Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

ThePro

Re: Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:01 am
At this point who would you rather have a disgruntled Trent Williams or Clowney?
Teent Williams? Where would you play him?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:24 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 am
Little different what happened to Clark and Everson Griffin issues.. Very poor comparison.
No doubt, and my intention wasn't to compare the circumstance as much as the public perception. Many people felt he wasn't worth a shot because they read a story about him.

Many years of productive football out of Griffin shouldn't necessarily be forgotten because of a mental health issue he had that he, at least seems to have, overcome. The Seahawks would do their homework, just like they did with Clark.

Mental Health issues are treatable. I don't know that he deserves to be black balled because he missed 5 games because of it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:58 pm

dealing with someone that has had to deal with a mental health issue as a pariah is pretty much a prejudicial attitude as any other

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:24 pm
ThePro wrote:
Little different what happened to Clark and Everson Griffin issues.. Very poor comparison.
No doubt, and my intention wasn't to compare the circumstance as much as the public perception. Many people felt he wasn't worth a shot because they read a story about him.

Many years of productive football out of Griffin shouldn't necessarily be forgotten because of a mental health issue he had that he, at least seems to have, overcome. The Seahawks would do their homework, just like they did with Clark.

Mental Health issues are treatable. I don't know that he deserves to be black balled because he missed 5 games because of it.
I didn't say he deserved to be blackballed. I said I don't want him here.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:41 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:24 pm
ThePro wrote:

Exactly. Nothing to do with his value as a person, this is a job we're talking about, in a team environment, that requires a lot of undistracted focus. Griffen may be fine now, but always a risk of recurrence. On the other hand there is an alternative who does not carry that risk (at least that anyone knows about), who is a better talent to boot, who would also be motivated, playing for a contract. Possibly only a one year rental - so what? lose a 2nd round pick, and get back a 3rd or 4th round comp pick, for a chance to upgrade from playoff contender to SB contender? sign me up.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:45 am

I wonder what the holdup is? I figured he would be traded by now. Not necessarily the Hawks but somewhere.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 am

probably just playing teams off each other, holding out for highest bidder?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:31 pm

ThePro wrote:

You're right, and I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply that you did.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:31 pm
ThePro wrote:

You're right, and I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply that you did.
You didn't need to apologize dude... :lol:
They are saying Clowney could be traded in next 24 hours.
They're starting RB went down...Hawks have backs to spare. I wonder....

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Seems they would want Penny if they wanted a back...I wonder if we could talk them into Procise since he actually just took the field!? :o