Stone on the debacle

Captain 97

Re: Stone on the debacle

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:10 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:05 pm
bpj wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:04 pm
Servais and Dipoto got cute at the wrong time.

Don't stick with what got you here, no, use your $100M man as a reliever for the first time.... makes sense...
What got them there was Munoz and Seawald. That's what they went with. After those 2 screwed up, they were down to an emergency option.
NO THEY WEREN'T
They had plenty other options. Boyd and Swanson are elite level relievers.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:11 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:09 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:03 pm

He doesn't hit lefties better than righties though, that's my point.
But some angry fan tweeted it, and he also tweeted that he had some kind of .800 plus OPS, which I think you debunked also, correct?
1 person tweeted that, so everyone ran with it. I'm surprised they didn't face each other last year at all, and I guess Alvarez was hurt early in the year? Only 5 PA, and Alvarez was 1/3 with a 1B and 2 BB
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:08 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

What got them there was Munoz and Seawald. That's what they went with. After those 2 screwed up, they were down to an emergency option.
Yeah, and what finished them off was Servais decision and Ray not pulling it off.

In Home games, Alvarez had a 1.070 OPS vs. LHP and a .982 OPS vs. RHP.

There wasn't really a "right" answer against Alvarez.

But, turns out there was a "wrong" answer, and that was putting your starting pitcher in as a reliever for the first time in that situation.
The right answer was to avoid Alvarez. Munoz and Seawald screwed up to put them in that situation.
Why are you sucking Ray and Servais off?

Munoz and Sewald effed up, then Servais and Ray effed up. It's not an exclusive club of suckage, they all belong.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:10 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:04 pm
Servais and Dipoto got cute at the wrong time.

Don't stick with what got you here, no, use your $100M man as a reliever for the first time.... makes sense...
NO THEY WEREN'T
The plan was for Munoz and Seawald to get the job done before the top of the order came up. After that it was plan B.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:13 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:12 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

NO THEY WEREN'T
The plan was for Munoz and Seawald to get the job done before the top of the order came up. After that it was plan B.
And Plan B wasn't the guys who did it all season, it was your $100M poorly performing starter. Makes sense.....

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:14 pm

bpj wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

Yeah, and what finished them off was Servais decision and Ray not pulling it off.

In Home games, Alvarez had a 1.070 OPS vs. LHP and a .982 OPS vs. RHP.

But, turns out there was a "wrong" answer, and that was putting your starting pitcher in as a reliever for the first time in that situation.
The right answer was to avoid Alvarez. Munoz and Seawald screwed up to put them in that situation.

Munoz and Sewald effed up, then Servais and Ray effed up. It's not an exclusive club of suckage, they all belong.
I'm not sucking them off. It was a joint effort to lose that game, and I'm not putting it all on Servais and Ray.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:52 pm
Sounds like it was actually sinker. I mean, isn't that basically just a cut fastball?
No its not. A Sinker and a cutter go in opposite directions. for a lefty like ray a sinker will move down and away from a left handed batter. A cutter rides in on the hands of a left handed hitter almost like an extra hard slider.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:15 pm

bpj wrote:

So again, what would we be saying if Swanson gave up the dinger? SS shouldn't have put him in.

What if we walked the guy and left Sewald in and it didn't work. It would have been why the fuck did SS do that? Walk the winning run!?

What if we went to Boyd and he got lit up? Why the fuck did he pitch the guy that hasn't pitched in a week and is a young guy?

Again, Munoz and Sewald are paid to do far better than they did. In hindsight, do I wish he would have put in someone besides Ray? Maybe, but, I also wish he wouldn't have thrown back to back pitches that were basically the same pitch. I would have loved it if he went four seem up, or slider in the dirt, or something out of the zone. The way he attacked that middle in low fastball? He was looking for it. Blow one more by him, a four seem up? I bet he swings. Maybe he does hit it, but if he doesn't? Now it's 0 and 2.

But, what I really wish? Is the two fuckers paid good money to come out of the bullpen hadn't blown the fucking game before we even got to his point.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:15 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:14 pm
bpj wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

I'm not sucking them off. It was a joint effort to lose that game, and I'm not putting it all on Servais and Ray.
Well, they still had the lead at that point.

If they stop the bleeding they're the ones that get the credit, so they can shoulder the blame.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:15 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:13 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

NO THEY WEREN'T
And Plan B wasn't the guys who did it all season, it was your $100M poorly performing starter. Makes sense.....
Guys they didn't ask to perform in similar situations all season either. They didn't want to have to use any of them.