Virus Schmirus

bpj

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by bpj » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:26 pm

In my opinion it will be a career politician. Probably someone who has campaigned and even run before because there will be very limited time.

We know is if Trump isn't in power, they need a member of the club to be.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:31 pm

"Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democrat presidential nominee, said he would undoubtedly select former first lady Michelle Obama to be his running mate, though he admitted she likely does not want to jump back into politics anytime soon."

“I’d take her in a heartbeat,” Biden said in a Monday interview with CBS Pittsburgh when asked if he would add Obama to the ticket. “She’s brilliant. She knows the way around. She is a really fine woman. The Obamas are great friends.”

Its the only way I see Biden beating Trump.

As for the lockdown, I'm 67, almost 68. I've had cancer but it hasn't lifted its ugly, little head for eight years now. No respiratory problems, No heart conditions. In fact, I'm probably in better shape than most guys 10 or 15 years younger. So if I get tested and am otherwise healthy, why can't I make my own decision about going back to work or otherwise circulating throughout the population? I don't smoke, so why should the government want to be my nanny, and yet they still allow people to make their own decision about the possibility of getting lung cancer? I want the government to butt out of my life and let me make my own health decisions.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:40 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:31 pm
"Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democrat presidential nominee, said he would undoubtedly select former first lady Michelle Obama to be his running mate, though he admitted she likely does not want to jump back into politics anytime soon."

“I’d take her in a heartbeat,” Biden said in a Monday interview with CBS Pittsburgh when asked if he would add Obama to the ticket. “She’s brilliant. She knows the way around. She is a really fine woman. The Obamas are great friends.”

As for the lockdown, I'm 67, almost 68. I've had cancer but it hasn't lifted its ugly, little head for eight years now. No respiratory problems, No heart conditions. In fact, I'm probably in better shape than most guys 10 or 15 years younger. So if I get tested and am otherwise healthy, why can't I make my own decision about going back to work or otherwise circulating throughout the population? I don't smoke, so why should the government want to be my nanny, and yet they still allow people to make their own decision about the possibility of getting lung cancer? I want the government to butt out of my life and let me make my own health decisions.
So do you have to live in the closet as a conservative working in the public school system?
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Munich canceled Oktoberfest, that is a pretty big deal and seems pretty far into the future.
“Living with coronavirus means living carefully,” Söder said. “As long as there is no vaccination, we need to be very sensible. We are in mutual agreement that the risk is quite simply too high … compromises will not help.”

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:40 pm
ddraig wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:31 pm

So do you have to live in the closet as a conservative working in the public school system?
Since I came onto this site about 6 to 7 years ago I've noticed ddraig getting more and more conservative over the years. I guess that's what ageing does to you. :) That, and getting more religious. Referring to ageing, not ddraig...
DMM

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 pm

So like a fine wine, he's improving with age!

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:58 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 pm
Good one! :lol: Or like hamburger left in the fridge too long...
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:01 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 pm
Yep on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being liberal I was probably a 2 until I wasn't accepted into UW Business school because I was white. About a 4 from college until I was about 30. A 5 in my 30s, a 7 in my 40s and about a 9 in my 50s......

Real life and the real world tends to allow one to see things more clearly....no wonder that most older liberals are typically in a bubble outside of that reality. Media, academia, government employees, politicians, Hollywood, teachers etc
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:12 pm

DT, your post came in at 3:01. Thanks for reminding me it's happy hour!
DMM

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 am