Post by Hy Feiber » Sun May 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Had some great laughs, Terry!

#FetidTurdsMatter!

D-train

Re: Stone on the step back

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 6:40 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:40 am
Plenty of options to never ever worry about getting a guy like Braden Bishop playing time. It shouldn't even be a consideration unless he starts hitting for a 1.000 OPS in AAA for an extended period.
If you are going to wait for a CF to hit 1.000 for an extended period of time you before you ever promote them you are going to be waiting a long time.

I like Bishop as a 4th OFer and it doesn't hurt to give him playing time in a going nowhere season. Just dumping Mallex is addition by subtraction.
dt

bpj

Re: Stone on the step back

Post by bpj » Mon May 27, 2019 11:01 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:40 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:40 am
Plenty of options to never ever worry about getting a guy like Braden Bishop playing time. It shouldn't even be a consideration unless he starts hitting for a 1.000 OPS in AAA for an extended period.
If you are going to wait for a CF to hit 1.000 for an extended period of time you before you ever promote them you are going to be waiting a long time.

I like Bishop as a 4th OFer and it doesn't hurt to give him playing time in a going nowhere season. Just dumping Mallex is addition by subtraction.
I think that's what it would take to be better at the mlb level than Haniger and I think Haniger should set the bar because you already showed the mile-long list of corner outfielders that are soon to be available.

I see no reason for a weak CF when Haniger could move to CF to accommodate another great corner outfielder instead of adding another in a long line of weak center fielders. And corner outfielders for that matter.

We should have traded for Ozuna or Yelich instead of Dee Gordon, for example, lol.

In my opinion if we hope to contend in 2021 we need to get the pieces in place asap because even the best players can slump for half a season or more after going to a new team and getting acclimated.