Post by D-train » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:27 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:54 am
Cowherd supports Pete, but he needs a QB

Given some of the idiotic shit CC has said the past year or so I honestly think he might have early stage Alzheimer's. The trend continues....The should probably get him off the air before he turns into Biden. :lol:
Yeah, it's just that the shit has been to rip Pete. Like choosing him over RW. Interesting the change of tune
A few months ago he suggested a MLB team trade their draft picks for a guy. How does a guy getting paid millions to know sports not know you can't trade regular MLB draft picks.
dt

Michael K.

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:23 pm

So, Josh Allen at QB and they don't give up nearly 250 yards per game rushing the last half of the season because they played precent defense? Interesting.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:45 pm
douche wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 pm
He says he plans to be back. Come on Jody!

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1771324/ ... g-forward/
“I’m not worn out. I’m not tired. I’m not any of that stuff,” he said. “I need to do a better job and I need to help my coaches more and we need to do a better job of coaching. There’s a lot of area for improvement.”

Ya think?
Has to be the most inane line I have ever read in my life. Dude has been coaching for decades. So Pete why did you decide not to help your coaches enough this season???
Yep, it's completely bonkers to think that a guy being paid $15 million a season to run the entire football operation in Seattle is allowed to get away with such a rudimentary comment. He's essentially admitting that he failed to do his job this season.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:21 pm

Kind of eye opening. Food for thought for everyone that thinks it will just turn around and that past results ensure future success.
Attachments
Pete Carrol 14 years broken down.png
Pete Carrol 14 years broken down.png (1006.65 KiB) Viewed 242 times

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:58 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:21 pm
Kind of eye opening. Food for thought for everyone that thinks it will just turn around and that past results ensure future success.
Enough said there. Like I said guys if Pete returns & DOES NOT take a QB it's gonna be very hard to root for this team going forward. I don't know if it's just me but this town is sure turning me off of its sports teams. Like I said, if this shit went down on the east coast, he'd of been gone years ago. Owners make billions, to them its just a rounding error. Just remember that sports fans, 1 as in 1 playoff win the past 7 seasons, 1, uno. This is what happens when you give 1 person all the power & a spineless owner who won't do shit. Again like the old saying goes insanity is doing the same thing over & over & expecting different results.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:21 pm
Cue the people coming to his rescue saying the graphic on the right is FAR better than fill in the blank aka the worst franchise in the league and we are guaranteed to go a decade without playoffs if we move on from him.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:17 pm

More food for thought:

Simply getting rid of Pete doesn't immediately turn things around, either. Him and Schneider have an eye for players and talent, it just hasn't translated to the field as of late. Perhaps Seattle keeps those two around to simply evaluate and acquire talent while the coaching aspect moves in another direction altogether. I don't know the answer.

But I do know this... coaches have a shelf life.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:37 pm

I could be wrong, but it seems scheme to me. Brock and Sally this morning talking about Michigan's CBs. Salk says is it asking to much to want guys like that. Brock's response was, you mean not like up way off and backpedal? Sorry, no one wants to do that. They aren't doing it because they are told to in play right coverage. They are doing it because this staff is living in a past where QBs had to have huge windows to throw into, threw AFTER the guy was open and were less accurate. They also tackles better. This scheme doesn't fit this personnel, and Pete doesn't care. He plays it anyway.

That said? I can't think of a personnel this laid back sissy ass scheme would fit. It's a bad fucking plan, and what's worse is the defense was pretty decent early and again, Grampa Pete wasn't comfortable, so they changed. Genius.

Maybe we will be wrong, maybe the players suck, and there is nothing that can be done. Hard to blame John when Pete is his boss.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:42 pm

More failure to utilize guys skillsets. JSN had almost 300 yards of receiving yards in the Rose Bowl but they don't think he can go on 20 foot routes.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:37 pm
I could be wrong, but it seems scheme to me.
It seems like scheme (or lack thereof) to me as well. I see talented players on this roster, and they're just not being utilized properly. But I also see glaring weaknesses in terms of pass protection and pass rush.

Someone help me out here... when's the last time this team drafted a linebacker or a defensive end? It seems like SEA mostly acquires these players through free agency on short contracts. Are those positions not important to them? Or just not important enough to draft?