Divish's OD roster projection

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Divish's OD roster projection

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:18 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:53 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:14 pm
Hoping for Hummel over La Stella. Given it is only 700k they might be willing to cut him if he isn't healthy...
Hummel is going to Tacoma to start. He’s got options and I think that was one of the biggest reasons they traded for him.
I think so too. Especially if the roster starts humming right out of the gate. But there are always nagging injuries. Hopefully we can get Calhoun and Moran to accept minor league assignments for some extra depth.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 am

Doubt Calhoun is interested in playing in Tacoma. He would go home and wait for his phone to ring

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:47 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:12 am
I was just listening to the Locked On podcast and they were talking briefly about something sourced by Churchill on his podcast, supposedly from front office people that he says he (Churchill) knows. Anyway, the rumor put forth by Churchill is that DiPoto is looking hard at other teams' pitching, and may even want to bring in a starter.

This could be bullshit. I'm not sure I believe in Churchill's supposed sources. But it's not implausible. Maybe we'll see both Marco and Flex get moved along with some minor leaguers to bring in someone more legit. I've no idea who that could be. One of the guys was speculating about Kenta Maeda, but he has no idea. I don't really see that as an upgrade anyway since the guy missed all of last year.
How can he possible look at this team and say it needs another starter over a LH Bat???? I call BS.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:51 am

6 vet starters and 4 potential rookie starters and Moran and La Stella and Hummel as the LH DH options and he wants another starter? Totally fine with going with JK in LF but scared shitless of going with a rookie starter. And why does he despise Flexen so much? He has been unspectacular but he has been a rock for two straight seasons and is treated like he is worthless.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:29 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:18 am
Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:
Hoping for Hummel over La Stella. Given it is only 700k they might be willing to cut him if he isn't healthy...
Hummel is going to Tacoma to start. He’s got options and I think that was one of the biggest reasons they traded for him.
I think so too. Especially if the roster starts humming right out of the gate. But there are always nagging injuries. Hopefully we can get Calhoun and Moran to accept minor league assignments for some extra depth.
Aren’t they both on minor league contracts? Maybe I misunderstand how those work.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:29 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Aren’t they both on minor league contracts? Maybe I misunderstand how those work.
Vets usually opt out of minor league contracts if they don't make the roster. Souza and Hamilton didn't last season though....
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:51 am
6 vet starters and 4 potential rookie starters and Moran and La Stella and Hummel as the LH DH options and he wants another starter? Totally fine with going with JK in LF but scared shitless of going with a rookie starter. And why does he despise Flexen so much? He has been unspectacular but he has been a rock for two straight seasons and is treated like he is worthless.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense unless you're bringing in a real name and how likely is that?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:25 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:29 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Vets usually opt out of minor league contracts if they don't make the roster. Souza and Hamilton didn't last season though....
Matt carpenter accepted one last season so who knows. Even then the rangers released him I guess, I don't understand that. The Yankees called him at home. I was thinking carpenter had refused the assignment, Calhoun would wait at home like carpenter had done last season

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:34 pm

Eeeee-van Whiiiite
Suuuuper-staarrrr

:lol:

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:31 am

Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:
That might not be far from the truth. La Stella was scratched several days ago for the Friday game:
from Roto:
February 24, 2023
La Stella will be sidelined for 5-6 days due to right arm soreness, Corey Brock of The Athletic reports.
ANALYSIS
La Stella had been slated to serve as the Mariners' designated hitter during Friday's Cactus League opener, but his injury has scuttled those plans. He'll have plenty of time to get ready for Opening Day, but it's not ideal for a guy who has dealt with plenty of injury issues the last couple years.

La Stella is another one of those guys that could pop: He was a good hitter for like 4-5 years there 2015 to 2020 he was a 110 OPS+ with an 81 OPS+ in the middle preventing it from being even higher. But the last 2 years he has been banged up. It looks like he may be one of the failures like J-up last year and unlike Saurez.
I hope we have a few of these dice rolls payoff big!