Jamal retiring?

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Jamal retiring?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:20 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:58 pm
I'm not convinced it was the scheme. There were several factors that all came together, as i saw it. Players out of position, players who can't simply tackle (possibly because of lack of tackling in practice?), players who were completely checked out - I swear I saw a lot of plays where guys like Diggs were making little to no effort at all. Then, when Nwosu went down, It all kinda culminated in shit show charlie. while a defense is a collection of moving parts, they all need too be in sync, and that clearly was not the case for many reasons. I am not defending the scheme, it's not even clear what they were trying to do anymore besides set the record for most third-and-longs given up, but it really looked like an attitude and focus problem first. Nwosu going down was a huge blow - imagine what macdonald can do with this talent. Diggs may be the most disappointing player of all for me. Just half-assed so many plays. Scheme? Maybe, but maybe it's on the players who were checked out - and that may be on Pete more than the scheme. If I am macdonald watching tape on this defense, Diggs is the first guy gone.
Diggs, Jones, Adams, and Woolen (unless he turns back into Tariq) - all likely to be liabilities going forward. And you can't run a 3-4 successfully without a true NT.

Codebrown

Post by Codebrown » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:52 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 am
AS knows what's up..
You can throw in J Love who’s 25 and an all pro.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:21 pm

There are some real idiots in the world. Having an exchange with a guy that said he would rather have Diggs on the team than Patrick Queen, a 24 yo Pro Bowler vs. a 31 yo washed up guy. No idea why he is comparing guys that play different positions.
dt

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:21 pm
There are some real idiots in the world. Having an exchange with a guy that said he would rather have Diggs on the team than Patrick Queen, a 24 yo Pro Bowler vs. a 31 yo washed up guy. No idea why he is comparing guys that play different positions.
Why would any person in their right mind want Diggs who has constantly regressed and is over paid on our team over an impactful player?

Maybe they want to see our safety missing tackles over and over. Crazy.

I'd rather have Queen than Brooks as well

Codebrown

Post by Codebrown » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 pm

That’s right they could have had Queen that year