5/7/19 vs Tatanka from Dunces With Wolves game thread

Dr Naysay

Re: 5/7/19 vs Tatanka from Dunces With Wolves game thread

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed May 08, 2019 5:07 am

Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 am
Hey, would you guys try opening the Seattle Times forums page on your browsers. I'm wondering if there is some issue with the site. When I try to open any page from the forum it just continuously refreshes in an endless loop so that nothing will load. Really bizarre.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking up the link: http://forums.seattletimes.com/forums
Working fine for me, if you get back on why don't you pm those two about here?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 am

Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 am
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am
Meanwhile on the Times forum Somebody's son is the Voice of reason in a thread suggesting we should trade Kelenic for Matt Boyd who has a 4.89 career ERA.
Actually, it was someone using the handle "Big Monty" who has 132 posts although none of his other posts was recent enough to show up on the database. And I sure as hell son't recall anyone with that username but with that few posts i guess it would be hard to remember.

By the way, I made a post in the "Bobby Wagner's Contract" thread to inform openup58 and SeaHawkaholic about this forum and it was deleted in very short order. Why the fvck would the Times care at this point if people leave their shytty-ass spam-ridden forum? Or has Joan gone whack-a-doodle?
Same thing happened to me. It's the latter. The irony of them refusing for years to deal with the spam but then not wanting anyone to leave is beyond human comprehension. My theory is that the only reason they didn't shut down the Forum these past few years is because they couldn't figure out how to do it. :lol:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 am

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:07 am
Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 am
Hey, would you guys try opening the Seattle Times forums page on your browsers. I'm wondering if there is some issue with the site. When I try to open any page from the forum it just continuously refreshes in an endless loop so that nothing will load. Really bizarre.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking up the link: http://forums.seattletimes.com/forums
Working fine for me, if you get back on why don't you pm those two about here?
I was going to, but it appears they have IP banned me or something, just for posting a link to this site.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 am

rockycola wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:43 am
Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 am
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am
Meanwhile on the Times forum Somebody's son is the Voice of reason in a thread suggesting we should trade Kelenic for Matt Boyd who has a 4.89 career ERA.
Actually, it was someone using the handle "Big Monty" who has 132 posts although none of his other posts was recent enough to show up on the database. And I sure as hell son't recall anyone with that username but with that few posts i guess it would be hard to remember.

By the way, I made a post in the "Bobby Wagner's Contract" thread to inform openup58 and SeaHawkaholic about this forum and it was deleted in very short order. Why the fvck would the Times care at this point if people leave their shytty-ass spam-ridden forum? Or has Joan gone whack-a-doodle?
I vaguely remember Big Monty, only because I have a neighbor with the name Monty so it just stuck in my mind. Wasn't my neighbor, though.
As do I. He is legit though that trade proposal was one for the ages. When Somebody's son is trying to talk reason to you............. :shock:

dt
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 am
Same thing happened to me. It's the latter. The irony of them refusing for years to deal with the spam but then not wanting anyone to leave is beyond human comprehension. My theory is that the only reason they didn't shut down the Forum these past few years is because they couldn't figure out how to do it. :lol:
Did Joan ever respond to your questions about why the threads were removed?

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed May 08, 2019 5:13 am

Crap, what is that 3 of the last four losses by 1 run. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Why the hell is ALtavilla not on the mlb club.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 am

Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 am
D-train wrote:
Yes. Promotion of competing sites.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 am

Hanjag wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:13 am
Crap, what is that 3 of the last four losses by 1 run. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Why the hell is ALtavilla not on the mlb club.
Why isn't Art Warren or Parker Markel???????????
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 am
Sibelius wrote:
D-train wrote:
Wow. She's nuts. She doesn't even work for the Times, does she?

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 am
Sibelius wrote:
D-train wrote:
For ages they don't give a damn now they don't want to promote a competing site, brilliant. Joan doesn't work for them anymore right? Should just tell them to sort it out themselves then.