We're sounding spoiled.

trharder

Re: We're sounding spoiled.

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 pm
As fast as Jackson is, three LBs, regardless of how good they are, might not have been the answer. But, then what is? You would think that having LBs on the field should be your best bet to stop the run. But does anyone remember watching one of Jackson's plays where you thought we just blew it?
The talk before the game often involved Jackson's running ability, yet when he took off it still looked like it surprised the defense. If there was a "spy" who was it? I don't want to get into an argument on what is "just blew it", but in general, the Seahawks had no answer despite tape showing it was coming. I've heard Brock Huard say it and I can see it on the field, both on TV and now from the stadium, the Seahawk defense in no longer fast. The SB winning defense was freaky fast. This defense is slow.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm
Michael K. wrote:
As fast as Jackson is, three LBs, regardless of how good they are, might not have been the answer. But, then what is? You would think that having LBs on the field should be your best bet to stop the run. But does anyone remember watching one of Jackson's plays where you thought we just blew it?
The talk before the game often involved Jackson's running ability, yet when he took off it still looked like it surprised the defense. If there was a "spy" who was it? I don't want to get into an argument on what is "just blew it", but in general, the Seahawks had no answer despite tape showing it was coming. I've heard Brock Huard say it and I can see it on the field, both on TV and now from the stadium, the Seahawk defense in no longer fast. The SB winning defense was freaky fast. This defense is slow.
It's fast in some spots . In others no. Not only is it not fait to gauge the speed of a defense with how well it contaned Jackson. How can you compare it to a top 5 all time defense that had Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor....now that's speed.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking we might have given Bobby one contract too many. I like that the reward the good guys over the malcontents but have to make sure the good guys are still good.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 pm

I think Bobby was the spy. Unless he held a gun to Norton's head, I am not sure that it is Bobby's fault that we chose to spy one of the fastest players in football with a MLB.

He was one of the best defensive players in all of football last year. Not locking him up doesn't seem smart to me.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 pm
I think Bobby was the spy. Unless he held a gun to Norton's head, I am not sure that it is Bobby's fault that we chose to spy one of the fastest players in football with a MLB.

He was one of the best defensive players in all of football last year. Not locking him up doesn't seem smart to me.
Yeah I was all for it. Just seems he hasn't been himself this year......
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Didn't look like Wagner was spying Jackson.. Whatever they were doing was working. That pick six was a 10 point maybe a 14 point swing. That really altered Ravens play calling. Close game and they were able to call more option plays. No one can take that. Without that pick I think Ravens had to pass more and have difficulty scoring rest of game.

Any talk of Wagner being a liability or a mistake resigning him is nonsense. Anyone who says so shows their lack of football knowledge. Hawks are still 5-2 . Their record would not be even close to that without Wagner.

One of the fastest players in the history of the game having a great day is not a good choice to evaluate the state of your defense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:15 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Didn't look like Wagner was spying Jackson.. Whatever they were doing was working. That pick six was a 10 point maybe a 14 point swing. That really altered Ravens play calling. Close game and they were able to call more option plays. No one can take that. Without that pick I think Ravens had to pass more and have difficulty scoring rest of game.

Any talk of Wagner being a liability or a mistake resigning him is nonsense. Anyone who says so shows their lack of football knowledge. Hawks are still 5-2 . Their record would not be even close to that without Wagner.

One of the fastest players in the history of the game having a great day is not a good choice to evaluate the state of your defense.
I was asking the question not stating Wagner sucks and I can't believe we resigned him.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Bobby's PFF ratings

2017 - 91.4
2018 - 91.9
2019 - 68.4

Maybe the injury is having an impact.
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 pm
Bobby's PFF ratings

2017 - 91.4
2018 - 91.9
2019 - 68.4

Maybe the injury is having an impact.
He hasn't looked like the same player to me. Has 70 tackles, but only 3 tackles for loss and nothing else. No fumbles, forced fumbles, interceptions, ect. Glad we signed him but something isn't right with him at the moment

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:10 pm

I have always wondered if he disclosed the injury prior to signing. If not it's not exactly negotiating in good faith.
dt