Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Moe Gibbs » Tue May 12, 2020 4:14 pm

gil wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:12 am
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:41 am

Thanks for this "INTEL" because it does my heart good to hear this. In fact I'm very surprised. To be fair..if those kids felt like they needed to be "Pro Trump" in order to get a good grade from you..well you know how the rest of that goes.
Secret ballot.
If I were a teacher and my class voted 17-7 for Trump in a secret ballot, I'd flunk the whole group. The 7 who voted Hillary would just be collateral damage. <<< OK, I hope you realize I'm making a (probably really bad) joke. But I'd like to argue that there are a lot of teachers who do NOT indoctrinate, but it seems that a lot of the posters here are assuming that if someone is a "liberal" teacher, he or she is going to try to turn the kids into a bunch of lefties. Seriously, what percentage of teachers do you think do this? (And by the way, IMO even ONE person doing it is too many.)

I don't doubt that the political left is overrepresented in the teaching profession, compared to the general population. But I am pretty sure that most teachers are as fair as they can be, just like most human beings are. Most people take professional responsibilities pretty seriously.
The Globalist propaganda I intercepted from my grand daughter looked like a District wide or Statewide worksheet that is provided for all teachers to hand out.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:13 pm
World baseball classic which was to be played almost a YEAR from now is cancelled. Now that I think of it the should cancel all sports for at least the next Five years, you know just to super duper extra safe. Get the risk of someone getting affected down to one in a trillion.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 8423264257
We might have enjoyed the last wbc ........That was a really unique experience complete with drums and every noise maker in existence
Yes! Just an awesome baseball Junket that Spring. Great times that I will never forget and I didn't let Smyly's soggy arm dampen my experience in the least. :)
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 pm

10,000 views! Bet nothing else on this forum has had 10,000 views. Maybe the old ST forum.
DMM

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed May 13, 2020 2:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
D-train wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:13 pm
World baseball classic which was to be played almost a YEAR from now is cancelled. Now that I think of it the should cancel all sports for at least the next Five years, you know just to super duper extra safe. Get the risk of someone getting affected down to one in a trillion.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 8423264257
We might have enjoyed the last wbc ........That was a really unique experience complete with drums and every noise maker in existence
Yes! Just an awesome baseball Junket that Spring. Great times that I will never forget and I didn't let Smyly's soggy arm dampen my experience in the least. :)
That season it seemed like we were ready to make a run......couldn’t be farther from reality....and Smyley was just the beginning of it

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed May 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 pm
10,000 views! Bet nothing else on this forum has had 10,000 views. Maybe the old ST forum.
Excuse me from my ignorance...but where do you find the number of views :?:

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed May 13, 2020 2:38 pm

If you look at the main page in regular "desktop mode" on phone or from an actual computer it shows more columns.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (66.05 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

That season it seemed like we were ready to make a run......couldn’t be farther from reality....and Smyley was just the beginning of it
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Secret ballot.
If I were a teacher and my class voted 17-7 for Trump in a secret ballot, I'd flunk the whole group. The 7 who voted Hillary would just be collateral damage. <<< OK, I hope you realize I'm making a (probably really bad) joke. But I'd like to argue that there are a lot of teachers who do NOT indoctrinate, but it seems that a lot of the posters here are assuming that if someone is a "liberal" teacher, he or she is going to try to turn the kids into a bunch of lefties. Seriously, what percentage of teachers do you think do this? (And by the way, IMO even ONE person doing it is too many.)

I don't doubt that the political left is overrepresented in the teaching profession, compared to the general population. But I am pretty sure that most teachers are as fair as they can be, just like most human beings are. Most people take professional responsibilities pretty seriously.
Gil... the voice of moderation and of reason. When are you running for office? Or taking over Scott Servais' job? :D
Thanks (I think) for the vote of confidence. :) I was thinking about how I'd negotiate with Jerry about this. Would he be okay if I were live on this forum during games? I'd argue that the forum members could give me good advice in real time. Such as when to let someone keep pitching versus yanking him. "Jerry, my man, that's a 6 WAR idea right there!" :geek:

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 13, 2020 5:48 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:55 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Secret ballot.

I doubt Math teachers or woodshop teachers try to incorporate their political views into the lesson plan I would bet the vast majority of social science and liberal arts teachers consider part of their professional responsibility to educate students in line with their own political beliefs.
Just curious: are you implying that if YOU were teaching social science, liberal arts, that this is how you would approach your job?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Negative captain. Maybe I'm projecting what I see from the media scoundels s ontoo most teachers. But I do have that one example that I posted. I'm sure there's more out there like that person.
dt