Virus Schmirus

ddraig

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by ddraig » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:22 am

Not conservative. Just an Irascible curmudgeon. Get off my lawn!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:50 pm

dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:50 pm
Idaho no less...

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/12 ... 9113344002
Very uplifting stuff coming in from the Conservative Commenters. Yes, the level of governmental has reached an Orwellian stage. What free thinking people need to do is find out to what extent the Globalist Party's Mass Media Dynasty has been exaggerating the truth about how deadly this virus really is.
The 3.36 million person strong DoD had only 5 Covid 19 deaths as of 2 weeks ago. At the time this represented a gap that was 28 times less than the Covid death rate that is claimed among the general population. Too much of a difference to be explained by the average age difference between these 2 groups.
The main difference is the DoD has no agenda to inflate the death rate that they "self report".
Does anyone wish to argue with me about this...?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Sometimes it tis the little guy with the biggest ideas.....

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/ ... 5615169538
dt

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Idaho no less...

Very uplifting stuff coming in from the Conservative Commenters. Yes, the level of governmental has reached an Orwellian stage. What free thinking people need to do is find out to what extent the Globalist Party's Mass Media Dynasty has been exaggerating the truth about how deadly this virus really is.
The 3.36 million person strong DoD had only 5 Covid 19 deaths as of 2 weeks ago. At the time this represented a gap that was 28 times less than the Covid death rate that is claimed among the general population. Too much of a difference to be explained by the average age difference between these 2 groups.
The main difference is the DoD has no agenda to inflate the death rate that they "self report".
I smell Donn Beach coming...........

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:23 pm
Sometimes it tis the little guy with the biggest ideas.....

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/ ... 5615169538
Man I love this, so great

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
D-train wrote:
Idaho no less...

1. I think you are giving way too much credit to the ability of different private businesses, universities, and government agencies all over the country to coordinate and be "organized." We can't organize ourselves to produce enough face masks or test kits. How do you think the intentional, significant exaggeration could be pulled off? There have to be thousands of individuals who could imagine themselves winning a Pulitzer Prize or something similar for breaking the story of massive exaggeration of virus cases and deaths. If indeed it were true.

2. The percentage of the population infected is small everywhere, and it is more like a series of local outbreaks ("seedings") rather than a country-wide outbreak that started from one individual at one point in time. This means different percentages of people infected in different communities.

3. San Francisco has had 20 deaths (as of 5 days ago). Population 880,000 plus. Would you conclude that San Francisco "has no agenda to inflate the death rate"? (unlike, presumably, NYC or NJ or Washington or Massachusetts) Of course, San Francisco ordered shelter-in-place earlier than the others, but that might be a different argument. :)

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:01 pm
bpj wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 pm
So like a fine wine, he's improving with age!
Yep on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being liberal I was probably a 2 until I wasn't accepted into UW Business school because I was white. About a 4 from college until I was about 30. A 5 in my 30s, a 7 in my 40s and about a 9 in my 50s......

Real life and the real world tends to allow one to see things more clearly....no wonder that most older liberals are typically in a bubble outside of that reality. Media, academia, government employees, politicians, Hollywood, teachers etc
I'm thinking of older liberals I know. Architects. High tech guys. A VP at a Fortune 50 company. Different kinds of bubbles, but most definitely reality.

I considered myself a moderate republican 30 years ago, and a mainstream democrat now, and I don't think I have changed very much. It's more like the spectrum has shifted while I've stayed in place: vigorous free enterprise, efficient and effective government, protection of personal freedoms, and a long-term view on care for people and the environment. For example, the Clean Air Act received almost unanimous support 50 years ago, but now, like most other things, its provisions are contested on the predictable right vs. left divide. I'd vote for a modern day Dan Evans or Scoop Jackson in a heartbeat. Which makes me an apologist for corporate greed to some of my left-wing friends. And a tool of the globalist conspiracy to some of my right-wing friends.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:25 pm
Moe Gibbs wrote:
D-train wrote:
Idaho no less...

I smell Donn Beach coming...........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb0W0lHCVQA
dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:17 pm

It was the CDC that originally instructed all causes of death that could POSSIBLY be linked to Covid 19 to be attributed to Covid 19. PERIOD.
In light of the ridicule / shame that just a handful of conservative news agencies were able to put on the CDC for using this deceptive practice the CDC has very recently [as of beginning of April] announced more strict guidelines for how Covid 19 deaths must be determined.
MDs are no longer allowed to assume that the death MIGHT have been due to Covid 19, especially if not the person has other medical problems that need to be considered.

The difference in death rate 2 weeks ago was 28 times different between the general population and the DoD. I'll bet the gap has done nothing other than widen since I did my research. Don't forget that the Dod's truthful [and not nearly as grim] statistics are lumped in with the tainted statistics that the CDC was collecting all this time. That's a ridiculous amount of difference between 1 group that was instructed to attribute every death they possibly could to Covid 19 and another very sizeable group that carefully weighed ALL THE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS of each and every death before making their final determination.

Next.