Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:59 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 am
Not following that thread line, but yeah, I think they feel COVID set things back, and not sure that's financial as it was player development
Yes, and bringing 15 of the top prospects to Tacoma so they could train with major league coaches helped to mitigate some of that. What more could they have done development-wise than to rush guys like Kelenic and Gilbert to the majors for a 60 game season on a team that wasn't going to contend even if those prospects played well? Did anyone on this forum last year think they should promote them to the majors under that scenario?
Does anyone have a list of who was actually brought up. He mentioned 15 of the top prospects. Curious what 15 they were referring to. It didn't sound lke it was guys like Kelenic and Gilbert.
It's on this page under"Re-assigned to alternate training site".

https://marinersblog.mlblogs.com/marine ... 7b0f4281e9

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
Gametime wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm
I do have an issue with Stanton. Not reaching out to the players that were addressed by this guy isn't cool in my mind. He has done wrong in my eyes. Saying he will address it when he see them, that a flipping cop out. Just crazy bad.

Call the guys addressed in this right away. Sorry, I disagree with Stanton doing no wrong in this.
How do you know he hasn't? You are entitled to your prerogative.

He flipping said he hasn’t yet. He said he would when he see them next. So wrong. Call the ones right away that were pointed out.

If you think that it is ok waiting to apologize, I don’t understand your point of view one bit. He said he would talk to them next time he sees them. This organization has a problem. Flat out.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 am

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am
Reading the Passon piece...Mather calling it a lapse of judgement. A lapse of judgment would have been a single flub, that was the entire session, that wasn't a lapse of judgment. Passon pointing out a number of things were not even true. Which gets to motivation, what was he after? Seems to me self promotion wasn't it? That kind of behavior, making himself bigger, more important? That's kind of wild coming from a CEO. In terms of Stanton, that was the guy they had running their baseball team. I doubt Mathers went through some sort of transformation when opened that zoom meeting
What things weren't true, or did he say?
Think he was getting at embelishing stories, Hanniger has denied the comments he atributed to him for instance. He felt the need to tell various stories and also stretch them.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:14 am

This was the only comment he attributed to Haniger...
Mitch Haniger has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder as we talk about our prospects and these young kids. He’s mentioned more than once, what about me?
I can see why he would want to distance himself from that. Makes him sound like a 7 year old.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 am

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am
Mather’s video conference was extremely harmful to the Mariners organization. Not only did it hurt certain people within the organization, it sheds a bad light on the growing Mariners team.
Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?
I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:22 am

Gametime wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
Gametime wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm
I do have an issue with Stanton. Not reaching out to the players that were addressed by this guy isn't cool in my mind. He has done wrong in my eyes. Saying he will address it when he see them, that a flipping cop out. Just crazy bad.

Call the guys addressed in this right away. Sorry, I disagree with Stanton doing no wrong in this.
How do you know he hasn't? You are entitled to your prerogative.

He flipping said he hasn’t yet. He said he would when he see them next. So wrong. Call the ones right away that were pointed out.

If you think that it is ok waiting to apologize, I don’t understand your point of view one bit. He said he would talk to them next time he sees them. This organization has a problem. Flat out.
I thought he had issued a formal apology. There you go. Now is it a specific call out to each and every single person involved? No. That will and should be done face to face down in Spring Training. So he apologized right away. Maybe not in the way you thought he should, but he did.
Attachments
20210223_002014.jpg

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:25 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am
Part of not rushing it would be filling your MLB gaps and letting your minor league kids force their way up instead of planning on their arrival like it's a sure thing.
Not if the #4 prospect in all of baseball is going to be manning one of those gaps it doesn't. I'm not blocking my superstar for a designated waiver wire bat first left fielder that was let go by his original team, in a year where the team isn't "Going for it". This year should be about watching the rookies and observing the youngsters so that you can have a core foundation in which to build upon down the road in 2022.
The 21 year old #4 prospect from AA.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:25 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am
Part of not rushing it would be filling your MLB gaps and letting your minor league kids force their way up instead of planning on their arrival like it's a sure thing.
Not if the #4 prospect in all of baseball is going to be manning one of those gaps it doesn't. I'm not blocking my superstar for a designated waiver wire bat first left fielder that was let go by his original team, in a year where the team isn't "Going for it". This year should be about watching the rookies and observing the youngsters so that you can have a core foundation in which to build upon down the road in 2022.
The 21 year old #4 prospect from AA.
Yes exactly!

Griffey was 19.
Attachments
1211682906.jpeg

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am

I'm old enough to remember top 25 prospect Jeremy Reed and Dustin Ackley.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am
I'm old enough to remember top 25 prospect Jeremy Reed and Dustin Ackley.
Man I was so broken hearted over Ackley. Why you gotta bring up touchy subjects lol. :lol: