Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Michael K.

Re: Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:19 am

Well, money isn't everything. It's a shit ton of money here or there. But, again, that might be the best job in America, and has been for what? Over a decade?

Honestly? I think he'll stay, but I'm not sure if that is just me being a homer.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:45 am

Aside from it being Alabama, you're being asked to replace the greatest college football coach ever. That certainly be a challenge but it's hard for me to imagine turning that down.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:12 pm

dt

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm

In Alabama he's almost assured of challenging for the title every year whereas here he'll be lucky to do it once every 5 years - lets be realistic guys. It would be a pretty hard job to pass up if they offered it to him - but he could just be using it as leverage to get a better deal with UW? Who knows.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:12 pm
Sounds like the U is going to need a new coach. I'd offer DeBoer the moon to stay here, but it is awfully hard to turn down the opportunity to coach at Alabama. Still, I'd offer more!

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm

Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm
In Alabama he's almost assured of challenging for the title every year whereas here he'll be lucky to do it once every 5 years - lets be realistic guys. It would be a pretty hard job to pass up if they offered it to him - but he could just be using it as leverage to get a better deal with UW? Who knows.
I don't know about that. With the expanded Playoff, There is no reason he couldn't have the Dawgs in contention every year. If he isn't good enough to do that why would we care so much about keeping him in the first place?

Also if he goes 10-2 for a couple of years in Alabama, he will be getting death threats from the fan base and probably be shown the door.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:29 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm
I don't know about that. With the expanded Playoff, There is no reason he couldn't have the Dawgs in contention every year. If he isn't good enough to do that why would we care so much about keeping him in the first place?

Also if he goes 10-2 for a couple of years in Alabama, he will be getting death threats from the fan base and probably be shown the door.
Yep, Mike Price probably regrets taking that job. lol I guess I am wired different. I wouldn't leave UW for Alabama for many reasons.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:34 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Well, probably because with whoever UW hires as their new head coach they will be lucky to contend for a title once in the next 20 years.
Captain 97 wrote:
I hope so. UW offered him well over $10 mil per. All the shit he spewed about wanting to stay and build a great program here, fuck'em. He was full of it.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 pm

I wonder if Chris Peterson is getting tired of the broadcast booth.