Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:30 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:21 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:20 am
bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:16 am
Yeah, Marm was my first choice! 🤣🤣🤡🤡

You're the second biggest loser I've ever encountered behind weebs. Such a tool. And always wrong, it's almost funny how tight you'll cling to anything, even when it's as simple as, dude, you predicted 70 wins with pretty much the same 40 man roster. You suck.

I'm sure if they were on pace for 70 wins it would be all going according to how you saw it. Such a dunce.
I predicted 70 wins based off the 25 man roster. A 25-man that has proven to be utterly dreadful.

If you based 86 wins off a 40 man that featured 3x relievers who were pig shit for every other team they've pitched for you're even dumber than I thought.
Maybe that's why you're missing about 15-20 wins 🤣🤡 It has nothing to do with you expecting nothing from the core...

The relievers have been a wash. You're clinging to it like it's life and death, but it's just making you look foolish.
A wash? Are you insane?

You're calling a 2.04 ERA over 84 innings from 3 pitchers who weren't expected to do shit a "wash? " That's gotta be tops in fucking baseball for 3 relievers... much less 3 guys who weren't even on a team's opening day roster.

The team clings onto 1-run wins as the only reason they're even in contention. These 3 pitchers are quite literally the saving grace of this ball club.

Good God...

bpj

Re: Trade deadline trade ideas discussion

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:33 am

Yes, I think they stepped up when we expected similar production from others, like Montero, who on the flip side, bombed.

Overachievers. Underachievers.

ISLTM: 70
bpj: 86

You're only digging your own hole basing your argument on relievers who are a wash. No way even you believe what you're saying at this point.

You sound like a crying baby.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:33 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:28 am
For $15M? $17M? Absolutely. Would it have been worth it to me? Absolutely. They weren't spending it on anything else. Eff the owners. Pay the man like he's a 2 WAR player.

Better than saving it to splurge on $200M+ shortstops, like some wanted to.........

But there you were. Giving them a pass. Next year. Next year. Pfft.
Yeah, cept he joined the Twins cause he's fucking 40 and wanted to win a World Series.

He would have been an absolute moron to join the Mariners.

Stand in his shoes for a second, what would have been the point of coming here through his eyes?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:36 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:33 am
Yes, I think they stepped up when we expected similar production from others, like Montero, who on the flip side, bombed.

Overachievers. Underachievers.

ISLTM: 70
bpj: 86

You're only digging your own hole basing your argument on relievers who are a wash. No way even you believe what you're saying at this point.

You sound like a crying baby.
To a 2.04 ERA over 84 innings? Do you even have an inkling for how good that is?

And you wan't to call that a wash?

Embarrassing is saying something as fucking stupid as that.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:38 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
bpj wrote:
For $15M? $17M? Absolutely. Would it have been worth it to me? Absolutely. They weren't spending it on anything else. Eff the owners. Pay the man like he's a 2 WAR player.

Better than saving it to splurge on $200M+ shortstops, like some wanted to.........

Yeah, cept he joined the Twins cause he's fucking 40 and wanted to win a World Series.

Stand in his shoes for a second, what would have been the point of coming here through his eyes?
Depends if he saw things through your eyes or mine now doesn't it??

We said, "the team finished last season 16-4 (or whatever) and didn't even have Haniger!"

You guys scoffed in disbelief and now want to act like it came out of nowhere. You can sit on it and spin.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:41 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:38 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
bpj wrote:

Depends if he saw things through your eyes or mine now doesn't it??

We said, "the team finished last season 16-4 (or whatever) and didn't even have Haniger!"

You guys scoffed in disbelief and now want to act like it came out of nowhere. You can sit on it and spin.
Yeah well, he's much more qualified than your dumb ass... but seeing as you think you're God's narcissistic gift to humanity I'm not surprised that you think you know more than the professional ball player who chose his team.

Nelson Cruz joined the Twins because they presented a much better chance for him to win a title and a far superior roster than one the Mariners could even dream of.

There is not a human alive outside of B P fucking J and moronic, homer Mariner fans who think Nelson Cruz should have had more reason to think joining the M's was a smarter decision than joining the Twins.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:42 am

This is all I have to say about where I said the team was at. I wasn't banking on Cruz, it would have been a good early move.

A LF, a SP and figure out the bullpen. They do that and we're fighting for first right now.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210711-013512_DuckDuckGo.jpg

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:45 am

And then there was you scoffing that they were nowhere near contending unless they signed 3 or 4 $200 million dollar contracts, so why even waste the dollars?

🤡

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:46 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:42 am
This is all I have to say about where I said the team was at. I wasn't banking on Cruz, it would have been a good early move.

A LF, a SP and figure out the bullpen. They do that and we're fighting for first right now.
And as I've said 100x now... many of the moves you would have made before the season started would likely have prevented a lot of things from happening that make up the current Mariners and their 6-game over .500 record. They would have changed the scope of the whole thing.

Many of the moves I would have made would have done the exact same thing.

Nobody could have predicted the events that have led to this record... 3 relievers nobody wanted pitching to a 2.04 ERA over 84 innings is not supposed to happen... and for a team with a -40++++ run differential, having a bullpen that doesn't give up leads from the 7th inning on is literally the only reason we have a competitive record.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:47 am

Thays where you're wrong. Injuries have been opportunities since the dawn of minor league baseball. You got wrecked.