Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

harmony
Posts: 1807
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 pm
Location: Portland OR

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by harmony » Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:22 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:17 am
AZOldDawg wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:06 am
I like Suzuki but think we need another right handed bat. I would see if we could deal for Acuna or either Lopez or Walls I would be static. I could handle Cazone and Arroyo at DH
lol so when you get you age you get static instead of ecstatic?? :)

Lopez is a possibility but Walls is Brendan Ryan and Acuna isn't getting traded....
One year of a Brendan Ryan-esque Taylor Walls would be a great fit.

The frugal Tampa Bay Rays might be looking to shed Walls' 2027 salary of $3.1 million and former top prospect Carson Williams might ready to take over shortstop for the Rays. Walls should not cost much in a trade even if the Rays include three years of defensively adept righthand-hitting outfielder Jonny DeLuca, who has a projected 2027 salary of $1.7 million.
Last edited by harmony on Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:36 pm

GL_Storm wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:49 am
The major league minimum is $780,000. That will probably go up under the new CBA.
Just saw Raley is expected to get $3M. He is as good as gone...
dt

HawkandMariner88
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:41 am

If I was any one on the team I'd be asking for a trade.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:42 am

harmony wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:22 pm
D-train wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:17 am
AZOldDawg wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:06 am
I like Suzuki but think we need another right handed bat. I would see if we could deal for Acuna or either Lopez or Walls I would be static. I could handle Cazone and Arroyo at DH
lol so when you get you age you get static instead of ecstatic?? :)

Lopez is a possibility but Walls is Brendan Ryan and Acuna isn't getting traded....
One year of a Brendan Ryan-esque Taylor Walls would be a great fit.

The frugal Tampa Bay Rays might be looking to shed Walls' 2027 salary of $3.1 million and former top prospect Carson Williams might ready to take over shortstop for the Rays. Walls should not cost much in a trade even if the Rays include three years of defensively adept righthand-hitting outfielder Jonny DeLuca, who has a projected 2027 salary of $1.7 million.
Sure if we are trying to score even fewer runs...
dt

Post Reply