An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
-
Optimistic M's Fan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:05 pm
- Location: Hockwold, England
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
I'd love to get Seiya Suzuki for Left, trade Kirby or Hancock plus for Otto Lopez or CJ Abrams, and then add 2 relievers thru trade. With the budget going to 175-180, we would be able to pull that off. We add enough thump, defense, and shore up our weakness in relief. I would think this is pretty realistic actually.
Used to be Balefire UK, now I'm optimistic!
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
I hope that's sarcasm.Bil522 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:28 pmI think George Springer is needed. He is a clutch player when playing and could help them as a RH bat vs.Lefties.GL_Storm wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:05 pmWhat are they going to get with a larger payroll?Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:58 pmI am actually wondering if this is the offseason that we actually bump payroll above 180m. I know everyone will shit on it and say no, but they HAVE to be feeling the pressure from this season. An extra 15 mil or so wont break them and they have to figure that will take the heat off them a bit. It genuinely wont shock me if thats the case.
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
He'll be looking for a longer deal. Maybe you can get him for 4 years but he'll probably get 5. I wouldn't go more than 2 years.Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:30 pmI'd love to get Seiya Suzuki for Left, trade Kirby or Hancock plus for Otto Lopez or CJ Abrams, and then add 2 relievers thru trade. With the budget going to 175-180, we would be able to pull that off. We add enough thump, defense, and shore up our weakness in relief. I would think this is pretty realistic actually.
-
Optimistic M's Fan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:05 pm
- Location: Hockwold, England
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
If not Suzuki, what about trading for Riley Green. I would happily roll with an outfield of Green, Julio and Canzone.
Used to be Balefire UK, now I'm optimistic!
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Its so funny, If 100 people read this post and this was the first post of yours they ever read and were asked what they thought your age and politics were I bet that at least 95 would say you are a middle aged Conservative. And that goes for everyone of your philosophical Mariner/Julio posts.Seattle or Bust wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:29 pmPersonally, I do not understand how in today's era... OF ALL ERAS... that organizations believe player's managers are the answer.
There has never been less focus and accountability in sports than displayed by the coming generation of athletes, particularly in baseball.
I was listening to Puck who I believe was on with Bill Krueger... Krueger mentioned that Dan's blind spot lied in the fact that he was a very focused, self-motivated, self-preparing player himself. Bill said he believed Dan thought all players are like that and didn't know how to manage players who weren't.
News flash... there's a lot of guys in this era who need guidance. It's not 1995... the mindset has changed.
dt
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
No actually the don't HAVE to be feeling any pressure. Watch or Read the Stanton interviews. He will stick to his guns until the worms are feasting on his corpse.Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:58 pmI am actually wondering if this is the offseason that we actually bump payroll above 180m. I know everyone will shit on it and say no, but they HAVE to be feeling the pressure from this season. An extra 15 mil or so wont break them and they have to figure that will take the heat off them a bit. It genuinely wont shock me if thats the case.
dt
-
Seattle or Bust
- Posts: 11967
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:09 pm
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Couldn't be.D-train wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:56 pmIts so funny, If 100 people read this post and this was the first post of yours they ever read and were asked what they thought your age and politics were I bet that at least 95 would say you are a middle aged Conservative. And that goes for everyone of your philosophical Mariner/Julio posts.Seattle or Bust wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:29 pmPersonally, I do not understand how in today's era... OF ALL ERAS... that organizations believe player's managers are the answer.
There has never been less focus and accountability in sports than displayed by the coming generation of athletes, particularly in baseball.
I was listening to Puck who I believe was on with Bill Krueger... Krueger mentioned that Dan's blind spot lied in the fact that he was a very focused, self-motivated, self-preparing player himself. Bill said he believed Dan thought all players are like that and didn't know how to manage players who weren't.
News flash... there's a lot of guys in this era who need guidance. It's not 1995... the mindset has changed.![]()
I actually believe in holding millionaires accountable
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
That's possible. It's a good hitter/bad outfielder profile. He's also slow. But the bat seems to be legit. He looks to me like a 35 to 40 win player over his career if he can stay in the outfield. He's the type of player, in my view, that should have been developed as a first baseman. It really depends on the Tigers and what they want to do with him.Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:41 pmIf not Suzuki, what about trading for Riley Green. I would happily roll with an outfield of Green, Julio and Canzone.
An outfield of Greene, Julio, and Canzone would be strong offensively but probably the worst defensive outfield in the game. Maybe that's okay though.
-
Optimistic M's Fan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:05 pm
- Location: Hockwold, England
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
I agree. But if we can upgrade at SS or 3b, We could have a fairly good defensive infield, a better bench, and an OF with a bit more thump could make a hell of a difference.
Used to be Balefire UK, now I'm optimistic!
Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Would be just like us to pull a guy with one foot in retirement and put him in our lineup...Bil522 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:28 pmI think George Springer is needed. He is a clutch player when playing and could help them as a RH bat vs.Lefties.GL_Storm wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:05 pmWhat are they going to get with a larger payroll?Optimistic M's Fan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:58 pmI am actually wondering if this is the offseason that we actually bump payroll above 180m. I know everyone will shit on it and say no, but they HAVE to be feeling the pressure from this season. An extra 15 mil or so wont break them and they have to figure that will take the heat off them a bit. It genuinely wont shock me if thats the case.
https://heavy.com/sports/mlb/toronto-bl ... eculation/
Dude is freakin 37 yo, 2 years older than Refsnyder and Pollack were and put up 0.6 WAR and a 99 OPS+
BUT HE IS RIGHT HANDED!!!! LOL
dt