5/7/19 vs Tatanka from Dunces With Wolves game thread

Juliooooo

Re: 5/7/19 vs Tatanka from Dunces With Wolves game thread

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:59 am
I agree about hitting the ball in the air obviously but its irrelevant if the contact play is on or not in that case. Only time you score with a contact play when you wouldn't have otherwise is if the fielder bobbles the ball. What % of the time does that happen? Far more chance of having it hit right at someone and getting thrown out at home.

dt
Well, either way there is an out and it leaves 2 runners on, including 1 guy on 3B. I guess the only questionable thing is if you do it with no outs, it leaves a possible double play open by putting runners on 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 3. Probably case by case as to whether or not you do it. It did not cost the Mariners the game though.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 am
D-train wrote:
I agree about hitting the ball in the air obviously but its irrelevant if the contact play is on or not in that case. Only time you score with a contact play when you wouldn't have otherwise is if the fielder bobbles the ball. What % of the time does that happen? Far more chance of having it hit right at someone and getting thrown out at home.

dt
Well, either way there is an out and it leaves 2 runners on, including 1 guy on 3B. I guess the only questionable thing is if you do it with no outs, it leaves a possible double play open by putting runners on 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 3. Probably case by case as to whether or not you do it. It did not cost the Mariners the game though.
Here's a crazy idea. Late in the game, bunt.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am
Meanwhile on the Times forum Somebody's son is the Voice of reason in a thread suggesting we should trade Kelenic for Matt Boyd who has a 4.89 career ERA.
Actually, it was someone using the handle "Big Monty" who has 132 posts although none of his other posts was recent enough to show up on the database. And I sure as hell son't recall anyone with that username but with that few posts i guess it would be hard to remember.

By the way, I made a post in the "Bobby Wagner's Contract" thread to inform openup58 and SeaHawkaholic about this forum and it was deleted in very short order. Why the fvck would the Times care at this point if people leave their shytty-ass spam-ridden forum? Or has Joan gone whack-a-doodle?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 4:33 am

I can't even access the ST Forum now. When I try to open any link it goes into a loop of continuously refreshing the page at a rate of two times per second.
WTF?

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed May 08, 2019 4:38 am

Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 am
D-train wrote:
Meanwhile on the Times forum Somebody's son is the Voice of reason in a thread suggesting we should trade Kelenic for Matt Boyd who has a 4.89 career ERA.
Actually, it was someone using the handle "Big Monty" who has 132 posts although none of his other posts was recent enough to show up on the database. And I sure as hell son't recall anyone with that username but with that few posts i guess it would be hard to remember.

By the way, I made a post in the "Bobby Wagner's Contract" thread to inform openup58 and SeaHawkaholic about this forum and it was deleted in very short order. Why the fvck would the Times care at this point if people leave their shytty-ass spam-ridden forum? Or has Joan gone whack-a-doodle?
My guess is that the new owner of the ST Mariner's Forum pm'd Joan while holding back the spittle and challenged her on raiders with hatchets. Didn't you sign a non-compete clause when you were a card carrying ST threader?

My other educated guess is that he-who-shall-not-be-named is here already, rapid-firing posts and restraining himself temporarily with almost choirboy behavior and responding to other posters that he thinks poorly of. Key words and expressions keep showing up tearing away his facade. It's just my wag but if he remains civil, great.

Three days of posting to himself, resurrecting clown spirits of posting past to communicate with is a lonely, humbling thing LoL.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed May 08, 2019 4:43 am

Sibelius wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:16 am
D-train wrote:

I vaguely remember Big Monty, only because I have a neighbor with the name Monty so it just stuck in my mind. Wasn't my neighbor, though.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Wed May 08, 2019 4:44 am

Anyone think the mariners will sniff .500?

Buddy at work wants to make a lunch bet. He is giving me the mariners win 70+ and I buy him lunch. The m's win 69 or less he buys me 3 lunches......take the bet?

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 08, 2019 4:45 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 am
D-train wrote:

dt
Here's a crazy idea. Late in the game, bunt.
With Haniger up?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Freespeech

Post by Freespeech » Wed May 08, 2019 4:54 am

Logainismyhero wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:44 am
Anyone think the mariners will sniff .500?

Buddy at work wants to make a lunch bet. He is giving me the mariners win 70+ and I buy him lunch. The m's win 69 or less he buys me 3 lunches......take the bet?
Well that would be 51-75 .404 ball. I'd probably take the over considering there are a lot of bad teams in the AL right now. But I sure wouldn't bet an expensive lunch.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 am

Hey, would you guys try opening the Seattle Times forums page on your browsers. I'm wondering if there is some issue with the site. When I try to open any page from the forum it just continuously refreshes in an endless loop so that nothing will load. Really bizarre.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of looking up the link: http://forums.seattletimes.com/forums