The Debates

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: The Debates

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:04 pm

Christie: "If you want something said, ask a healthy good looking person; if you want something done, ask a fat troll." :lol:
You got that one wrong.
Christie: If you want something said, it better be "super-size" it.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:53 pm
Yeah, I'm sure there were people that liked her but I think she felt generally disliked. Heck Winston Churchill was disliked, he was canned as soon as the war was over. But they were both successful
By "the war" I assume you mean WWII?
WWII ended September 2, 1945
Churchill resigned on April 5th, 1955

I don't know if 10 YEARS qualifies as "as soon as the war was over".
He also had to resign as the other party was voted into power. So it isn't like the voting populous "handed him his hat" and kicked him in the ass.

PLEASE......do your research.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:17 pm
Ha! A bit of Terry information. You spent the money and time to visit but were not appreciated for it. You don't need to elaborate but that's been a real mystery. I was thinking some sort of fight but that makes sense now. That piss me the fuck off. It's worse than a fight. A fight you make up afterwards, getting blown off is just getting blown off, it's indifference, again I'm projecting.
Yep MFer invited me there, he was there for months and didn't even bother to get his cell phone functional so no means of communication other than I will meet you at this time here tomorrow. Insanity.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:18 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:04 pm
Christie: "If you want something said, ask a healthy good looking person; if you want something done, ask a fat troll." :lol:
You got that one wrong.
Christie: If you want something said, it better be "super-size" it.
:lol:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:08 pm

Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure there were people that liked her but I think she felt generally disliked. Heck Winston Churchill was disliked, he was canned as soon as the war was over. But they were both successful

He also had to resign as the other party was voted into power. So it isn't like the voting populous "handed him his hat" and kicked him in the ass.

Do yours, he was PM twice, 1940 to 1945, and again from 1951 to 1955. And yes they handed his hat. His wartime popularity melted away. He wasn't viewed as a peacetime PM. Disliked probably wasn't accurate, not trusted...
The election's campaigning was focused on leadership of the country and its postwar future. Churchill sought to use his wartime popularity as part of his campaign to keep the Conservatives in power after a wartime coalition had been in place since 1940 with the other political parties, but he faced questions from public opinion surrounding the Conservatives' actions in the 1930s and his ability to handle domestic issues unrelated to warfare

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:46 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:57 pm

Yeah, trump doesn't have a reason to debate. Only bad things could happen.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:08 pm
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

Do yours, he was PM twice, 1940 to 1945, and again from 1951 to 1955. And yes they handed his hat. His wartime popularity melted away. He wasn't viewed as a peacetime PM. Disliked probably wasn't accurate, not trusted...
The election's campaigning was focused on leadership of the country and its postwar future. Churchill sought to use his wartime popularity as part of his campaign to keep the Conservatives in power after a wartime coalition had been in place since 1940 with the other political parties, but he faced questions from public opinion surrounding the Conservatives' actions in the 1930s and his ability to handle domestic issues unrelated to warfare
So he was removed from power because his political party wasn't in power any longer.
That is hardly being handed his hat.

As for his stint from 51 to 55, he was 80 years old and retired.

Straight from the wiki page on Churchill:
General election, July 1945
Main article: 1945 United Kingdom general election
Churchill mishandled the election campaign by resorting to party politics and trying to denigrate Labour.[406] On 4 June, he committed a serious political gaffe by saying in a radio broadcast that a Labour government would require "some form of Gestapo" to enforce its agenda.[407][408] It backfired badly and Attlee made political capital by saying in his reply broadcast next day: "The voice we heard last night was that of Mr Churchill, but the mind was that of Lord Beaverbrook". Jenkins says that this broadcast was "the making of Attlee".[409]

Although polling day was 5 July, the results of the election did not become known until 26 July, owing to the need to collect the votes of those serving overseas. Clementine and daughter Mary had been at the count in Woodford, Churchill's new constituency in Essex, and had returned to Downing Street to meet him for lunch. Churchill was unopposed by the major parties in Woodford, but his majority over a sole independent candidate was much less than expected. He now anticipated defeat by Labour and Mary later described the lunch as "an occasion of Stygian gloom".[410][411] To Clementine's suggestion that election defeat might be "a blessing in disguise", Churchill retorted: "At the moment it seems very effectively disguised".[410]

That afternoon Churchill's doctor Lord Moran (so he later recorded in his book The Struggle for Survival) commiserated with him on the "ingratitude" of the British public, to which Churchill replied: "I wouldn't call it that. They have had a very hard time".[411] Having lost the election, despite enjoying much personal support amongst the British population, he resigned as Prime Minister that evening and was succeeded by Attlee who formed the first majority Labour government.[412][413][414][415] Many reasons have been given for Churchill's defeat, key among them being that a desire for post-war reform was widespread amongst the population and that the man who had led Britain in war was not seen as the man to lead the nation in peace.[416][417] Although the Conservative Party was unpopular, many electors appear to have wanted Churchill to continue as Prime Minister whatever the outcome, or to have wrongly believed that this would be possible.[418]

So, it was his party being beaten.....not him being put out to pasture and hated.

Come on Donn, I expect better.

*********AND**********

More from that wiki page:

Prime Minister: 1951–1955
Main article: Second premiership of Winston Churchill
Further information: Third Churchill ministry
Election result and cabinet appointments

Churchill with Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Princess Anne, 10 February 1953
Despite losing the popular vote to Labour, the Conservatives won an overall majority of 17 seats in the October 1951 general election and Churchill again became Prime Minister, remaining in office until his resignation on 5 April 1955.[429] Eden, his eventual successor, was restored to Foreign Affairs, the portfolio with which Churchill was preoccupied throughout his tenure.[430] Future Prime Minister Harold Macmillan was appointed Minister of Housing and Local Government with a manifesto commitment to build 300,000 new houses per annum, Churchill's only real domestic concern. He achieved the target and, in October 1954, was promoted to Minister of Defence.[431]

Health issues to eventual resignation
Churchill was nearly 77 when he took office and was not in good health following several minor strokes.[432] By December 1951, George VI had become concerned about Churchill's decline and intended asking him to stand down in favour of Eden, but the King had his own serious health issues and died on 6 February 1952 without making the request.[433] Churchill developed a close friendship with Elizabeth II and, in the spring of 1953, he accepted the Order of the Garter at her request.[434] He was knighted as Sir Winston on 24 April 1953.[435] It was widely expected that he would retire after the Queen's Coronation in June 1953 but, after Eden became seriously ill, Churchill increased his own responsibilities by taking over at the Foreign Office.[436][437][438] Eden was incapacitated until the end of the year and was never completely well again.[439]

On the evening of 23 June 1953, Churchill suffered a serious stroke and became partially paralysed down one side. Had Eden been well, Churchill's premiership would most likely have been over. The matter was kept secret and Churchill went home to Chartwell to recuperate. He had fully recovered by November.[440][441][442] He retired as Prime Minister in April 1955 and was succeeded by Eden.[443]

NOT HANDED HIS HAT YOU DUMBASS

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:32 pm

You highlighted it yourself and I'm the dumb ass lol...He was defeated, after leading the country to victory in WW2 he was handed his hat and told, we don't need you anymore. We don't see you as the man to lead us in peace. That's is what I was referring to, this is as slow as I can say it.
Many reasons have been given for Churchill's defeat, key among them being that a desire for post-war reform was widespread amongst the population and that the man who had led Britain in war was not seen as the man to lead the nation in peace.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:55 pm

I'll print this very slow in hopes you understand....

HIS

PARTY

LOST

THE

ELECTION

AND

THE

PRIMINISTER

IS

THE

LEADER

OF

THEIR

PARTY

Seriously Donn, pull your head out of your ass.

Let's compare it to 2022. Was Nancy handed her hat and kicked out in shame? No, she wasn't. Her party was no longer in power so there was another Speaker of the House FOR THE OTHER POLITIAL PARTY.