Re: GAME THREAD This dreadful season is only 40% done 6/4/19

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:41 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:06 am
DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:01 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:57 am
Bright side is, we moved "up" to 5th place in next years Draft! In a rebuilding year, that's awesome for me. Now it all goes to shit if we are not competitive by 2021. So I'm ok so long as this is the plan.
The MLB draft is not like the NBA draft. Unless there's a Junior or A-Rod sitting there at #1 it's a crapshoot. Ackley and Holtzen were #2s, Zunino and Clement were #3s. We saw how that worked out. And other franchises have this happen to them as well. Anyway, there's almost zero sense in rooting for draft position.
I get it, and completely understand. I just happen to be into all Drafts, NFL, MLB, NBA, even NHL. I understand that they're never sure fire, and all of them are different in their own way, but it doesn't detour me from rooting for a higher draft pick regardless if they may never end up in the Show or not.
Wow, into the NHL draft. I feel like I just met a Bigfoot that is an etiquette advisor.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:43 am

And the game ends with Smith swinging and missing at a mistake pitch right down the middle with his stupid helmet falling off. Between this and everything he does wrong he looks so unprofessional. The only thing he can do worse is loaf and thankfully he does bust his ass out there.

Well, Rocky saved my record tonight. I'm still 2-a lotta.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am

I hate that look he gives in the middle of the At-bats where it's like he's staring off into the camera and he has this look of "I don't know wtf is going on!

Here you go DavidGee
Attachments
Astros_Mariners_Baseball.JPG.jpg

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:51 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:43 am
And the game ends with Smith swinging and missing at a mistake pitch right down the middle with his stupid helmet falling off. Between this and everything he does wrong he looks so unprofessional. The only thing he can do worse is loaf and thankfully he does bust his ass out there.

Well, Rocky saved my record tonight. I'm still 2-a lotta.
Yeah! I saved your ass there. I shoulda deleted mine and bowed to you :D
I do beg to differ on one thing.....what could be Moore better than a thread title with " Dreadful" in it referring to our homer team?

Good luck tomorrow. Get the thread early! Whoever gets it gets the Leakey Peacock pissing matchup.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am
I hate that look he gives in the middle of the At-bats where it's like he's staring off into the camera and he has this look of "I don't know wtf is going on!

Here you go DavidGee
I’m surprised with that monstrosity of a necklace, he has any balance at all.