I think it's over

trharder

Re: I think it's over

Post by trharder » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:07 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Bell on Penny:
https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 29458.html
I could have wrote that, but I wouldn't have even if I was Greg Bell. Zero insight.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:13 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:01 pm
ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:58 pm
57reasons wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 pm

If you listened carefully Millen wasnt blaming Russ on that, just remarking how unfortunate it was that he chose from the get go to look right side vs. the left. pre-snap of course he cant know that DK is going to destroy the coverage like that, and not the kind of play that your second read is the polar opposite sideline from your first, would apparently have been the 3rd or 4th read instead.
Hell I'll blame Russell for that. He wasn't even hurried. Still love the guy but he completely F'd up on that read.
He could have walked into the defensive huddle before the snap and told Peters exactly when and where he was going to throw it wouldn't have been any easier for Peters to make that pic
wasnt defending the INT - that was just Russ finally being human and completely his mistake (not on the receiver). just saying what Millen said (assuming correct, he's certainly far more qualified to say than me), that once he'd decided on one side pre-snap, the other side was essentially out of the equation. so in that sense not really a mis-read, as used to plague him more in previous years.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:27 am

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:58 pm
Hell I'll blame Russell for that. He wasn't even hurried. Still love the guy but he completely F'd up on that read.
There's no way to let RW off the hook for that one. What struck me most about the pick was the horrible mechanics of the throw.
He's got both feet on the ground like a sumo wrestler and has to arm the whole thing. Very un-RW like.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:35 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:58 am
Yeah, I guess I just hate the sideways pass so much I wish they would be stricken from the playbook forever and not even be used once a season. We used them twice vs. Ravens and the result was a pick six and a failed 3rd and two in their territory.
It may be my imagination, but when I see every other team in the NFL throw a screen pass there is at least two blockers in front of the receiver who gets the pass. With the Seahawk there is never any blockers. That's not the first time RW threw that same pick either

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:43 am

trharder wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:35 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:58 am
Yeah, I guess I just hate the sideways pass so much I wish they would be stricken from the playbook forever and not even be used once a season. We used them twice vs. Ravens and the result was a pick six and a failed 3rd and two in their territory.
It may be my imagination, but when I see every other team in the NFL throw a screen pass there is at least two blockers in front of the receiver who gets the pass. With the Seahawk there is never any blockers. That's not the first time RW threw that same pick either
It would seem that failure to execute a decent screen pass wasn’t a Bevell or Cable issue. Might be a Pete issue, might be a problem with our O Line, might be a Russ issue, and it might be all three. But I have given up all hope that this team will ever slow down a pass rush with even the threat of a screen pass.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:11 am

trharder wrote:

No it's not your imagination. There are different types of screens. Seahawks run them that way sometimes too. That play requires alot of practice time. If the offensive coaches and/or Carroll aren't that big a fan of it there is no reason to invest so much practice time to something that is rarely used. I for one don't understand the obsession with this play.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:23 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:11 am
trharder wrote:

No it's not your imagination. There are different types of screens. Seahawks run them that way sometimes too. That play requires alot of practice time. If the offensive coaches and/or Carroll aren't that big a fan of it there is no reason to invest so much practice time to something that is rarely used. I for one don't understand the obsession with this play.
Our QB is constantly under pressure, and a screen pass takes the oppositions pressure and uses it against them. That is the obsession. It isn’t just a Seahawk fan issue.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Our QB is constantly under pressure, and a screen pass takes the oppositions pressure and uses it against them. That is the obsession. It isn’t just a Seahawk fan issue.
Every QB in the league is under constant pressure and Wilson is among the best at dealing with it. Dumb play IMO relies too much on a misread by the defense. They sniff that out. Easy interception other way.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:27 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:13 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Every QB in the league is under constant pressure and Wilson is among the best at dealing with it. Dumb play IMO relies too much on a misread by the defense. They sniff that out. Easy interception other way.
So it is just our defense that can’t defend the screen? That play made the Red Rifle look like a hall of fame candidate week one. The screen has been used effectively for years. Not sure why our offense would be the only one that never needs it?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm
Let's talk about jolly old New England shall we? The best team they have played this year is the Pittsburgh Steelers. . Jets twice, Dolphins, Buffalo (should've lost) , Redskins and Giants. All those teams are horrible.

Second let's compare division opponents. Every team in the NFC West has played in a Superbowl (including Arizona) the past years. When's the last time Jets played in the Superbowl? Hint: Their QB wore pantyhose. Bills? Dolphins? New England plays those teams twice a year.

You put New England in NFC West and no one is talking about the genius of Bill Belichick. They get an automatic bid into the playoffs every year. Take nothing away from them but spare me the longing for their coaching staff when the H3have had great success under way more difficult circumstances. Hell they are 5-2 now.
Belichick record outside their conference isn't that bad either, all you can do is beat the teams you are given to beat, the AFL east hasn't been that good and so Belichick uses it as his personal nail, but on top of that he seems to have done a pretty good job of it no matter where the team was located. I am finding it hard to see an argument in those numbers that he is overrated

While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team.

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage.
Last edited by Donn Beach on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.