Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:26 pm

Don't think it has to do with the SB as much as the franchises winningest HC

Michael K.

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:27 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:26 pm
Don't think it has to do with the SB as much as the franchises winningest HC
So, again, Bill Bellichick can be told he isn't being asked back to New England, rings, wins, etc., but Pete Carroll deserves a lifetime contract. Again, more Bullshit soft ass Seattle thought process. You might need less Coffee and more Bourbon. I have been tired of this shit since I was hearing "Refuse to Lose" bullshit while losing 100 games in baseball. I was tired of hearing about 1991 during 0 and 12. I'm even more tired of hearing all that one coach did for us, when what he has done lately is one playoff win in 11 seasons.

You say "winningest coach in franchise history" How about this.

Since a 6 and 1 start to the 2020 season, the Pete Carroll lead Seahawks are 31 and 30 in the regular season and 0 and 3 in the Post Season. The guy who gets to stay as long as he wants has a record over three and a half seasons of 31 and 33. Yep, just fire a few more coordinators and keep the Head Coach the same, because 11 years ago we won a Super Bowl.

In the 9 seasons since losing the Super Bowl, this team has 2 Divisional Titles. The 49ers and Rams have that many in the last four years!
Since losing the Super Bowl they have the following playoff wins -

1. 10 to 9 over the Vikings when Blair Walsh missed a 19 yard FG.
2. Beat a very bad Lions team.
3. Beat a very bad Eagles team with an ancient QB with a broken back.

In that same time, they have lost the following playoff games -

1. 24-31 to Carolina. A game they trailed 31 to 0 at the half since they decided that the rhythm passing attack that got them into the playoffs needed scrapped in the playoffs.
2. Lost 20 to 36 to Atlanta in a game that really wasn't even that close
3. Lost 22 to 24 to Dallas because we decided even though we couldn't run on Dallas, and no one ran on Dallas, we should keep running on Dallas
4. Lost 20 to 30 to the Rams. A team that started out the game with a QB who no one had heard of and ended the game with a QB who had three fingers on this throwing hand.
5. Lost 23 to 41 to the 49ers, again, in a game that really wasn't even that close.

Missed the playoffs three of the past seven years. Haven't won a playoff game in four seasons now and missed the playoffs two of the past three seasons. Since deciding he was uncomfortable with a 6 and 1 start, Pete Carroll went with a style of football he was comfortable with, and we have gone 31 and 33 since. But Hell yes, he is comfortable. Who wouldn't be knowing that like the weather man, he can be right or wrong and keep his job as long as he wants!? We play in a division where two of the brightest young coaches have thrived, and we've decided it is a must to keep grampa Pete because over a decade ago he was real good.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:25 pm
The connection is that almost every SB winning coach was eventually moved on from and it didn't require the HC making that decision.

Here its like winning one title grants you lifetime immunity and he can coach until he drops dead if he wants to. It is just bizarre.
Shanahan earned 9 years with SB victories in DEN before Bowlen turfed him. Can PC stay in SEA forever?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:30 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 pm

He says he plans to be back. Come on Jody!

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1771324/ ... g-forward/
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:37 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:36 pm

"Not everyone can make the playoffs and they just barely missed out. They did better than at least half the teams."

If you're a fan and you've been watching (and smelling) the garbage in SEA the last few years, then there's nothing remotely acceptable regarding this statement.

And they finished with a better record than 13 other teams. Not half.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 pm

“I’m not worn out. I’m not tired. I’m not any of that stuff,” he said. “I need to do a better job and I need to help my coaches more and we need to do a better job of coaching. There’s a lot of area for improvement.”

Ya think?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:13 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:36 pm
"Not everyone can make the playoffs and they just barely missed out. They did better than at least half the teams."

If you're a fan and you've been watching (and smelling) the garbage in SEA the last few years, then there's nothing remotely acceptable regarding this statement.

And they finished with a better record than 13 other teams. Not half.
It's tone deaf. The baby was born two weeks ago, but love wants us to believe that they have just not had time to smoke cigars until now. Fine, you thought you would be smoking cigars for making the playoffs. Guess what? You didn't make the playoffs. They make T Shirts for both teams in the Super Bowl. The losing team doesn't put theirs's on and take pictures. Ridiculous thought process here. Fine, pass the cigars around, Hell, you can even smoke them....don't post pictures of it. It is absolutely tone deaf.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:45 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 pm

“I’m not worn out. I’m not tired. I’m not any of that stuff,” he said. “I need to do a better job and I need to help my coaches more and we need to do a better job of coaching. There’s a lot of area for improvement.”

Ya think?
Has to be the most inane line I have ever read in my life. Dude has been coaching for decades. So Pete why did you decide not to help your coaches enough this season???
dt