Virus Schmirus

D-train

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:06 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:30 pm
You know, I like Acosta and I watch some CNN along with multiple other news networks... but the guy does tend to ask "gotcha" questions. Jim, Jim, Jim... ask questions leading us to new information, please. The stuff he asked the last two days is already public knowledge.
Exactly, they should be asking tough questions but the objective should go beyond getting pats on the back from your fellow like minded colleagues. I NEVER watched Fox News prior to 2016. Used to watch CNN all the time. Now they are down to maybe one or two non biased reporters. Everyone else pretends to be neutral but are blatantly biased. Fox has a lot of conservatives but they make it clear who is who. And they even have Juan Williams and some other Dem pollster woman.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 am

The giant Petrie dish in Mexico could be where this thing gets completely out of control.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:38 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 am
The giant Petrie dish in Mexico could be where this thing gets completely out of control.
Possibly, but they would need people wanting to come in to the country first

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:41 am

maoling wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 pm
bpj wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:40 pm
Cuoma saying hospital discharges going up......
Lol you see the guy has pierced nips?

Has anyone ever met a conservative man with their nipples pierced? I even met one with his belly button pierced, and dude had a wife. Such a weird lot.
I'm not sure about his politics, but a piercing was named after Prince Albert.
...and a pipe tobacco was named after him, as well.
DMM

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:13 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:30 pm
You know, I like Acosta and I watch some CNN along with multiple other news networks... but the guy does tend to ask "gotcha" questions. Jim, Jim, Jim... ask questions leading us to new information, please. The stuff he asked the last two days is already public knowledge.
From 8 years as Obama lap dogs to pitbulls on January 20, 2017, Trump’s First Day, it’s a miracle!

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 pm
Been thinking about the 100-200k deaths they have been pushing with zero data to back it up. Everyone freaks out and says that horrible Trump, how could he kill 200k Americans???

Well it just occurred to me that it could be a brilliant two fold strategy.

1. It scares the idiots into social distancing.

2. When the deaths end up being 10-15k Trump looks like a hero for saving over 100k lives.

Fauci and Brix go along with it knowing that estimate might be possible with no social distancing because of #1. Exaggerate to saves lives. The ends justify the means.

Trump obviously loves it because of #2.

This is EXACTLY what is happening.

Brix just the other day said that models pushing the high death numbers were highly overblown. Now shes back on the panic train again.

Coronavirus is a disease deserving our attention but the handling of all of this has been pure games, with us at the expense. Lying about facemasks so we won't buy them. Lying about the "models" so that we will all stay inside. Governors racing to see who can wield the most power and exert their will upon their residents.

Sick of every last bit of it.

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:15 am

I'm not going to get into the who is wrong and who right but I will say there is enough blame to go around. I just came on here to wish you all good luck with what is going on.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm

godawgs28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 am
D-train wrote:
Been thinking about the 100-200k deaths they have been pushing with zero data to back it up. Everyone freaks out and says that horrible Trump, how could he kill 200k Americans???

2. When the deaths end up being 10-15k Trump looks like a hero for saving over 100k lives.

Fauci and Brix go along with it knowing that estimate might be possible with no social distancing because of #1. Exaggerate to saves lives. The ends justify the means.

Brix just the other day said that models pushing the high death numbers were highly overblown. Now shes back on the panic train again.

Coronavirus is a disease deserving our attention but the handling of all of this has been pure games, with us at the expense. Lying about facemasks so we won't buy them. Lying about the "models" so that we will all stay inside. Governors racing to see who can wield the most power and exert their will upon their residents.

Nailed it. Could not believe how many tweets I saw saying the NFL was CRAZY for thinking the season might start on time. Its FIVE F-ing MONTHS away!!! People buying into whatever they are told without ever looking at any numbers with a critical eye. I have never been so thankful I am good at math as I am now.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm
godawgs28 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 am
D-train wrote:

Nailed it. Could not believe how many tweets I saw saying the NFL was CRAZY for thinking the season might start on time. Its FIVE F-ing MONTHS away!!! People buying into whatever they are told without ever looking at any numbers with a critical eye. I have never been so thankful I am good at math as I am now.
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/12 ... 2748019712

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:54 pm

the models were based on no action being taken to mitigate the spread weren't they?