D-train

Re: "FBI" raids President Trump's Home in Florida

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:08 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:19 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:31 pm
That's what I thought.
Also, *IF* there is an indictment under the Espionage Act, the history of such charges suggest it would be in a year or two (as the case is built), not in a few months after the evidence is seized.
Will that be before or after he is indicted for Russia Collusion?
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:08 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
That's what I thought.
Also, *IF* there is an indictment under the Espionage Act, the history of such charges suggest it would be in a year or two (as the case is built), not in a few months after the evidence is seized.
Will that be before or after he is indicted for Russia Collusion?
I know you aren't being serious, but since I respect you: In 2019, Bill Barr (then AG) ruled out any indictments related to Mueller's investigation. That is history, as far as I know.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:49 pm

So far....we don't know a thing about what was removed from Mar-a-Lago. Just leaks, hear-say, speculation, hype and innuendo.

And that is the strategy of the Administration. The short term goal is the mid terms and the longer term goal is the 2024 election.

The raid provides enough climate of doubt and uncertainty so the liberal press can pee their pants daily and cast blame/ speculate about

the former President.

We used to call it a smear campaign usually lead by key journalists in the print media. Now its SOP of the alphabet agencies. All degenerated

in lying loyalty like piglets sucking the great sow. And the great sow is Susan Rice and associated power brokers. Maintain and increase power

no matter the cost.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:25 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
That's what I thought.
True,
But want to make a bet that the charges will be placed ONCE he has the Republican's Nomination for President?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:30 pm

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:49 pm
So far....we don't know a thing about what was removed from Mar-a-Lago. Just leaks, hear-say, speculation, hype and innuendo.

And that is the strategy of the Administration. The short term goal is the mid terms and the longer term goal is the 2024 election.

The raid provides enough climate of doubt and uncertainty so the liberal press can pee their pants daily and cast blame/ speculate about

the former President.

We used to call it a smear campaign usually lead by key journalists in the print media. Now its SOP of the alphabet agencies. All degenerated

in lying loyalty like piglets sucking the great sow. And the great sow is Susan Rice and associated power brokers. Maintain and increase power

no matter the cost.
Yep, the Trump era has ushered in the ends justify the means Era of US Politics. In their minds he is so horrible, so beneath them and so "dangerous" that they are willing to sacrifice the last vestige of morality, ethics and human decency they may have had and it is all justified by the their deluded peer and media reinforced obsession with taking him down for the greater good.
dt

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:57 pm

totally....D-train

The case is 'being built' to once again defraud the American people. Fake charges lilting the airwaves = election strategy.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:27 pm

What one must remember is that it is the President who has the ultimate authority over what and how something is classified. So "legally," any documents in Trump's possession, classified or not, are his to do with what he wants.

"Authority to take certain pieces of information, like the existence of a weapons program, and classify it top secret is given only to specific individuals. Those individuals include the president and vice president, agency heads and those specifically designated by authorities outlined in the executive order.

Procedures for declassification of materials are complicated. They are delineated in Executive Order 12356. However, the president has ultimate declassification authority and may declassify anything at any time, but there is a process involving the proper paperwork and declassification markings."

https://people.howstuffworks.com/us-cla ... s-news.htm

Thus if Trump declassified materials during his administration, Biden cannot do anything about it. This is why many documents end up in Presidential Libraries and there is no fuss over the matter. The DOJ can "indict" Trump for anything they want to, but I'd be willing to bet at least $10 that if the Dims don't judge shop, any honest judge out there would throw the indictment out. The President at the time has the authority over classified materials.

Interestingly enough, I think it was FDR that was illegally cut out of the "classification loop" because of suspected top aides who were thought to be USSR agents.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:14 am

Get Trump.jpg
Get Trump.jpg (75.43 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:45 pm

Quote by Ddraig:
Thus if Trump declassified materials during his administration, Biden cannot do anything about it. This is why many documents end up in Presidential Libraries and there is no fuss over the matter. The DOJ can "indict" Trump for anything they want to, but I'd be willing to bet at least $10 that if the Dims don't judge shop, any honest judge out there would throw the indictment out. The President at the time has the authority over classified materials.
I don't know about this....
Can't the President declassify or classify any documents they wish? If so, then President Harris can just cast a wide blanket and say that all documents in the storage room at President Trump's home are classified (again).

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:08 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:45 pm
Quote by Ddraig:
I don't know about this....
Can't the President declassify or classify any documents they wish? If so, then President Harris can just cast a wide blanket and say that all documents in the storage room at President Trump's home are classified (again).
I share your doubt. I can't imagine that the sitting president can just arbitrarily classify documents that are in the former president's possession. I also have to think that declassification can't be just an arbitrary wave of the hand. I mean, codes for nuclear weapons? The identify of spies? (Just as examples.)