GT Mariners vs. Yankers 7/8/2021

Juliooooo

Re: GT Mariners vs. Yankers 7/8/2021

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:13 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:09 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:34 am
Iirc, Dipoto said that if he went back to the 5 man rotation, it would be permanent. If Marco can get back to his old self, then I like the rotation.

KK
Gilbert
Flexen
Marco
Dunn

I still want to see Dunn in the bullpen next year though, I think that M's have 3-4 prospects that will be better starters than him by the end of 2022.
Yep with Williamson already in AA with almost 2.5 more months of development this season, I could see him in the OD rotation next season.
Or at least up by May or June.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:15 am

Astros took 2-3 from the A's so we are still 3.5 back of the As and Rays for the WC.

https://www.mlb.com/standings/wild-card/2021-07-08
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 am

TraderGary wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 am
ddraig wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:27 pm
Semien can play 3B, which means we can wave good bye to the guy who waves at pitches low and outside the strike zone.

And unfortunately I don't see our idiot manager getting rid of the six-man-rotation unless someone holds a gun to his head.
I read recently (don't remember where), that they are going back to a normal 5-man rotation. I'm not certain if it's just a temporary thing because of all the injuries, or if it's permanent. But there was no inference in the article I read of it being temporary, or because of injuries or lack of bodies.
You read it after Toronto when they were talking about Marco coming back after the birth if his daughter. The 5 man rotation is temporary because off days set it up until the AS break.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:28 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:20 pm
TraderGary wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 pm
ddraig wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 pm

Which he knew about a week or so ago but didn't want to tell anyone.

By the way, Terry, you are only a few years older than I am and I don't see it happening unless ownership man's up and gives whoever our GM is the money to plug obvious holes. The bean counters need to get out of the baseball side of things!

1B, 3B, DH, and at least one TOR pitcher. I can live with whoever we trot out there on any given day as 2B.
I'm in the same boat as you guys, and I wonder the same thing.

Regarding 1B, France can handle that along with White when he returns.

For 3B, unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to unload Seager unless we pick up the vast majority of his salary. He's been pretty bad, and striking out a ton. I think we're stuck with him till the end of the year, unfortunately.

For DH, I think we can get Cruz for a mid-level prospect. The fans love him, and I think he likes it here also. He would really add a dimension to this lineup that we're currently missing.

I agree that we need to add a TOR pitcher. Don't really have any names to throw out there yet, but I'm sure others here do.

We really need some of these guys to start swinging the bats closer to their norms. The only way we score any runs is on the occasion HR. We need more consistency from pretty much everyone the lineup. The only one showing any consistency with the bat is Crawford.
France at 1B is fine for now and he is pretty good defensively. I bet White is out for the season.

Zero chance of trading Seager due to the poison pill. Totally agree on Cruz. Two month rental shouldn't cost much and such a feel good story it would be.

I don't think we need to add a TOR if we just go back to a five man Gilbert KK, Flex, Marco, Dunn/Kirby/Williamson in 2022.

Trade Mitch for a mlb ready 3B and sign a big time 2B like Semien in the off season and we are good to go.
Name a MLB ready 3b that the team would take Mitch for. It is pretty funny for as analytical as some of you are, you still live back in the 80's and 90's when Mike Schmidt was the prototype. There are very few of those any more, Kris Bryant and Bregman being more of the exception than the rule. Seager is a league average 3b...maybe a bit above. There are no mlb ready 3b out there for the taking unless Bryant becomes available and he will probably cost you Marte or a Kirby. Dylan Moore did a nice job at 3b earlier in the year so I think he is your bridge to Marte after you sign Semien to play 2b jext year. Cruz is the only player you are going to get that won't block any of the kids and can hit the ball.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:08 am

Bil522 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:28 am
D-train wrote:
TraderGary wrote:

For 3B, unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to unload Seager unless we pick up the vast majority of his salary. He's been pretty bad, and striking out a ton. I think we're stuck with him till the end of the year, unfortunately.

For DH, I think we can get Cruz for a mid-level prospect. The fans love him, and I think he likes it here also. He would really add a dimension to this lineup that we're currently missing.

I agree that we need to add a TOR pitcher. Don't really have any names to throw out there yet, but I'm sure others here do.

We really need some of these guys to start swinging the bats closer to their norms. The only way we score any runs is on the occasion HR. We need more consistency from pretty much everyone the lineup. The only one showing any consistency with the bat is Crawford.
France at 1B is fine for now and he is pretty good defensively. I bet White is out for the season.

Zero chance of trading Seager due to the poison pill. Totally agree on Cruz. Two month rental shouldn't cost much and such a feel good story it would be.

I don't think we need to add a TOR if we just go back to a five man Gilbert KK, Flex, Marco, Dunn/Kirby/Williamson in 2022.

Trade Mitch for a mlb ready 3B and sign a big time 2B like Semien in the off season and we are good to go.
Name a MLB ready 3b that the team would take Mitch for. It is pretty funny for as analytical as some of you are, you still live back in the 80's and 90's when Mike Schmidt was the prototype. There are very few of those any more, Kris Bryant and Bregman being more of the exception than the rule. Seager is a league average 3b...maybe a bit above. There are no mlb ready 3b out there for the taking unless Bryant becomes available and he will probably cost you Marte or a Kirby. Dylan Moore did a nice job at 3b earlier in the year so I think he is your bridge to Marte after you sign Semien to play 2b jext year. Cruz is the only player you are going to get that won't block any of the kids and can hit the ball.
Seager is far below avg considering qualified 3B's...

His OPS is 14 out of 19. The top 10 all have OPS's of .779 or higher which would be acceptable. .701 from an everyday 3B is not.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:31 am

Julio Rodriguez has been promoted to Arkansas, but the AquaSox keep on mauling the teams in the league anyway.
It's because of these six hitters on the team"

1 AustinShenton 3B 52 202 49 58 22 2 8 46 38 55 1 0 .287 .413 .535 .948
2 CarterBins C 40 148 42 42 10 0 7 31 32 54 1 3 .284 .422 .493 .915
3 JackLarsen CF 50 184 30 54 19 1 5 35 32 54 9 4 .293 .407 .489 .896
4 KadenPolcovich2B 50 190 49 50 12 4 8 43 39 58 12 3 .263 .401 .495 .896
5 PatrickFrick SS 50 170 41 52 13 0 4 30 36 51 5 1 .306 .442 .453 .895
6 ZachDeLoach RF 50 213 45 63 19 2 5 26 26 58 6 3 .296 .383 .474 .857

Of course, only three of these guys are currently top 30 prospects:
22 year old Zach DeLoach (#11)
22 year old Kaden Polcovich (#17)
23 year old Austin Shenton (#22)
But these are the kind of numbers that move you into the top thirty....or give you value ... guys to watch, even the unlikely 26 year old Jack Larsen who has really blossomed this year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:50 am

Bil522 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:28 am
D-train wrote:
TraderGary wrote:

LOL There are literally 5 MLB ready 3B prospects playing on winning teams, 4 that are totally blocked by MLB 3Bs.

#2 Nolan Jones of the Indians blocked by Jose Ramirez. 2021 ETA
#3 Nolan Gorman of the Cards, blocked by Nolan Arenado 2022 ETA
#5 Bret Baty of the Mets 2022 ETA
#6 Kody Hoese of the Dodgers blocked by Justin Turner 2022 ETA
#9 Miguel Vargas of the Dodgers blocked by Justin Turner 2022 ETA

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt2jqd ... /giphy.gif
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:44 pm

I like trading Haniger for a 3B candidate, might have to add a reliever out of our top three late innings guys, Chargois, Steckenrider, or Sewald... but we have a second tier on the way of guys that might be available before Hancock or Kirby....... guys like Levi Stoudt or Matt Brash who could conceivably move into the pen...and beat Hancock and Kirby to the show.

And we have candidates for third that will be coming in the 2022-23 range like Marte, Polcovich, Shenton, or Frick
Last edited by AT Funchal-Madeira on Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:47 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:44 pm
I like trading Haniger for a 3B candidate, might have to add a reliever out of our top three late innings guys, Chargois, Steckenrider, or Sewald... but we have a second tier on the way of guys that might be available before Hancock or Kirby....... guys like Levi Stoudt who could conceivably move into the pen...

And we have candidates for third that will be coming in the 2022-23 range like Marte, Polcovich, Shenton, or Frick
Exactly depending on the 3B prospect we may have to add another piece or two. Where there is a will there's a way.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 am
TraderGary wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 am
ddraig wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:27 pm
Semien can play 3B, which means we can wave good bye to the guy who waves at pitches low and outside the strike zone.

And unfortunately I don't see our idiot manager getting rid of the six-man-rotation unless someone holds a gun to his head.
I read recently (don't remember where), that they are going back to a normal 5-man rotation. I'm not certain if it's just a temporary thing because of all the injuries, or if it's permanent. But there was no inference in the article I read of it being temporary, or because of injuries or lack of bodies.
You read it after Toronto when they were talking about Marco coming back after the birth if his daughter. The 5 man rotation is temporary because off days set it up until the AS break.
And that was my impression. They didn't say they were throwing out the idiotic idea, just that they could forego the six-man-rotation until after the AS break.