "Tommy John" Surgery if it's in the wrist? If not, they can start calling it Ty France Surgery!

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
ddraig wrote:
seth8734 wrote:

Cool! Thanks. but can they still call it "Tommy John" Surgery if it's in the wrist? If not, they can start calling it Ty France Surgery!