Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Hasslecracked

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm

I just hope Stanton can get in there and repair relationships with the players. Our rebuild hinges on whatever happens next

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am
Mather’s video conference was extremely harmful to the Mariners organization. Not only did it hurt certain people within the organization, it sheds a bad light on the growing Mariners team.
Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?
I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.
But if you believe that Mather acts and acted alone and now he is gone then problem solved. I think it naïve to think that Mather was on an island talking to himself all the time. The company culture has allowed him to exist as a leader for almost a decade.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 am

I want to see how Kelenic does at Spring Training and the first part of the year. You might be right. I think Marco and Haniger are here for the next few years, which will be the beginning of our window. I believe Marco just signed a contract.

Covid set everybody back a year. There's no going back and changing that. We just have to deal with the loss of a year and move on.

I get your point on the young players having to force there way up. Word on the street is, Gilbert and Kelenic are pretty much ready.
My problem is if they do ok they are 1 player short of making the playoffs imo.

The difference between making it may come down to not doing one or two stupid things- like signing Aoki coming off a concussion after he fell apart and Wade F****** Miley who was a meatballer.

Or, letting some bums and a prospect have control. In a playoff run, Kelenic should be forcing his way past a viable MLB option exactly like Eddie F. Rosario who could have been traded or DH'd if Seager got traded.
Lmfaooooo "Eddie F. Rosario" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really wish we could've landed LaStella or Wong. Imagine the defense up the middle we would've had with Crawford and Wong.

I hear the M's are still looking for a 2B though.

I like Rosario. I think he'd be a great addition. I just don't see how he gets AB's when Kelenic arrives. Lets say its late April, mid May and he gets the call...what then do you just trade Eddie mid season his first year?
Eddie could give Mitch days off, Kyle Lewis days off and DH when France give our INFers days off. All for $8M a season. And yes you could flip him mid season.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am
Reading the Passon piece...Mather calling it a lapse of judgement. A lapse of judgment would have been a single flub, that was the entire session, that wasn't a lapse of judgment. Passon pointing out a number of things were not even true. Which gets to motivation, what was he after? Seems to me self promotion wasn't it? That kind of behavior, making himself bigger, more important? That's kind of wild coming from a CEO. In terms of Stanton, that was the guy they had running their baseball team. I doubt Mathers went through some sort of transformation when opened that zoom meeting
Exactly. I saw someone basically telling people how smart he was and looking like a complete jackass doing it.
The lapse of judgment he spoke of was undoubtedly to be candid and open about his view of issues pertaining to the Mariners, even though he believed his words would remain private. If you guys want to live in a society where everyone speaks in platitudes and pc/cya-babble then yesterday was a good day in the evolution of human freedom and genuineness in social interaction. What you should be worried about is what will fester underneath that shiny veneer of wokeness.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Where was it in his talk that Mathers stated that the Mariners manipulate player's service time so that they can get the most production out of them while they are under team control? I've been trying to find it but can't. It seems to be a big talking point of Schmuck Powell on KJR this morning. I get that that is probably something that factors into decisions by GMs throughout the majors, but didn't Mathers explain their stance on player development as a product of the cancellation of minor league games and the shortened MLB season due to Covid? And beyond that, have Kelenic and Gilbert put in more time in the minors than similar prospects in other organizations?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 am
Hard to use covid as an excuse for a wasted year, while expecting Kelenic to make the jump out of spring training in the same breath.

I think the real difference is that you guys don't see a playoff team if they made sure the leaks were filled, and I see them fighting for it down two games in September.
I hope they do. I got them pegged for 82 wins in a 154 game format.
They are playing 162 games. I will have another $100 wins contest which I will post in a month.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:28 pm
Yeah, believe you are correct. The thing about him being rushed is revisionism, no evidence of it. Put up great numbers in the minors and hit his first season in the majors

His minor league career
. He rapidly moved from the Javelinas (2010, R) ->Jackson Generals (2010, AA)->Tacoma Rainiers (2011, AAA)->Seattle Mariners (2011, MLB).
During those two years in the minors he accumulated a triple slash line of .315/.432/.516 and an impressive wOBA+ of .419!
He walked a lot (17.1%) and didn’t strike out a lot (12.7%)
Totally agree he was NOT rushed. I think bpj's point was that nobody is a guarantee.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm
Where was it in his talk that Mathers stated that the Mariners manipulate player's service time so that they can get the most production out of them while they are under team control? I've been trying to find it but can't. It seems to be a big talking point of Schmuck Powell on KJR this morning. I get that that is probably something that factors into decisions by GMs throughout the majors, but didn't Mathers explain their stance on player development as a product of the cancellation of minor league games and the shortened MLB season due to Covid? And beyond that, have Kelenic and Gilbert put in more time in the minors than similar prospects in other organizations?
Yeah I actually agree there that the connection is tenuous at based based on his comments. Actually surprised he didn't just come out and blatantly say it given all the "candor" he displayed.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm

btw I feel like I owe Mather a thank card for getting the forum all fired up. There has been more posts since Sunday than the past two months combined. lol Great discussions btw and thanks to all for remaining civil for the most part.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
btw I feel like I owe Mather a thank card for getting the forum all fired up. There has been more posts since Sunday than the past two months combined. lol Great discussions btw and thanks to all for remaining civil for the most part.
Yeah, it's rich when our upper management starts to give us peons, yokels, and rubes actual insider information from the aristocratic management geniuses.... can hardly wait to see who is next to fuck up.... BTW, I was thinking the Mariners did not sign a single position player to a major league contract this winter (is this true?)